I see why you have a problem with it, Nana, but at the same time it's rather harsh to force someone to not quickly edit their vote. It all depends on the circumstance, and one can always blame a beneficial circumstance e.g. "I wrote the wrong name!" (Imp's example).
I don't think there can be any rules set in stone for the issue. It all depends on the circumstance, and if no one were browsing the thread and you accidentally wrote the wrong name, I seriously doubt you wouldn't quickly change it (hmm?). If it's picked up, and worthy of discussion/pointing out, sure, why not discuss it. Go nuts on him during the day phase. But in this case it was a pretty clear case of the vote being seen as useless exactly when he posted. I understand why he edited. But I do of course agree that editing should in general be avoided if possible in the game threads.