Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
So much drama:o...can someone explain it to me too? Reviewer Spirit:cheerbunny
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
That being said it's pretty stupid to rashly fart out a vote kill. I don't think I would ever post a vote kill post without checking if the vote kill name is correct.

Regarding the bias, well I dunno. Lol.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
It's not about a punishment, Gary, ffs. AS I SAID BEFORE, in that case I think that DD should have asked him to keep both votes, since he meant both. His explanations could come with the game. He would lost a vote that wouldn't matter, BUT WTV, it could matter in other situations, so people should keep important info there. The same should go for the example Evil gave, IMO.
I'm not saying that people should be punished for that, AGAIN, FFS. I'm saying that, if the host can control those things (a.k.a. noticing that something disappeared and asking people to get it back), then he should. Specially when it's a vote or an accusation or stuff like that.
Just so we're clear: I'm not saying that DD should do anything with what's already in the past, but I do think that we should talk about it and decide how to work with it in the future. That's what I'M suggesting. You feel free to agree or disagree with it. I'd appreciate not to be called ridiculous while you didn't get my point yet, though. For the record, I mean =)

I won't comment the bias part, though. I don't wanna walk into another war.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Nobody can see if a post changed before its edit tags sets in, so how can you actually police it? I agree in that a vote should not changed without recording it, but there is no sure way to actually police that. The only way to manage to find a person is if the edited after the minute. In which the only logical thing is there to be a one minute amnesty period after they vote to allow someone for whatever reason to edit their post. You cant control it, so leave it.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
My observation skills hit the bottom and reading through the pages I missed, I can't get this somehow. Was there a violation of the rules I overlooked? I was kind of in a hurry to go out, so, was careless a bit in the ending.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Actually it's two minutes :edu

(I don't know if it's exactly two minutes, I could find out, but it's pretty certain.)
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
My observation skills hit the bottom and reading through the pages I missed, I can't get this somehow. Was there a violation of the rules I overlooked? I was kind of in a hurry to go out, so, was careless a bit in the ending.
NO! It's a storm in a teacup!
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Nobody can see if a post changed before its edit tags sets in, so how can you actually police it? I agree in that a vote should not changed without recording it, but there is no sure way to actually police that. The only way to manage to find a person is if the edited after the minute. In which the only logical thing is there to be a one minute amnesty period after they vote to allow someone for whatever reason to edit their post. You cant control it, so leave it.
You can't, unless something like the host seeing it, or someone quoting it, shows it. And that means you should do nothing when that happens?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,674
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
You can't, unless something like the host seeing it, or someone quoting it, shows it. And that means you should do nothing when that happens?
If they already made two votes then the edit is invalid and only their 2nd vote counts.

If they made a vote and then edited into another vote then they both count and the player has made two votes, the edited vote is their final vote.

THERE it's set in stone now. ~.~ digitaldude



[bene]Edited for added effect[/bene]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Ah, I see, so someone edited the vote after a while and that's what bothered Farfalla in the bigger picture.
Anyway, it's better to clear the things out at this stage rather than waiting for such things to happen in the crucial phases.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
So Niichan is banned from the next game too right?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
=-="
Why are you saying that if people just agreed with how to deal with it now, and not before he changed it?
People argued about it before, but they settled it now, geez.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I never disagreed with anything that was said, and wouldn't. So I don't understand why I'm being called biased. Everything that has been posited is hypothetical, and since I'm not a host I don't have final say. But I will guarantee that if I saw niichan edit it under the two minute point, or anything else I would have said something for sure. But I can't police the game as a player, so...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I didn't call YOU that. I said that about everyone. It's not like you don't know how I think.
So everyone is biased...

I'm just going to drop it since I'm not sure what's even being talked about right now.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
So Niichan is banned from the next game too right?
That's harsh, we haven't had something like this before and we couldn't really establish clear guidelines on it, except the wizzard case, which was quite unique though and not completely comparable.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
That's harsh, we haven't had something like this before and we couldn't really establish clear guidelines on it, except the wizzard case, which was quite unique though and not completely comparable.
But he always wins in the win thread!




Anyway, I am going to stop posting until the end of the phase.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Some of you guys deserve a "TL;DR or IDGAF" reply.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top