Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
HxH :allthe

The game would at least have 75 players in it

If we're doing a HxH Theme, I want to be Knuckle!!!
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
True that. But still, firsthand experience is the best.

Why out of emergency?
The game lasted longer than Evil expected I guess. I think he was going out of town, or had to prepare to move and couldn't spend any more time on it. Nuno helped as well.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,121
Reaction score
20,242
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I hope the next game would not be a manwha or Game of Thrones.

I haven't watch or read Game of Thrones let me at least watch/read it first.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
The game lasted longer than Evil expected I guess. I think he was going out of town, or had to prepare to move and couldn't spend any more time on it. Nuno helped as well.
so I could have an experienced co-host. If it's a theme that Kute doesn't like, he can help me. =D
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
so I could have an experienced co-host. If it's a theme that Kute doesn't like, he can help me. =D
Someone cohosting means one less person playing. It's a bit different if it's a necessity and the person has already been eliminated.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
When I mentioned Kute helping if it's a theme he doesn't like, I was assuming (as per his words) that he wouldn't play. I know what cohosting results in, but I could go for a round or two hosting on my own without problems, methinks, no?

Of course, pointless discussion if there's no HP or SW theme.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
It wasn't theme based. It was a new inclusion, but unlike the ones we had in this one, we didn't have to guess the new roles from a pool.
Same thing, different words. It was highly fitting of the theme, but it was also "a new inclusion". I don't see the difference here. Evil announced the role fromt he start, so everyone knew it was in the game.

To be honest I find it rather hard to guess out of a big pool of roles. The only reason it was so easy in this game was because people are hell bent on revealing their roles. But niichan did say he did perhaps go a little overkill on new roles.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

The game lasted longer than Evil expected I guess. I think he was going out of town, or had to prepare to move and couldn't spend any more time on it. Nuno helped as well.
Actually he ended up not needing help as the game lasted shorter than he expected after expecting it to last very long (lol). So there was no emergency, but yeah we learned a lot there, but it was softcore hosting at best, as there were few night actions left. The first night sounded like a real challenge in that game.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
In the middle of hosting when I was really busy I was like "Won't do this shit again anytime soon :bored" but now after the game ended I have this strong urge of hosting the next game too :rofl

Reasons:

1. Looking back at it, it was actually pretty fun and probably would have been even more so if I wouldn't have been that busy early to midgame.

2. I'm not satisfied with how I did my job. I was pretty sure I would make a mistake at some point but hell, it turned out worse than expected.

3. Only one more week until my 2-week long holiday starts. Perfect time to host a game, if anyone is up for another one that soon. Wouldn't mind a small one, maybe we have a few people who're ready to play again in a week or two :XD
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In the middle of hosting when I was really busy I was like "Won't do this shit again anytime soon :bored" but now after the game ended I have this strong urge of hosting the next game too :rofl

Reasons:

1. Looking back at it, it was actually pretty fun and probably would have been even more so if I wouldn't have been that busy early to midgame.

2. I'm not satisfied with how I did my job. I was pretty sure I would make a mistake at some point but hell, it turned out worse than expected.

3. Only one more week until my 2-week long holiday starts. Perfect time to host a game, if anyone is up for another one that soon. Wouldn't mind a small one, maybe we have a few people who're ready to play again in a week or two :XD
im down...sign me up


:thumbs
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I'm dissatisfied with the flow of this thread at nights again. The few times I came to read few posts I was like - Oh Hell Noa, Bitches not serious... and then ran away quickly to not get even more frustrated.

I suggest to leave the Game Thread open during nights so active players can leave comments there, and not in the Disucssion thread. Players who do will be instanty hostkilled or something. Uhm yeah. Next time I host that's will be the procedure, so don't be surprised.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm dissatisfied with the flow of this thread at nights again. The few times I came to read few posts I was like - Oh Hell Noa, Bitches not serious... and then ran away quickly to not get even more frustrated.

I suggest to leave the Game Thread open during nights so active players can leave comments there, and not in the Disucssion thread. Players who do will be instanty hostkilled or something. Uhm yeah. Next time I host that's will be the procedure, so don't be surprised.
I was unsure what to do, really. If we leave the game thread open for talk (I suppose only alive players are allowed to post right?) it probably won't change anything regarding the comments :XD just that they're all bundled at one place. I guess that's an advantage though, so yeah... comments after the results of dayphase probably can't be avoided me thinks.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Didn't niichan host for the first time? Plus, there are guides and all, and I can ask for help as well... at least before the start.
Well, if you are going to volunteer for hosting (next one or some other in future, doesn't matter), you'll definitely need to put much more effort than you did whilst playing, take that into account.
The toughest part looks like arranging a balanced role distribution. The updates and stuff could be annoying with all the spam, but it's still not that difficult, just time consuming or so it seems.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I was unsure what to do, really. If we leave the game thread open for talk (I suppose only alive players are allowed to post right?) it probably won't change anything regarding the comments :XD just that they're all bundled at one place. I guess that's an advantage though, so yeah... comments after the results of dayphase probably can't be avoided me thinks.
Evil is suggesting hostkill for those who comment at the game thread, so, it's not as if it will be open for talk. It will be open for baiting people for Hall of Shame.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Evil is suggesting hostkill for those who comment at the game thread, so, it's not as if it will be open for talk. It will be open for baiting people for Hall of Shame.
No, I prefer the discussions at night in the Game Thread, than in the Discussion thread.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
No, I prefer the discussions at night in the Game Thread, than in the Discussion thread.
Ah, my bad. What difference does it make, then?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, my bad. What difference does it make, then?
What I said, everything will be gathered in one place :XD This thread wasn't made to discuss the current game, that's supposed to be limited to the game thread of the specific game and I guess that's what Evil is pointing at. The discussion thread should stay as free as possible from current game comments.

Only current game comments allowed after the game itself ends but even then, most people will prolly talk in the game thread.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
It was actually created because I was bribed into making it with sexy pictures. But I didnt know the pics evil sent me were traps. Our friendship has never recovered.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Hm, in that case, limiting activity in the night comments could work. Like allowing just one comment per player, without quoting anyone else, so, that would allow the players to express their frustration or joy, or say, it will be the review of the day. Needless to say, they shouldn't talk about their roles/night actions in the review. It's generally not the focus of the night phase talks, anyway. Often, people just want to drop by and scream "Oh God!! We lynched another Townie!!".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top