Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
F it in, I'm in Faust. But I'll be inactive like hell.
Then don't join. If you know you're gonna be inactive, then why join and risk getting hostkilled and consequently banned from the next game? Plus, you may feel obligated and make forced posts and not have so much fun. Personally, I think you're better off skipping this game unless you know you'll be far more active.
Not saying that anything about lawl, but a player that will mess up with the game and not really play, is just hassle to the host and the players. Get Milly as a example xD
I do play. <_< I don't get what's wrong with how I play when I"m serious, even when I'm so completely off with my assessments.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Then don't join. If you know you're gonna be inactive, then why join and risk getting hostkilled and consequently banned from the next game? Plus, you may feel obligated and make forced posts and not have so much fun. Personally, I think you're better off skipping this game unless you know you'll be far more active.
I'm gonna do at least 3 posts each, don't worry about it. Also, I'm kinda tired of doing 50 posts per dayand getting killed after that (and then, no one freaking remembers what I said :-_- ).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm not worried about 3 posts a day minimum, but whether you'll have fun or not or feel obligated. I'm just tryna support you, not stop you.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I'm not worried about 3 posts a day minimum, but whether you'll have fun or not or feel obligated. I'm just tryna support you, not stop you.
Oh don't worry about me, I'll have fun :^_^
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,239
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
You can now sign up for Game 27! :p Date: June 9 12PM GMT+8
[highlight]Theme: Fullmetal Alchemist[/highlight]


Limited Slots only, maximum of 13 players
[highlight]The slots are now extended to 16 players![/highlight]

Game 27

i always sign up...also since i didnt rlly get to play this time im pissed,i will kick some asses next time,if i get a crappy role though i will kill you faust :blush
an early addition.. (me) wants to join the fun.
I guess they are giving the new upstart a shot...it better be good too faust

:nod

i'm in
I am in. Livia is pretty busy...I dunno if she can find time.
FMA? i'm down :super
I'm free to play a mafia game. Count me in please, FAUSTACHE.
I'm signing up with only 16 players signed up! I know you can get 16!
yeah, when I'm playing and go to the mall I'm like "that dude is mafia for sure"

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

about the role modification... this new lovers sound just like a mentor/mentee with one being bulettproof

anyway, I'm in
When is it going to start? If it's after june 8, I'm in
Thx, so... i want to play too \o

I'm in, like a clothe in a washing machine.
fine...a friend's request..
okay I'm in..
F it in, I'm in Faust. But I'll be inactive like hell.
I want to play. I cannot promise I will be any good at it. :^_^

1. Mazino
2. wizzard
3. gnut
4. digitaldude
5. Xerous
6. dark lord
7. Nast. J
8. TheMoa
9. Farfalla
10. MidoBan
11. M3J
12. liductan
13. Hardy
14. Buffynut
15. lawlett-kun

[highlight]remaining available slots: only 1 left, but still anyone can sign up and become emergency replacements in case there will be inactive players. Thank you.[/highlight]
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
What? No...please don't do that replacement thing
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I guess that would be up to the host. But if I ever see a host doing the substitute thing, I will certainly drop out of the sign up and not play.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I still don't know what's the problem with having substitutes. It just makes the game fairer and avoids having a tard that probably ruins it
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I still don't know what's the problem with having substitutes. It just makes the game fairer and avoids having a tard that probably ruins it
It's not fair at all. But I don't want to sound like a broken record...whatever
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
It's not fair at all. But I don't want to sound like a broken record...whatever
How isn't it fair? Suddenly shit happens in your life, you tell the host about it and he finds a reeplacement, avoiding to f@ck the game, what's wrong about it?

Now, if the person about to get hostkilled is a kdowns, then no.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
How isn't it fair? Suddenly shit happens in your life, you tell the host about it and he finds a reeplacement, avoiding to f@ck the game, what's wrong about it?

Now, if the person about to get hostkilled is a kdowns, then no.
Shit happens. Most of the hostkills happen for that very reason. It's sometimes unavoidable, but it's up to the host as far as what to do. Either way, it can result in a ban.

Introducing someone new to the game goes against the flow of it. Every player should start and contribute from the same point. You're basically saying that the new guy didn't have to post until the point he replaces someone, adding nothing to the game and having no impact on it or it's players prior to him joining. Just because you're avoiding hostkilling someone doesn't mean you're actually balancing anything at all.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think replacing is a wonderwul idea
:hug

Shit happens. Most of the hostkills happen for that very reason. It's sometimes unavoidable, but it's up to the host as far as what to do. Either way, it can result in a ban.

Introducing someone new to the game goes against the flow of it. Every player should start and contribute from the same point. You're basically saying that the new guy didn't have to post until the point he replaces someone, adding nothing to the game and having no impact on it or it's players prior to him joining. Just because you're avoiding hostkilling someone doesn't mean you're actually balancing anything at all.
It may change the flow, but everything the guy that player before the new guy still remains. You're not balancing it, you're actually avoiding to get the game terribly unbalanced.

And how is a hostkill anything better? Losing a player? It makes no sense.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,239
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Just because you're avoiding hostkilling someone doesn't mean you're actually balancing anything at all.
not that you mention it. yeah it seems unfair.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

hostkill doesn't favor any side so yeah it seems there's justice in hostkilling.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It may change the flow, but everything the guy that player before the new guy still remains. You're not balancing it, you're actually avoiding to get the game terribly unbalanced.

And how is a hostkill anything better? Losing a player? It makes no sense.
Guy A has to bow out of the game on Day 3.

Host lets Guy B join in the same role.

Guy B hasn't posted, voted, or done any night actions because he wasn't part of the game.

How does this sound fair or balancing in any way? It's because it isn't. All you're doing is preventing the game from being shortened. I'd rather have a shortened game where everyone is on the same level, than one that lasts another phase because some unaccountable new guy takes the place of someone else. A game like that is garbage.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,239
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
upcoming host's question :question

Player A (Detective) targets Player B
Player C (Prostitute) targets Player A

What should I PM to Player A? Should I deliberately say that "Your Night Action was Blocked?"
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Substitution is a bad idea because the substitute might not read the posts and would either be lost or have no idea what's going on. Too many problems with the whole substitute thing,and it wouldn't be fair for the opposite side either.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Whatever happened to that image Herm had for the night action order?
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Jesus christ you guys sure like to attack hosts . Let them do their own thing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top