I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Alright guys.. I'm sorry for all these commotion. maybe the fault is all mine since I think I've been pretty tactless in saying how I don't really like playing the MG cause I don't like reading all the posts.. especially the long ones. and maybe the people who are passionate about the game felt offended about what I said.. I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean anything bad about what I said. I didn't participate in the mafia games after my first game cause I didn't wanna ruin the game for those who are passionate about it. I said I wanted to participate in this game because it was LOTR themed and was hosted by Lambu-kun but that was just me being silly. I actually wanted to try it again since I saw how people were enjoying it. I did read most of the post this time and also enjoyed it this time around. kinda..
I didn't get any violations in my first game since I pretty much just spammed whatever came to my mind. This time around, I tried to play it seriously (or a bit less troll-y) which is why I didn't just post whatever came to my mind (and ended up getting a violation).
Also.. I read JamesRye's post and I don't think he was attacking the hosts (or maybe it's just me being used to frank people ) only wanted/asking about the decision and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
As for me getting host killed... I already stated the possible reason above.. and I understand. so please don't blame the hosts. although I still stand by my statement that I don't think JamesRye was attacking the hosts but rather was just inquiring/wanted a fair treatment.. so please don't make him look bad as well. '-'
As for the issue of me being revived, I say just keep me dead. although the issue has been resolved, my attention/priority is kinda somewhere else right now.
I can't actually say what it is since it's kinda personal.
sorry for all of these commotion. you serious bunch of ! JK please don't hurt me!
as for activity, im not too sure but there must be a correlation between 'how much can I influence the game' (i.e. am i noob at mg or not) and general posting behaviour
probably educate newer players better so they have more of an internalized incentive to play
as for activity, im not too sure but there must be a correlation between 'how much can I influence the game' (i.e. am i noob at mg or not) and general posting behaviour
probably educate newer players better so they have more of an internalized incentive to play
We are talking this now with the still active council peeps, some ideas are already in air. Might be necessary to update the council first, and then let the new people, the active players, take charge of the new rules.
I don't mind stepping down from active Council seat, but I do still need access to all discussion as the section mod. It's kinda my job to know whats going on.
We are talking this now with the still active council peeps, some ideas are already in air. Might be necessary to update the council first, and then let the new people, the active players, take charge of the new rules.
I don't mind stepping down from active Council seat, but I do still need access to all discussion as the section mod. It's kinda my job to know whats going on.
We need a Mafia noob school, this is exhausting... like a thread where you play mini-games or mini-scenarios as "what-ifs" and such and that those threads could be used as lessons for newbies how a det or doc is supposed to act, etc.
We need a Mafia noob school, this is exhausting... like a thread where you play mini-games or mini-scenarios as "what-ifs" and such and that those threads could be used as lessons for newbies how a det or doc is supposed to act, etc.
We need a Mafia noob school, this is exhausting... like a thread where you play mini-games or mini-scenarios as "what-ifs" and such and that those threads could be used as lessons for newbies how a det or doc is supposed to act, etc.
I've heard conflicting things, so I thought I'd just ask here. By how much was the day phase in question cut short? I tried looking on my own, but after those countdown images expire, there's no real record of how long phases were meant to last, and how long they actually lasted.
I've heard conflicting things, so I thought I'd just ask here. By how much was the day phase in question cut short? I tried looking on my own, but after those countdown images expire, there's no real record of how long phases were meant to last, and how long they actually lasted.
I've heard conflicting things, so I thought I'd just ask here. By how much was the day phase in question cut short? I tried looking on my own, but after those countdown images expire, there's no real record of how long phases were meant to last, and how long they actually lasted.