I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I've never played a Fire Emblem game and I'm a fan of Jojo, but I would take another Fire Emblem MG any day of the week. I liked Jojo's, but Fire Emblem MG's system not only gave people roles. You had a choice of how you upgraded which gave players a lot more free-agency.
Plus, JoJo has some fun and badass characters, but Fire Emblem has a better average. Not everyone can be Giorno or Turtle Polneraff. There's going to be Pesche and Mud Pet-Man too. In fact, the majority of Jojo characters are hard to even look at, let alone play as. Fire Emblem's cast is a lot more average looking, but there's enough variety and quality in the designs to make playing with them interesting.
Anyhow, that's my two cents. Fire Emblem allowed for my player freedom and had an overall better cast.
So right now whenever Lambu’s game finishes. Will have about a week before signups for your game? Or will signups start immediately following final thoughts of this game? I ask Because October 16-23rd was the week we were looking at for our game. If we did ours on the 16th. Signups for our game will close the weekend before. The signups would open at least a week before that. People need a break?
So right now whenever Lambu’s game finishes. Will have about a week before signups for your game? Or will signups start immediately following final thoughts of this game? I ask Because October 16-23rd was the week we were looking at for our game. If we did ours on the 16th. Signups for our game will close the weekend before. The signups would open at least a week before that. People need a break?
Grachwan...thats like a month away.
A week for a games leaves you guys 3
If they got time to play now and not later means they didnt have time to begin with....
Cant make people join....idk but shouldnt be a problem to have ongoing games.
That’s fine but last year we had issue with people getting fatigued with a lot of close games. And just thinking between Lambu’s, then Gry’s then ours. But if it works for people’s schedules and they can do all 3 or 2/3 that’s fine
That’s fine but last year we had issue with people getting fatigued with a lot of close games. And just thinking between Lambu’s, then Gry’s then ours. But if it works for people’s schedules and they can do all 3 or 2/3 that’s fine
Well if people have that kind of spirit then feel a bit better about it. But I don’t want to be the one that is like “I told you so...” 4 weeks from now when not many people is signing up.
Well if people have that kind of spirit then feel a bit better about it. But I don’t want to be the one that is like “I told you so...” 4 weeks from now when not many people is signing up.
No it doesn’t but I don’t want a big turnout. We need a number divisible by 4 or 5. And would prefer something like 20, 24, 25 rather than 15-16. Because I don’t think we could do our mechanic with that few. Would have to wait to do our Halloween game maybe until we could get enough. Maybe in November? Since if Gry hosts now then nobody will host that month. But then that’s close to our Christmas game. Willing to that if everyone ok with Halloween based theme in November.
I think mafia game should be more frequent than just a special occasion.
But thats me i guess....
Its just nice to have an option to play often instead of once a month if you're lucky
Idk. I think mafia game should be more special considering lack of attention to detail in some games. The option of having a lot of games can be fun but having special games here and there are cool too.
Idk. I think mafia game should be more special considering lack of attention to detail in some games. The option of having a lot of games can be fun but having special games here and there are cool too.
Sorry but 27 would prolly be a record....that is rather large.
I would say 20 is more the average...but it's wtv.
I just dont believe having more games = less participation.
Alotta sites mafia games go a month or so....having a week to respond.
You could always draw out phases on the size of games x)
Lord of the Rings had 27? I think so did RWBY? And one of the games before I played. Then there were a lot that had 23-24 or over 20. But I think games before that were only on the teens. Probably because a lot of new players came from Fairy Tail section + other sections - Belserion, Gryffindor, Takuan, myself, Juviii, Emperor Spriggan, Lady Pom, Asako, Seraph, revo, Brandish, Marma, Elusia, etc.... along a regular stream of new players (Like Linda and Shiney and yes Final Betal and Nietz) to people who play 1-2 times like Reebi. Plus even Lambu and Van are newer than GrySun. So added on to that 14-20 something regular players and that’s a large number. Which a few games were pulling off. But it’s not really about the numbers. The point wasn’t about the numbers. The point was that there were regular games, about 1 month or more with fairly large turn outs for games that went over board with music for the day and night phases along with gifs and art. Such attention was paid to details. And execution was just so wonderful. Like in lord of the rings. Lambu blew me away. And then RWBY followed up. I started inviting people just for the experience in playing. Lately we miss night actions and most people are busy or barely play or the game plays itself without needing players. I just have a mindset that we need an old fashion game (old fashion like the games when I started), which was one of the reasons I wanted @Lady pompom to cohost with me as she was such a big bringer of RWBY together. And normally some of the best players host. Like Gry, Van, Lambu, Panda, Farfalla(?) host so they don’t get to play with everyone unless someone like ES or Tux hosts. So I wanted to give a game for the hosts to say I appreciate them and they could all play together but also welcome new players I have been recruiting since last year for this game like @GajeelNashi. Also asking people like Aluq and g01 months ago. Because I wanted to bring new blood and old blood together. So I started work on this game right after Fumetsu ended and then approached Pom months ago and also Asako. To give a game as good as something Lambu, Van, Gry, Panda could pull off. Probably pretty stupid to put a lot of heart and soul into something that might get doubled jinxed. And also it’s a gift to Vandred as well. So just a little hurt that it could be casually swept away since Mafia is how I met everyone. A lot of my friends left after Fairy tail but Mafia is one thing that keeps us together. Plus met so many new people who would never have spoken to before. So even if the game memes itself and people get salty... it can still be fun.