I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I'm just glad the games are varied sizes. Like, I may not have been able to follow this game perfectly at every point, but at least I've been able to catch up and read everything. With large 25-player games, that's usually an issue for me so I'll drop out if that many sign up.
Also glad to see there might be some basic games. As ingenious as some of these game mechanics are, I've been missing me some standard Mafia the way it was played when I started... maybe not necessarily like when the role lis was short enough that I didn't need to scroll, but at least where you don't have to take a whole new set of rules into account each game. Like I said, that's fun too, but if more frequent games means more varied turn-outs and/or some more basic games, that's all good to me.
I haven't hosted in years and things will continue like this. Nowadays more 'cause of Oli than 'cause of trauma. Dunno if people miss our party gimmicks as well anyway.
Imo, variety is always good. Having different styles, levels of complexity, hosts and sizes of games being offered is awesome 'cause people have different tastes (I don't follow this "I want simple games again!" trend, for example). That applies to having different times being offered as well. And unlike Greg, I agree with you, people need breaks in between games. We get excited and wanting another one, but the ones that last till the end often get too tired (mentally from the thinking, emotionally from the rollercoaster and physically from not sleeping for days, LOL) and averted to an upcoming one being too close. BUT... Between wtv Gry is gonna host and your game in the end of October there's over 1.5 month. Games usually last for a week or 10 days, that's rly enough time for people to take a break from his game and be excited about yours. I don't think you should be fearing that, honestly. It's more likely for people to be tired from Lambelu's game to join Gry's. And it looks like people would do it anyway (I will), so you can chill xD
Idk, at this rate if her game ends up not having the names or numbers signing up that she wants, I‘ll be the one blamed even if it‘s been a month since. So probably better to let her have her supergame she wants.
Idk, at this rate if her game ends up not having the names or numbers signing up that she wants, I‘ll be the one blamed even if it‘s been a month since. So probably better to let her have her supergame she wants.
Will cap it at 20. If people signup in mass (which I doubt) then we could move the max cap to 24. It can only be a number divisible by 4 or 5. Sorry just the way it is. Can’t have 22 or 18 or 21. Unless you’re going to host again in November, that month is free. Maybe we can do a switch. We can back it up if schedules permits among the hosts to the 31st of October and into November. Any later would be weird for a Halloween game. Will just wait to see before deciding since if it’s on the 17th, signups will start a week or two before. At earliest around 7th-9th. But will have to talk to all of my cohosts to see which date works for them. Or me, you, Pom, and asako can talk about this via pm. If your game is at the end of September. Then that leaves a week or two for signups for our game. Some of your choices of your poll seem like an attack on our game. People seem to be in support of both games. Gnut and farfalla have put me in a better mood about it. And the two games seem like they’ll be different to an extent. Considering we might be using a piece of Fire emblem. Idk it’s going through some alternations at the current time. It’s hard to decide on my own because even though a lot of it is my own, I want to rely on my cohosts a lot since we are a team. There’s a lot of things to be worked on and would prefer it not to be influenced by the public. And the fact that the current game is not over nor the after thought discussion on it. So as we move into a transitional period between games, we just need to work together in spirit of the town.
Will cap it at 20. If people signup in mass (which I doubt) then we could move the max cap to 24. It can only be a number divisible by 4 or 5. Sorry just the way it is. Can’t have 22 or 18 or 21. Unless you’re going to host again in November, that month is free. Maybe we can do a switch. We can back it up if schedules permits among the hosts to the 31st of October and into November. Any later would be weird for a Halloween game. Will just wait to see before deciding since if it’s on the 17th, signups will start a week or two before. At earliest around 7th-9th. But will have to talk to all of my cohosts to see which date works for them. Or me, you, Pom, and asako can talk about this via pm. If your game is at the end of September. Then that leaves a week or two for signups for our game. Some of your choices of your poll seem like an attack on our game. People seem to be in support of both games. Gnut and farfalla have put me in a better mood about it. And the two games seem like they’ll be different to an extent. Considering we might be using a piece of Fire emblem. Idk it’s going through some alternations at the current time. It’s hard to decide on my own because even though a lot of it is my own, I want to rely on my cohosts a lot since we are a team. There’s a lot of things to be worked on and would prefer it not to be influenced by the public. And the fact that the current game is not over nor the after thought discussion on it. So as we move into a transitional period between games, we just need to work together in spirit of the town.
Does it mean you‘re kicking people out if you end up with a number like 19?
I think you‘re overreacting a lot, especially considering I asked you in the deadpad and you were fine with the idea but complain now. Will wait and try to have mine in november for the least amount of headaches.
Does it mean you‘re kicking people out if you end up with a number like 19?
I think you‘re overreacting a lot, especially considering I asked you in the deadpad and you were fine with the idea but complain now. Will wait and try to have mine in november for the least amount of headaches.