I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
I like the idea of choosing ones Pokemon. With over 700 options, Im pretty sure people could settle on something, if there are double picks.
It of course depends on what route thehosts go with the game.
The one who don't know pokemon, can have one chosen for them.
Usually atleast half a page at the start of a new game is people whining that they got a character they didn't want (oh boohoo) This would eliminate that.
Ah yeah, we're deciding on how to go with the poke selection 'cause it has to fit in the initial ideas we're going with.
In the LoL MG people were able to pick the Champion and it went fine^^ I don't think that people wanting the same thing would be a big problem here, there are many ways to go around it. But we have other concerns in mind xD Hopefully you guys will like what we come up with.
@Tatasugoi: I'd let you pick between Bolivia and Vezenuela '-' Go dreaming you'd get Russia or N.Korea, at least they allegedly can fight :P
If I get chosen do I have to send in my participation thingie to the mafia tournament staff or will one of you guys do it? Cause I gotta take a night train on the 12th to arrive at the hospital on the 13th so whatever the outcome is of the poll I won't be online on the 13th. Thanks for whoever vote for me btw. Hope I will be back in june to take part in one of the last games. And if not then I'm sure DD gonna rock their socks there. And have fun being pokemons murdering each other! xD
Pikachu then, because that's the only damn Pokemon I know. Seriously though, wouldn't having to chose be complicated? What happens when 2 people want the same Pokemon?
Joke aside, i'm fine with any pokemon (even if I'm a huge fan of pika-chan) btw i have never played to any pokemon game so don't know that much on pokemon universe I only watched a little the anime.
@Tatasugoi, glad to have you in the game, miss you