I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
-REMINDER: For this game you can PM me 3 roles you would like to play in this game. There's a high chance you'd get to play one of them. You can still send them until 10.01. or change your 3 submitted roles.
Don't wanna hear any complaints about not liking your role if you don't take up this chance.
Sure, adding you to the player list. This could be a confusing hard game, so please be sure to read the game rules before the game starts and to ask if you have any questions.
Will you tell us about the new rules before hand or during the game, when it might become crucial ;-;? I don't wanna go thru the exercise of guessing what could be different again, following published guidelines that have no value ;-;
Will you tell us about the new rules before hand or during the game, when it might become crucial ;-;? I don't wanna go thru the exercise of guessing what could be different again, following published guidelines that have no value ;-;
Don't worry, it's not like I changed the core of what makes a mafia game, or put in some new roles nobody has ever seen. There will just be a small extra which will be explained when the game starts. What each player makes of this and if they even use it is up to them.
Hah I like reading in wikis too. You could read a bit about the characters that'll be in the game or the one you get. Knowing some characters and plot could be a little bit benefitial perhaps
Hah I like reading in wikis too. You could read a bit about the characters that'll be in the game or the one you get. Knowing some characters and plot could be a little bit benefitial perhaps
Unfortunately I won't be able to play if the game starts on 12th I expected the game to start earlier or at the latest today or tomorrow, I have some mock exam around 17/18 plus some other family circumstances the same week too. I likely won't be free till 1st half of february due to other exams and other stuffs. i was a lot freeer during holidays, wanted to play so badly this game, even if i know nothing about fire emblem except that the games are awesome and awakening has such a great BGM.
Unfortunately I won't be able to play if the game starts on 12th I expected the game to start earlier or at the latest today or tomorrow, I have some mock exam around 17/18 plus some other family circumstances the same week too. I likely won't be free till 1st half of february due to other exams and other stuffs. i was a lot freeer during holidays, wanted to play so badly this game, even if i know nothing about fire emblem except that the games are awesome and awakening has such a great BGM.
That's so unfortunate Erin. I can't start it any earlier than the 12th Good luck to you on your exam and other things keeping you busy this month. Hope the next game will be possible for you.
Unfortunately I won't be able to play if the game starts on 12th I expected the game to start earlier or at the latest today or tomorrow, I have some mock exam around 17/18 plus some other family circumstances the same week too. I likely won't be free till 1st half of february due to other exams and other stuffs. i was a lot freeer during holidays, wanted to play so badly this game, even if i know nothing about fire emblem except that the games are awesome and awakening has such a great BGM.
Mmmm I mean you could read about the game and characters but it's rather unnecessary for the mafia game. You'll have lots to read once I send the role PM's and make the game thread so save yourself up for that
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well the game is about 99% ready now. @Holt, @A.ulq and @desin24 didn't confirm yet that they're playing, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll be ready and there when the game starts.
So the sign up time is officially over, and our final player list is set.
Mafia Game 53
-Featuring a few special rules