I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
What o.o It‘s looking like a fairly big game, I don‘t think you can host this alone at all Elu. How are confirmations even being asked for in this case. You‘ll definitely need someone to help with processing night actions and rules.
I'll be fine, Gry. Looking at the playerlist at the moment, it's going to be smaller than some Mafia Games you guys have. I think I'll manage this, whenever having a co-host with me or not.
I'll be fine, Gry. Looking at the playerlist at the moment, it's going to be smaller than some Mafia Games you guys have. I think I'll manage this, whenever having a co-host with me or not.
It‘s more complicated and easier to mess up than you think Elu... You‘d definitely make mistakes like this, and I wouldn’t play if you hosted without someone who knows how to host being with you.
But since Lambu will be overseeing what you do I‘m fine with it.
Have Lambito to check your setup as well, Elu. Share your game ideas with him before you guys start. He'll have some great inputs to provide, allowing things to go smoother later.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Inb4 Lambu now roasts Jamz' ass with some "random" role distribution '-'
Have Lambito to check your setup as well, Elu. Share your game ideas with him before you guys start. He'll have some great inputs to provide, allowing things to go smoother later.
What o.o It‘s looking like a fairly big game, I don‘t think you can host this alone at all Elu. How are confirmations even being asked for in this case. You‘ll definitely need someone to help with processing night actions and rules.
Elu has found a cohost. Sorry guys. This literally popped up today and i can't miss it. I'm giving elu all the prepped resources I had so the game will run as schedueled
I'll be fine, Gry. Looking at the playerlist at the moment, it's going to be smaller than some Mafia Games you guys have. I think I'll manage this, whenever having a co-host with me or not.
Thank you! I need the help I can get from someone who has hosted before! >.<
I just need Spirit to hand me his general Mafia stuff and I'll get to it as soon as possible.
Yeah best that you get lambu to look over it. I checked the roles but it hust so happens that I'm blind drunk atm so im not the best mediator for that shit at this time
Just an FYI, want to throw this out before it sounds incriminating, I will be busy tomorrow morning. Something came up I need to take care of. Shouldn't be more than 4-6 hours but still.. I know how this game goes sometimes.
Just an FYI, want to throw this out before it sounds incriminating, I will be busy tomorrow morning. Something came up I need to take care of. Shouldn't be more than 4-6 hours but still.. I know how this game goes sometimes.