I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Seriously? The 18% happened? How the bloody hell are you supposed to play this game with a system like that that ignores rules set by their roles? Well, so much for my hopes that Asako was a Mentor or Mentee. GG, Mafia. Town went genocide on itself. At least I had a good reason to vote for Asako compared to the ones who voted for Marmaladesky.
Also why are you liking this update @Juviii and @Jammin ? This is bad, we are losing, town is losing! We are losing because of a 5% chance of Asako truly targeting Vandred for 2 nights and a 18% of Asako learning something despite her mentor being killed the same night she tried to learn from him. What are the odds (well 5% and then 18%, but ya know math-like I mean)?!? >.<
Watching you all bandwagon that poor little thing that is Asako was as heartbreaking as watching the likes of Shigatsu or Koe no Katachi. There is a special place in hell for you guys, I'm sure of it!
Also why are you liking this update @Juviii and @Jammin ? This is bad, we are losing, town is losing! We are losing because of a 5% chance of Asako truly targeting Vandred for 2 nights and a 18% of Asako learning something despite her mentor being killed the same night she tried to learn from him. What are the odds (well 5% and then 18%, but ya know math-like I mean)?!? >.<
Watching you all bandwagon that poor little thing that is Asako was as heartbreaking as watching the likes of Shigatsu or Koe no Katachi. There is a special place in hell for you guys, I'm sure of it!
I'm going to comfort her in the dead pad when she's online. She honestly deserves a big hug and a pat on the back for doing the best she can despite the day phase.
I guess, I gonna cry then. I really thought we had a chance using Seraph to try to confirm actions and thus possible townies. Now we got a Daytime Vigilante who is nothing but a Vanila Townie now, but hey, at least he is confirmed. Yay~
Like I said, the chances for Asako lying were far greater than the chances for it to be true. So I do not regret voting for her, were it the normal system she would have to be a Mafia or 3rd party, no other way around it due the rules. If it were not for this bs stat system my theory would have been correct. Instead we got a system where def is a useless stat because of str so we always need to hope the killer fails his str check and even if he does if we fial our def check we are still dead while we never know if actions used by others like the apprentice were able to learn despite the kill. I just wish Asako would have played the unlucky Apprentice role, I would have rather believed that then the whole det thing due the whole apprentice can't learn when his mentor gets killed rule...