I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
@Crescent Jinx Sorry Jinxie, know I've said I'm looking forward to your game but I'll have even less free time than usual with work oh weekdays, rehearsals on weekends and parenting the rest of the time. Hope you have a good game though!
@Crescent Jinx Sorry Jinxie, know I've said I'm looking forward to your game but I'll have even less free time than usual with work oh weekdays, rehearsals on weekends and parenting the rest of the time. Hope you have a good game though!
Sure thing. Always these things and schedules. Sometimes they just don’t work together. But there is Gry’s game. And there is always Danganronpa one. If you get time, should totally play it.
People generally join according to their time, not according to who is hosting(at least I hope that's the case.. ), so I'd say yes they would. You'd need to see which date and time you would want to host, check the calendar on the sticky post for if it's free. If it's free then you reserve the spot, if not you can possibly talk to those that took the spot and see if you can work something out.
2 games per month aren't illegal either, just possibly(not quite proven yet but sounds likely) has less people interested in playing due to recent-game fatigue.
17th october starts the next game which currently has signups open for it. Games tend to last a week, so it could be complicated finding a time this october to host without messing with the other game.
So best either to try it another month or go with a Speedgame, a game format where the game begins and ends on the same day, thus having pretty short phases.