Shounen - Magi by Shinobu Ohtaka | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Magi by Shinobu Ohtaka

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Totally forgot about that and seeing how Magi is one of the biggest franchise of Sunday, it's very possible for Magi to get a kanzenban of some sort in the future. Sunday barely has titles that are getting animes atm so idk still. I guess its a possibility of a 3rd season.

Amarax

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I agree with Ohtaka moving on from Magi. But I'm sure she's open to release content for it in the future, like a oneshot or epilogue of some sort. If so, I'd like if she focus on other characters aside from Aladdin and friends or the kou bunch. Maybe something to do with Sinbad and where he went or at least something with the djinn+alma torran cast. Never got closure for them at all. Or even the Fanalis trope would be cool.

What issues were there with the anime? I unaware but I thought season 3 never happened because it wasn't popular enough or season 2 did poor. The anime felt lackluster at times but it was still good. I know they made changes to some things. still

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Bro Sinbad became a multi verse character at the end,he can erase the entire FT verse all by himself.
Fairy heart zeref was going to erase a 400 year era and turn everything back to when he started, plus he can rewind time to come out of nowhere

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Fairy heart zeref was going to erase a 400 year era and turn everything back to when he started, plus he can rewind time to come out of nowhere
No that is a different thing,he was going to rewind time kind of like Pucci did in JoJo part 6.

But that doesn't mean he can fight against Sinbad.

Amarax

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I just realized something (took me so long), but the talk-no-jutsu chapters in the sacred palace (volume 34-35) are similar to the infamous episode 25&26 of the Evangelion TV series. I think they both have similar themes (e.g: 'the world sucks!' 'no, it doesn't!', 'we believe in you', 'we love you', 'take care of yourself'...etc. In the case of Eva, there was the End of Evangelion to follow, and the Rebuild movies are a nice AU alternative if you want a more positive aftermath to the events of the TV series.

I'm one of those people who doesn't mind Ohtaka returning to Magi after some years and writing a short sequel or an AU. Aladdin talked about there being other worlds during the summit, like one in which Aladdin is Kou's magi and Judar is Sindria's.

In my poorly-written Magi sequel fan fiction, the MVs are gone, but the story returns to its 1001 Nights roots. Aladdin goes on a journey by himself, meets Badroulbadour (Jasmine in the original tale), who is the princess of a small kingdom, and becomes entangled in the palace intrigue. He solves the kingdom's problems and beats the bad guys with magic and the experience he gained from hanging with the leaders of the world.

Before the final arc, I thought the manga won't end before Ohtaka incorporating the story of Aladdin from 100 Nights and Aladdin meeting his future wife, just like his father wished for him in a tegaki.
I like that idea! To be honest , I'd highly prefer that over Aladdin x Kougyoku any day....I mean I'm aware its possibly semi canon but I like to think Aladdin gets over his crush on Kougyoku and meets someone during his travels...
I do wish Ohtaka could have explored other countries and cultures in Magi, it would be nice to see other metal vessel users and kingdoms (maybe even introduce a queen character) andwhat not,there was so much lore and story she could've dove into...sigh.
Ohtaka could've even reached 1001 chapters of the manga I mean look at one piece...over 900 chapters. Naruto had 700+...it could have happened :(

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Whaat ohtaka dropped designs at her tegaki blog months ago

I was holding my breath for phenex but sadly no luck; post time skip designs
Need glasses and microscope to decipher it all, but there is stuff like sinbad last djinns rukh types and stuff I've wondered about

Amarax

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
So with the orient anime being announced, does anybody think there is still chance for there to be another magi season? Not that I'm hopeful, but I've seen others talking about it

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So with the orient anime being announced, does anybody think there is still chance for there to be another magi season? Not that I'm hopeful, but I've seen others talking about it
It's possible. Alibaba's voice actor made an off hand comment about Magi should get another season and it caused Magi to trend so there is potential. Personally I think it's good if they don't touch Magi as it opens the possibility of a reboot one day. I still want to see the rest of Magi adapted though. I love Magi to death so I'd take a season 3 at this point.

Amarax

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
While I don't expect Ohtaka to do anything with Magi anytime soon (at least for a few years, until she's further into Orient maybe) I do think there may be room for possibility in the future?

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but if Orient anime does well, perhaps it could leave room for a magi reboot/season 3 (I'm more hopeful for a reboot honestly), and if magi did return as an anime, it could encourage ohtaka to add more content. Like, maybe she can release some gaidens for certain characters/countries that could possibly explore them more , like how KNY got spinoff gaidens for Tomioka and Rengoku. I think that would be nice and a good opportunity for ohtaka to perhaps add in some information on events she was unable to during the manga run?

Though I do prefer them to leave magi alone for now like somone else mentioned, so it can possibly be rebooted and done better in the future. Like a Magi Brotherhood

Just some thoughts

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
While I don't expect Ohtaka to do anything with Magi anytime soon (at least for a few years, until she's further into Orient maybe) I do think there may be room for possibility in the future?

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, but if Orient anime does well, perhaps it could leave room for a magi reboot/season 3 (I'm more hopeful for a reboot honestly), and if magi did return as an anime, it could encourage ohtaka to add more content. Like, maybe she can release some gaidens for certain characters/countries that could possibly explore them more , like how KNY got spinoff gaidens for Tomioka and Rengoku. I think that would be nice and a good opportunity for ohtaka to perhaps add in some information on events she was unable to during the manga run?

Though I do prefer them to leave magi alone for now like somone else mentioned, so it can possibly be rebooted and done better in the future. Like a Magi Brotherhood

Just some thoughts
Sadly, the success or even failure of the Orient anime is pretty irrelevant for Magi season 3 or reboot. They have completely different publishers; Orient's publisher is Kodansha and Magi's publisher is Shogakukan. Also IF Magi's anime does return, I could see Ohtaka helping out to some extent at least by providing her rough drafts for the final arc to the anime staff.

In terms of more manga content, it's even more unlikely. I think at best would be like a light novel but even that's more unlikely than a season 3 or reboot imo.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
So it seems i made a slight mistake. The chibi djinns and djinn equips (especially the Kouen Phenex equip) that i posted some time ago are actually not official, but someone's drawings from instagram.

Its from the artist Dris.jpg
Here is the link:

It looks like the chibi designs were so good that the wiki people actually posted those on their site thinking its legit lol :xp
A real shame since i thought Ohtaka finally showed Kouen's Phenex equip, albeit in chibi form.

GB

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
#ecchihentai
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

my brain is derping, which djinn is the mermaid?

Dris.jpg

Reaction score
Country
France
Its Vepar. Sinbad's djinn. The one with the big spiky rings.
He only used it once during his attack on the Sacred Palace.
that's right ! and for the jinns that we see on the second image of the post (bottom) are all jinns that appear in the manga during the Alma Torran arc. but they are never named. we can assume that these are the jinns never shown by Othaka. when to know who is the jinn of whom, there only Othaka in person can have the answer. (to my great frustration ^^)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So it seems i made a slight mistake. The chibi djinns and djinn equips (especially the Kouen Phenex equip) that i posted some time ago are actually not official, but someone's drawings from instagram.

Its from the artist Dris.jpg
Here is the link:

It looks like the chibi designs were so good that the wiki people actually posted those on their site thinking its legit lol :xp
A real shame since i thought Ohtaka finally showed Kouen's Phenex equip, albeit in chibi form.
on the second image, at the top, you can see designs that I created. first of all it is Koen's Phenex djinn equip (as you recognized).
however next to it (in green with the ax) is the Djinn equip Gusion de Barbarossa. (he's never been seen in the manga yet, at the end of sinbad no bouken we can see his shadow in the distance when he uses his earthquake power ... so I had to create his design from that. * finally in red and purple) it is the Djinn equip Shax of Nerva julius. (who can't use his jinn for some unknown reason ...) I had to create his charadesign from one of the unidentified jinn from the manga. .. ^^ Here are some details ^^