Shounen Magico by Iwamoto Naoki

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, I guess getting 10 chapters before the main character started using a sword is pretty good for a Shounen series. I like this one though. I bet if this was an anime it'd make the little noise the Star Rod uses in the Kirby video games. Pew pew pew

Good to learn more about rituals. Now we know why more people don't just do what Emma did and get super strength powers. Having to do all that nonsense again? No thanks.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I couldn't help but find Zodia's feelings a bit creepy in this chapter. :sweatdrop:

Overall, it was a good chapter about rivals and a little bit on Shion's past. I also appreciated the insight into what makes magic "work".

Well, I guess getting 10 chapters before the main character started using a sword is pretty good for a Shounen series. I like this one though. I bet if this was an anime it'd make the little noise the Star Rod uses in the Kirby video games. Pew pew pew
I liked the sword as well! In fact, the whole manga's aesthetic is starting to grow on me.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
The cover is really nice.
Not so sure about the chapter, I found the broom much more cool than a sword you can see everywhere else.
I'm intrigued in how you create your own ritual, I wonder if we will see it backfire in the next chapters
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wow,i did not expect a new JUMP series to be this good.I'm really enjoying this so far and it's not a surprise that they are pimping it with CP's.
I dropped Sengoku Armors after one chapter,but i'll stick a bit longer with Magico.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Wow,i did not expect a new JUMP series to be this good.I'm really enjoying this so far and it's not a surprise that they are pimping it with CP's.
I dropped Sengoku Armors after one chapter,but i'll stick a bit longer with Magico.
lol, glad you like it :)

It's hard to explain, but something about it just appeals to me. As soon as I read it (back in Ch.2), I told myself that I want to translate it. :p

The fact that it's doing decently well in the ToC to warrant a few color pages just makes it even more heartening. Although I still doubt it will be staying around for very long, a 1~2 year run will be good enough for me.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
lol, glad you like it :)

It's hard to explain, but something about it just appeals to me. As soon as I read it (back in Ch.2), I told myself that I want to translate it. :p

The fact that it's doing decently well in the ToC to warrant a few color pages just makes it even more heartening. Although I still doubt it will be staying around for very long, a 1~2 year run will be good enough for me.
Yeah,same here.I can't really describe it myself,but i just like it.I guess it's the authors style or something.

I wouldn't mind that.I think that manga nowadays tend to drag way to long anyway,because the manga-ka start serialisation and then just keep drawing until they run out of ideas,instead of just having a masterplan(like Arakawa with FMA).They try to get as many chapters as possible rather than keeping it short and to the point.I would welcome it if Magico is one of those manga in JUMP that don't try to survive as long as possible...
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ch.11 Spoiler

So It isn't because Zodia is weak, but that he's actually not at full power...
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Loved this chapter of Magico :zomg

I want the next chapters out soon :yelling

I want to get to know more about the rituals and it seems that we are going to see new pretty interesting characters.
Though it was very very predictable glad to see that Luu joined Shion and the others.
Their life won't be easy from now on, Shion but also Luu will need to become stronger in order to defend themselves from what is going to come eventually.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I liked that Luu joined them.I was kinda reluctant to accept this idea,but after seeing them as a little family,it has kinda grown on me.
I expected Anise to be the pet in the family,but I guess she does not see herself as an animal,but rather as an inteligent older sister,haha.

I'm glad the 'villain' here was weakened,so Shion beating him in an instant does not bother me and he still remains dangerous,especially because he revealed his goal.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.It will probably feature a lot of new characters and infos about the universe.
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm looking forward to the next chapter.It will probably feature a lot of new characters and infos about the universe.
I also can't wait for the next chapters !

They are going to be extremely important on my opinion , cuz it is extremely cool to see "Magico world" expanding and it will be great to get to know more characters.
And we are going to get to know more about the rituals, which is simply awesome.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I agree.This will probably lead to the bigger plot,now that we (probably) have all the main protagonists and the (main?) villain introduced.

I guess this will be like when the Chuunin/Hunter exam in Naruto/HxH started or Ichigo entered SS.Many new friends,new enemies,new items,new places,newpowers in a short amount of time.
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm really interested in knowing how rituals are designed/developed. I mean the stereotypical spells/magic we've known are all from some ancient, lost, scrolls. But here, they are designed (kind of like computer codes/game design?), and you have a city full of people that makes their living by providing rituals to mages.

Hopefully Shion can get his ritual renewed without having to deal with a city full of hostiles.


Magico 12 By MRI
 
Last edited:

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Very nice chapter of Magico :XD
And i love the Old Man, from what i see of him, he is definitely going to bring serious moments but also funny ones :amuse
I wonder what Emma give to Shion ? :headscratch
 

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
Chapter 13 was very good. The world of magico is developing already, which is really good. I see a lot of potential in Magico :)
 

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
6,139
Reaction score
4,703
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Magico is really being very enjoyable of reading :woo
And i am actually happy for choosing to read it since the beginning :XD
Of the new series of that time, it was the only one i choose to read, and it was JACKPOT :dancin
 

kazamakj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
244
Reaction score
1
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Nice to know the different classes in mages. ^_^ yeah for Emma being so incredibly lucky or magical.
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Magico 13 is out by MRI!! :D

Wow, Magico really is gaining a lot of popularity... 33 pages + colour page next week!
 
Top