Shounen - Major by Mitsuda Takuya | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Major by Mitsuda Takuya

bellcrossage

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I uploaded the raws (Vol 1-68) to this site.
You can find here.

Enjoy!
Do you plan on uploading Volume 69 and later (if there is a later)?

Anyway, thanks on doing that.

Horsee

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Yeah, you may be sure about this. I already did it with vol. 69, and I'll continue.

Last edited:

bellcrossage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, you may be sure about this. I already did it with vol. 69, and I'll continue.

Thank you so much, Major is one of my most favorite sports manga, alongside Hajime no Ippo and Prince of Tennis.

I know that Mitsuda-sensei has drawn or is currently drawing Volume 70, since it was up on the WebSunday website when I checked it last.

CrystaliqueFairy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
hey ~ I was wondering if someone could help me. Does anyone, by any chance, have the 2008 MAJOR calendar? I've been looking for it for sometime now.. but i can't find a download for it T.T

Rosi

Reaction score
Country
Greece
People.. I love you :)

Tensai_Sakuragi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I´ve been following the raws for this, and DAMN, what a dramatic game Hornets x Coyotes has become.

In the lastest chapter Goro is pitching like a madman. Good to see he´s still full of spirit(even as a pro). It´s hard to tell where all this is going, though. After the end of the "Gibson Storyline", what else do we need to see? :blink

I definitely don´t need to watch Goro getting old and shit. Maybe it´s time to pull a "last arc" here, Takuya. ;)

The anime will problably end in the 5th season, although I can see how they could produce a 6th one...

madara

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

I'm a boss of a french team and we want translate Major in fr, but we need translations us of volume 35 to end...

We need seriousely a translator us who can translate this manga ! I really appreciate it ;)

Horsee

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
madara: There is no english translator either. Why do you think that you can find a french translator? :p

Tensai_Sakuragi: I disagree. I hope Takuya will draw till Goro's death. :D

madara

Reaction score
Country
France
Horsee, I didn't say I need a french translator but english translations of volume 35 so to translate to us in fr because there isn't english translations of the three end chapters of volume 35 ;)

Tensai_Sakuragi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tensai_Sakuragi: I disagree. I hope Takuya will draw till Goro's death. :D
That´d be weird as hell. :p "And then...he retired...and died."
I can see it ending with him going back to Japan, signing a contract with some pro team and going at it with Mayumura and Sato for the Japanese title, I guess...

PS: Goro´s injured again. Meh. The end of the game was cool, though.

klosi3

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can someone tell me what was Goro's injury? and if it will take a while for him to get back?

Thanks!

bellcrossage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone tell me what was Goro's injury? and if it will take a while for him to get back?

Thanks!
He had Yips, it's a sports-related affliction that affects people playing baseball, but it can affect those playing golf, tennis, Australian-rules Football, as well as basketball. He got over it fairly quickly, but he was also afflicted with a shoulder injury and I don't have any idea as to how long he was able to remedy the injury.

Some interesting things I noticed about Major's newest chapter:
In Chapter 712, it is astonishing that Mitsuda-sensei made a small jump in time to cover Goro and Shimizu's marriage. It also shows an older Shingo as well as Chiharu. It also seems that Shimizu's expecting their first child. Taiga seems to be living with his sister and brother-in-law. Keen has left the Hornets for the Raiders (the same team that has Gibson Jr.). Joe Gibson has returned to baseball, but not as a player: he's now that new Texas Raiders' coach.

Last edited:

daman246

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
the ending is coming near, can someone tell me how many years past after the marrige of goro

bellcrossage

Reaction score
Country
United States
the ending is coming near, can someone tell me how many years past after the marrige of goro
I will put it in spoilers:

9 years. Goro says "It's been 9 years since we came to America." I am paraphrasing since I don't know if that's exactly what he says.

Punch

Reaction score
Country
Spain
And now Sato joins the Hornets to replace Kean (spelling?). Seems like the author wants to end it quickly. Sato&Goro world champions, Goro Jr. born, the Gibson saga defeated,etc... Goro should be close to 30 years old now. By the way, seeing as the old man (forgot his name) is still there in the bullpen with Goro, how old is he?

The author could start another manga focussing on Goro's son, maybe a soccer manga? (seeing as neither Basketball nor Football are very popular in Japan and Mitsuda already did one many years ago)

kichan

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Last edited:

bellcrossage

Reaction score
Country
United States
And now Sato joins the Hornets to replace Kean (spelling?). Seems like the author wants to end it quickly. Sato&Goro world champions, Goro Jr. born, the Gibson saga defeated,etc... Goro should be close to 30 years old now. By the way, seeing as the old man (forgot his name) is still there in the bullpen with Goro, how old is he?

The author could start another manga focussing on Goro's son, maybe a soccer manga? (seeing as neither Basketball nor Football are very popular in Japan and Mitsuda already did one many years ago)
I think you should reevaluate where Goro and Shimizu are. They're not in Japan. They live in Indiana with Taiga (it seems). It wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that the child of Goro and Kaoru will go to an American school, since the child will be an American citizen (even though he or she would be 100% Japanese). I doubt Mitsuda would do something like that unless Goro decided he wanted to go back home, or if he decided to retire and go home.

Also, don't assume that the baby is a male. There's no indication as to the sex of the child. It could more than likely be a girl.

Azurel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Oh noes... I've accidentally read something that happens after season 5. Does that mean it's really ending. T_T I wish there's moreeeee.

bellcrossage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh noes... I've accidentally read something that happens after season 5. Does that mean it's really ending. T_T I wish there's moreeeee.
The manga is still ongoing. Some people are saying that the story is ending because the story is progressing well. Pay no mind to them.