Discussion - Manga Club - #04 Reading & Sharing "Our Dreams at Dusk" | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Manga Club - #04 Reading & Sharing "Our Dreams at Dusk"

Choose one of the following options for the reading:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Just wanted to say, in case you re interested, the author started recently a new manga : Hiraeth wa Tabiji no Hate , heres a color page for chapter 6, as celebration for the 1st volume. Theres so far 4 chapters available on scan ( seemingly dealing with themes of hope and despair , 2 of the majors themes explored in Shimanami Tosaogare but different kind of story seemingly).

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Found this - the creator analyses the manga based on the visual metaphors that are used throughout the series. It's an interesting watch imo!
Addresses more things than I initially noticed when reading it 😊

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thanks so much @MarmaladeSky for sharing, that is an extremely interesting video that complement so well the reading and understanding of the work. I do love symbolism/imagery analysis, and I did notice those panels symbolism like light/darkness, flowers, shattering of glasses/breaking wall, fishes, space etc. but there were so many that I just mentioned the imagery and never analyzed it which I regret after watching her analysis. I like her references (like Versailles no Bara, as an inspirational work and plenty of other interesting manga. Also she mentioned Nobari no Ou (which is the manga for the same author which I had my eyes before Tasogare, i heard excellent things about it but never started it, will do some day :arf ), and the new manga (see color page above) which deals with death/despair too etc.

As mainly visual/artistic works, I really love taking time to understand metaphors/symbolism in mangas, I'm really happy she did it, there are very few people who take the time to deeply analyze symbolism and who really care about that aspect of a manga work and she did such an impeccable work. Pretty sure this person has a literature background or something similar. That's how we are taught at uni to analyse literature/artistic works ( form (style, art, metaphors etc) and meaning/submeaning etc.)

One point, I feel pretty sad, she said she has to be cautious, when she recorded it that her family doesnt hear what shes talking about. :s
I'm interested in watching her other videos, she did one about Tongari boushi no Atelier :zomg (more exactly about paneling in manga )
She also did a manga recommendation video ( and Marm-chan, 2 of the mangas we talked about once are in it :nod) she talks too about Act-age there.
I will definitely watch them when i have enough time since they are pretty long.

Last edited: