Hangout Manga Wars 2018 - Hangout

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'll be honest, I fully expected to lose. Thanks everyone who supported Kimetsu. I'll continue the campaign in the hopes that more readers will be aware of such a great series. I hope to see some new faces in the thread soon.

I'm surprised HxH and OPM lost as well. They are usually shoe ins for the last few rounds.
I’m guessing One Piece fans wanted their series to advance.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I’m guessing One Piece fans wanted their series to advance.
I really think @Lambu deserves the credit for the win against OPM. He had a wonderful campaign (as always) which won me over even though I hold OPM in very high regard. Honestly, if @Shobu_Yoruichi doesn't campaign this round either, I might vote against OP if the campaign for FnA is as strong this time.

I didn't nominate it this year, after all. :invalid
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,084
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Farfalla sorry to answer this that late, so regarding HxH art, actually @Arjuna was partly wrong, its true, that art is unconsistent especially in magazine chapters that are sometimes sketched and looks unfinished (but i saw the same for some Mha and BC chaps) but volumes are redrawn before being published.

here some exemple of volume pages vs mag chapters :






but otherwise art is great (imo) everything i posted in the match vs gon minus art stuff, are actual manga pages :







Regarding anime yes you definitely can watch 2011 version, my fave anime ever (1999 is not bad but has some fillers that are ruining somehow especially 1st arc) 2011 is faithful except its slightly less dark than the manga (at least the 1st arc) because of the colors and stuff (mildly censored) you may think it starts like usual shonen (which is nothing wrong btw ) but actully 1st arcs are hinting a lot what people calls "deconstruction of some of the usual shonen tropes" that coming later hxh is a shonen more in the jojo or snk side with complex characters whom actions /choices might be questioned somehow and theres a lot of details and foreshadowings. like this for instance :
















Regarding amount of text, hxh has always had some some more or less amount of text even sometimes in the beginning, but the tendency tend to increase alot lately, but its also due to the complexity of "nen" system (hxh power system that will be introduced later)
thats from volume 1 :





@Brandish i laughed when i saw this :teehee could it be some kind of reference :errr ?



sorry for the offtopic , yeah im hopeless to the point of still trying to promote my baby :arf














 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Welp, 20CB and Gon are out :emocat

Thanks for supporting 20CB anyway, guys. I really appreciate it :^_^

And congrats @revo! Good luck in the next round! And beat the hell out of FT for me.
:confetti
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States


Congratulations @Sky *monotone*

You really ran a great campaign and are worthy of this victory. *sarcasm*

Thanks you to everybody who supported Edens Zero!

Honestly didn't expect a manga with 14 chapters to clear the first round but we beat the odds. To come up against Fairy Tail in round 2 was a tough break otherwise we could have taken it even further. Maybe next year.:^_^
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would also like to extend my congratulations to @Sky for winning the last round.

Also, @Jammin deserves some major credit for producing a highly recognized campaign (earned 18 votes for Edens Zero).

Regardless, Fairy Tail prevailed (as always...), and I must say that I'm quite satisfied with that outcome. I was surprised myself to see that many people voted for FT after the campaigning effort from the other side.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
I would also like to extend my congratulations to @Sky for winning the last round.

Also, @Jammin deserves some major credit for producing a highly recognized campaign (earned 18 votes for Edens Zero).

Regardless, Fairy Tail prevailed (as always...), and I must say that I'm quite satisfied with that outcome. I was surprised myself to see that many people voted for FT after the campaigning effort from the other side.
Same here. I am shock that DB, OP, and NS didn't advance, but FT continue to win lol. Guess those can no longer complain on fanbases or FT got no support as like I said, there are more lovers than haters to the series end of the day like it or not.
 

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell


Congratulations @Sky *monotone*

You really ran a great campaign and are worthy of this victory. *sarcasm*

Thanks you to everybody who supported Edens Zero!

Honestly didn't expect a manga with 14 chapters to clear the first round but we beat the odds. To come up against Fairy Tail in round 2 was a tough break otherwise we could have taken it even further. Maybe next year.:^_^
Do not worry my friend, the "Mashima Special" will make a comeback next year, stronger than ever :3c the idea is still alive
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do not worry my friend, the "Mashima Special" will make a comeback next year, stronger than ever :3c the idea is still alive
It's not an idea. It's an ideal.

And one day. One day we shall see that dream become a reality. Where we witness the down of our utopia and all Mashima haters are drown in a sea of rage and vitriol.
 
Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina


Wait, what? Neverland won?
I have to say, I was already prepared to lose, I saw it coming but I'm completely surprised. And for just one vote...You gave me such a great competition @Elusia, your campaigns were the best and I'll definetly going to read 20CB now , great round!!!!
Thank you so much to everyone who voted for Neverland, especially to @Erinyes and @niichan for campaign too. I'm glad this series is still well appreciated as it deserves :blush
I'm so happy that Kimetsu no Yaiba, Made in Abbys and Berserk keep winning. @Jammin let's just wait to Edens to have more chapters and it will raze every other series next year. Let's see if you still will have my support @Emperor Spriggan good luck with your campaign :rolleyes:. Fumetsu completely deserved that victory against OP, I'm happy it won. Now my feelings will be contradicted because it will fight against Kimetsu.

So my next rival is Fairy Tail. This used to be my favorite manga, even more than Neverland or NnT are now.
God...this is going to be like fighting against an ex husband.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Wow @Ripper 30 such a hard fight you came so close to victory.Thanks all of those who supported Berserk,please continue to support it.

Also @revo my support is with you in this round.


Also @Elusia sad though 20Th CB out


Same here. I am shock that DB, OP, and NS didn't advance, but FT continue to win lol. Guess those can no longer complain on fanbases or FT got no support as like I said, there are more lovers than haters to the series end of the day like it or not.
What do you expect?The nominator of OP himself said he doesn't give crap to OP anymore.So yeah.:lambirb
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would like to rationalize the insane actions of those who voted against Edens Zero and for Death Note and bring some semblence of reasons to the madness. But I cannot.

All I can offer is the happiest song ever made by mankind to offset this tragedy.

 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I probably lost. Had a busy weekend and couldn't campaign early.

Oh well, join us in the Kimestsu no Yaiba thread!
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I probably lost. Had a busy weekend and couldn't campaign early.

Oh well, join us in the Kimestsu no Yaiba thread!
You won and hopefully this brings more people into our thread.


Ladies and Gentlemen do read this manga,it's a masterpiece.
 
Last edited:
Top