The Golden Witch英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
- Oct 2, 2016
- Reaction score
MangaHelpers Fall Art Contest - Halloween Freestyle
Hi everyone! Welcome to the annual fall contest! As we are close to that one spooky day of the year, the theme this time is Halloween!
You can create anything you like, with any medium you like
Whether its writing a story, creating a set, maybe a drawing, or perhaps even something like music or photography.
Just make sure it fits the theme
Feel free to get creative!
The deadline for this contest is November 2nd, 23.00 GMT
What do I need to know?
- All members are welcome to join the contest. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to participate.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE ENTRY and it should be a new piece. So don’t try to be smart and enter a piece used in past contests.
- Use MangaHelpers’ Media Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know.
- Submissions not following the weeks theme will result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it here.
- For any submission that is a picture (avatar&signature set, photography, banner, badge): Use MangaHelpers’ Media Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know. You must credit the artist of the stock images you’re using (see example below). This goes from renders to brushes and textures. If it’s all original art, write so in the credits.
- For avatar and signature set: Forum Rules are applied unless stated otherwise. That means your signature must not exceed 600 x 200px and 500KB. For avatars, the maximum size is 150 x 300px and 100KB.
- For banner: The image size is 1200 x 120px. MangaHelpers Community logo must be in it (you can use this PSD file).
- For drawing: Drawings can be done on paper or computer. You must credit the artist of any images you use as inspiration. If it’s all original art, write so in the credits.
- For photography: Color corrections and native camera filters can be used, but no excessive manipulation in Photoshop and similar softwares.
- For badge: The dimensions for forum badges is 28 x 28px
- For video: upload your video to a site that supports, e.g: YouTube, Twitter, etc and link it to this thread
- For Writing: Maximum text length is 50 lines or 3000 characters (with space)
- No excessive, suggestive, spoiler, or porn-related imagery in the contest.
- Plagiarizing will result in immediate disqualification from this contest and possibly future contests also. Leadership point deductions, loss of artist status and badges, and/or account bans may also occur.
Submission is open until October 28th, at 23:00 (GMT)
How do I upload and submit my entry?
- For avatar & signature set, photography, banner, drawing and badge: Go HERE. (07- Sets & Wallpapers Contest). For drawing: Go 01- Fanart: Coloring & Drawing Contest. For photography: Go 05- Photos & Videos Contest.
- Click the "Upload Image" button.
- After upload is completed, you'll be shown your uploaded image with an edit box for commentary/additional information. After adding necessary information you wish, click "Save Media" and you'll be brought to the sharing media page.
- Choose the "Share BB Code" and post within this thread; choosing this will save you having to select any additional codes you want to post here.
- For more information on how to use the media gallery and uploading, go HERE.
"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name" (Large size thumbnail - upload image to image gallery.) "Comments" "Credits"
- Voting will commence after submission period is over, that is October 28th, at 23:00 (GMT).
- Announcement of winners, next contest dates and theme will be done soon after the voting period is over.
Good Luck, Everyone!