Final - Marian Cross vs. Roronoa Zoro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Marian Cross vs. Roronoa Zoro

Who wins?

• Marian Cross

• Roronoa Zoro

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st of all, congrats for making it that far, and wish you best luck @Brandish μ ! :zomg

Huge thanks to everyone who voted Marian so far, it's very much appreciated, :blush please keep supporting him, onegai !!

Previous rounds history

Menu

Marian cooking for Allen - chap 206

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
ZORO IS IN THE FINALS !!!!!! THIS IS UNHOPED FOR !!!!! GO HUSBYYYY

But at the same time, no more Marian next year...giving Erinyes the victory she's desperate for...hm. That needs reflexion.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
This requires a great deal of consideration...

One one hand we can finally purge the forum of Marian and free @Erinyes of her thirst for him...

On the other hand there are threats in my DM demanding I vote Zoro or else... 🤔

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Zoro definitely seems like a very manly man, that's very husbando material. Marian is one interesting redhead. Decisions decisions, aaaaaah

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Manly badass sexy righteous loyal kind strong understanding killer-smile man

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hey, isn't Marian kinda similar to Sanji?!! :stare

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Pretty shabby effort from me thus far so I will spam Zoro'ness for the remaining days. Feats, pics, greatness etc. You can check my previous campaigns if you want to.

Very happy that Zoro has made it this far.

and wish you best luck @Brandish μ ! :zomg
Same to you.

Although I must say, how ironic. I know you like Zoro a lot, and you're currently hosting a Top 10 Most Badass Mens game where my man should go close to winning. What timing :teehee

ZORO IS IN THE FINALS !!!!!! THIS IS UNHOPED FOR !!!!! GO HUSBYYYY
We are truly blessed 🙏

This requires a great deal of consideration...

One one hand we can finally purge the forum of Marian and free @Erinyes of her thirst for him...

On the other hand there are threats in my DM demanding I vote Zoro or else... 🤔
Hey, it wouldn't be a Husbando Wars if Erin did not nominate Marian. Keep the tradition going :nod

Thank you again @revo :worship2

Hey, isn't Marian kinda similar to Sanji?!! :stare
Hmm, the hair over the eye, the cigarette, the cooking, not bad. I doubt Marian fails with the ladies like Sanji though :teehee

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Although I must say, how ironic. I know you like Zoro a lot, and you're currently hosting a Top 10 Most Badass Mens game where my man should go close to winning. What timing :teehee
Stop making things even more complicated ! :arf :handgun
What about you let Marian win this, I m sure if you know him you'd love him equally or maybe more than Zoro ! :teehee ( or maybe not, he has really very little screen time :( but i think it's the kind of character you would love.)
Joke aside, yup I like Zoro a lot and he got really pretty moments lately. I probably would be fine if he wins, but I will never give up on my Marian !

I have'nt got time yet to get into the campaign properly I started a draft a couple of days ago, but haven't time to complete it yet, please wait before voting, and please, give a chance to Marian ! Zoro is surely a pretty and badass man, but Marian is even more in every way. I' ll be back with something, I wont promise you a big campaign but just the things you need to know before casting your vote.

Hey, it wouldn't be a Husbando Wars if Erin did not nominate Marian. Keep the tradition going
Traditions are cool but I want the whole world to recognize my husbando greatness, I would be happy History could eventually crown him as he deserves

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Please deny this @Erinyes
He s not a harasser at all, would I nominate a harrasser ? He's a gentleman, a man among the men, an excellent cook too. :nod
I have started to write something about how women are attracted to/falling for him, ( similarly to Zoro , actually lol) it's part of the campaign post coming Asap.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's okay Erin, we'll have Zoro win this one, and then Marian will always be a part of this event. Always. Zoro belongs in the Hall of Fame :nod

--

Some cool clips of Zoro from the anime:

(he can bite me :hurr )

And this was in my 'suggested for you' clips on YouTube :lmao ❤

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Why do I have to fight you, you re even more stubborn than me :arf ? Yare yare !

wait lets do the other way ! you let Marian win, so next year Zoro shall win, we will even celebrate his wedding with "insert name" ( perona, hiyori, tashigi) Ill promise Ill make some great slideshow for the campaign :teehee i ll make sure to make the forum paint green, but for now, let that experienced red babe win it. Let's let your green fuit ripe one more year ! :teehee

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I just realize I have almost no time left, I didnt check the deadline ! :gwah

Marian is a character who has flaws, I mentioned it several times, I prefer flawed characters, perfection is boring. Flawed characters are the most fleshed out, complex, and relatable. But it doesn’t matter since he has redeemable qualities.​
What’s makes him a likable character is his demeanor, his personality. He’s the guy who questions a lot, even authority. He’s kind, pleasant, and he hides his caring side and tends to show maybe a distant/colder side of himself. He’s a proud, mysterious, but also empathetic man, probably somehow sensitive or vulnerable, compassionate and gentle too, we can see this side of him especially when he took care/raised of Allen. He is a man of knowledge, and despite acting tough, he’s a good-hearted guy, who took care of a child who’s not even his, he mentored Allen and developed eventually a father-child relationship with him.​

People think Marian is not enough good because they think he is a womanizer, Hoshino said: “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”. Indeed he is a naturally gallant man but, but people misinterpreted her words and the anime added fillers that are not in the manga and don’t fit with what he is. What Oshino said means likely, he has a soft spot for women who have certain human qualities he seeks, like kindness, goodness, sensitiveness, etc, he is not talking about appearances or wealth. But, people overlook the second part of Oshino sentence which is related to the 1st, he “dislikes dirty bastards”, which means, obviously he hates men who disrespect good women and treat them ill.​
We don't see Marian a lot in the manga, nor we know a lot about him, but we know he is being a kind of magnet for women, they are effortlessly attracted by him, and it probably has to do with his natural charisma and his qualities. He's not the one who chase after women but it's the other way, actually.
Let's talk a little about the gorgeous Anita, his sole love interest known in the manga, she went to such lengths to the point of sacrificing her own life for his sake, which proves how much he deserves her love and dedication. Marian was truly upset when he knew which proves how much he cares.​

So to summarize Marian is an amazing, clever, strong, and protective man and a great mentor. He's caring, gentle, he can cook, do the housework, raise a child. He's funny, courteous, and well mannered especially when it comes to ladies, and last but not least, he's hot and manly.

I hope people will get more to know him and will appreciate him more. Please support him for this last battle! <3

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hmm, Marion does seem like a good fellow. No denying that.

Zoro's character is different, mainly defined by strength and perseverance. He's a young stud, the time for his soul to settle down is in his future.

Our future ❤

I'll probably do a more reflective post on him later in the final, for now some quick pics.

Handsome, sexy :hurr

And another god tier moment in Zoro's life:

Zoro vs Sanji :XD

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hmm, Marion does seem like a good fellow. No denying that.
He is :nod trust me ! :zomg

Zoro's character is different, mainly defined by strength and perseverance
Not so different actually. Marian is probably the stronger in DGM universe and the biggest fear. To give a comparison, he would be in Op a shanks/mihawk level guy, someone Zoro needs to surpass :arf

You sure chose great art ! Sorry I won't have time to write/campaign back, I wish you all the best for the results ! :nod

Status
Not open for further replies.