Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair said:
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Rogers-Daniel-Knauf/dp/0785122990/sr=1-138/qid=1169236269/ref=sr_1_138/102-8842526-0637726?ie=UTF8&s=books

AUGH.

It's been speculated. But noooo. Nooo.. Nooo. I don't want to think anymore.

[edit]

I don't want to read further, but I can't help but click on random spoilers D:

:faint
No. F'N. Way. That is the lamest thing to happen in ages. Why the hell would it happen?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^Don't worry. You don't have to believe that. I'm still hoping that was just a fakie put it by Marvel people. XD

[edit]

Actually, look at hte pic careful. Doesn't it look fake? o.o Or am I jsut hoping? :s
ARGH!

:spaz

I cannot wait to read Civil War aftermaths. :spaz :spaz

Check the spoiler pics. Mighty Avengers clashing with New Avengers (course, we all knew that was gonna happen), and amazingly drawn as well. :spaz And the idea for the new Avengers headquarters <3
[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 12:05:51 PM_________________________________________________Glory be! :o

Leinil Yu is a filipino! That's new to me :nuts ZOMG. I'm feeling even more giddy now. :spaz
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

That team sucks.

If they wanted to remake the avengers into a cool ANTI TONY STARK unit, they should have included Deadpool (since Cable is now on Rogues team, he needs a team), Hulk (to counter Sentry) or Namor (who has been known to defeat the Hulk), and not 5 characters that fit into the "ninja" category.. they should really try to spread the skills of the team apart more. Ghost rider would have been a nice addition, and given him publicity for the movie. And Thor since I assume he's coming back after Civil War to counter Ares..

If the Iron man = Cap is true, I am happy, I really think it will give Steve an incredible personality boost, which I've always found was his low point. He's like a violent boy scout, which is an oxymoron of oxymorons, but as (the invincible *rollesyes*) Iron man, his entire viewpoint on the universe will change.[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 04:13:34 PM_________________________________________________Ok if this poster is any indication of the future http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/newavengers/meet/NEWAVN029_lo.jpg
Either Pete gets the Symbiote back or.. they're really downplaying Sentry/He'll refuse to fight his "friends"[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 04:36:09 PM_________________________________________________Also where exactly is Echo in all these pictures? I keep seeing Ronin but not Echo.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Leinil Yu is a filipino! That's new to me :nuts ZOMG. I'm feeling even more giddy now. :spaz
I'm surprised you didnt know that, DZ. There are also Carlo Pagulayan and Efren Anacleto -- whom is also a trained dentist. And if i'm not mistaken the Luna Brothers (Jonathan and Joshua), creators of GIRLS and ULTRA, is also of Filipino descendant. And of course, Whilce Portacio :D

refii said:
Also where exactly is Echo in all these pictures? I keep seeing Ronin but not Echo.
Maybe Echo is only using Ronin as a cover identity.[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 06:11:16 AM_________________________________________________
Tony Stark as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.? What's next, Spider-Man is Peter Parker after all? Oh wait, we already knew that. What's gonna happen to Maria Hill?
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Posted on: January 20, 2007, 06:11:16 AM_________________________________________________
Tony Stark as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.? What's next, Spider-Man is Peter Parker after all? Oh wait, we already knew that. What's gonna happen to Maria Hill?
Hahaha nice, maybe Ben is back :p
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

refii said:
Ok if this poster is any indication of the future http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/newavengers/meet/NEWAVN029_lo.jpg
Either Pete gets the Symbiote back or.. they're really downplaying Sentry/He'll refuse to fight his "friends"[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 04:36:09 PM_________________________________________________Also where exactly is Echo in all these pictures? I keep seeing Ronin but not Echo.
There's alot of New Avengers pic with Pete in his black costume. And, I really believe that it's proof either MJ or Aunt May will really die :s Bendis keeps mentioning that the black suit has something to do with a mourning Peter. :s

(danngit)

As for Echo, I remember they said someone will definitely take over Ronin, and it's not Echo. :s So it's probably...a new character? Or *shrug*...MJ 'dies' and she takes over the Ronin suit. :rofl

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
I'm surprised you didnt know that, DZ. There are also Carlo Pagulayan and Efren Anacleto -- whom is also a trained dentist. And if i'm not mistaken the Luna Brothers (Jonathan and Joshua), creators of GIRLS and ULTRA, is also of Filipino descendant. And of course, Whilce Portacio :D
Yeah, I knew about Whilce Portacio, and Pagulayan (saw him on dA XD). And alot more on dA that I stumbled upon. But I never figured Yu was one. XD Must've been his last name that threw me off the idea. XD I saw his pic and was sure he was filipino, so I checked. XDDD

[br]Posted on: January 20, 2007, 06:11:16 AM_________________________________________________
Tony Stark as Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.? What's next, Spider-Man is Peter Parker after all? Oh wait, we already knew that. What's gonna happen to Maria Hill?
T_T

I don't want them to put Maria Hill aside. Please God, no. T_T I've come to hate her with passion, that it's just not fair to not see her in any of the books. T_T

refii said:
Hahaha nice, maybe Ben is back :p
XD
 

Siru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah, I've been hearing on other forums they're saying MJ or Aunt May dies too though that seems to be the easiest answer. =O That'd suck to lose your last relative if it was Aunt May.

Anyone here a fan of "The New Teen Titans?"*(First series of the Titans)
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I used to like it until I got to the part where:

The wonder girl started making out with Superboy, and then Superboy died. Why do they keep these stupid stereotypes alive in DC? Why couldn't Impulse, who was now the smartest member of the team, faster than the Flash and powerful enough to kill Superboy Prime get her as a girlfriend, and lead the team for once?
[br]Posted on: January 22, 2007, 09:00:08 PM_________________________________________________Loved the new Wolverine.
I really enjoyed the commentary on Ult Hulk vs Wolverine ^^

Unfortunately, their promise of "only one of them will make it out of this fight" is false.. I'm fairly certain one will just die and come back by healing factor. I mean Wolverine came back from a nuke more or less.. and his healing ability is supposed to be weak because of the Admantium poisoning yet he still regenerated from a single cell.

I hope they dont step over anybody's toes by making some kind of Lupine vs Feline war that resembles Underworld (the movie) to explain Sabretooth and Wolverine's hatred for each other..
And that they don't make him as old as Cro-magnum man even though origin said he's only 100'ish.. -_-
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Siru said:
Anyone here a fan of "The New Teen Titans?"*(First series of the Titans)
I am. Actually "The New Teen Titans" is the second series. The first series is "Teen Titans", just like the current run. I was a bit disappointed when they made Kyle Rayner joins the Teen Titans but the i like the current run, though
they killed Superboy.

refii said:
I used to like it until I got to the part where:

The wonder girl started making out with Superboy, and then Superboy died. Why do they keep these stupid stereotypes alive in DC? Why couldn't Impulse, who was now the smartest member of the team, faster than the Flash and powerful enough to kill Superboy Prime get her as a girlfriend, and lead the team for once?
That's the current Teen Titans series. But I was a bit surprised when
Bart came back from the Speed Force wearing Barry's suit. I think the reason why Bart dont have Wonder Girl as his girlfriend is because he's currently coming to terms with his new powers.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

The Flash's never date supers or metahumans. There wouldn't be much protecting to do if your girlfriend is stonger then you =P
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

W/e he downloaded a damn library, he controls the speedforce, and he beat a superman; at the very least he should get a chance to lead them. I'm tired of the 7th Robin boy wonder being the leader!

I can't believe I'm the only one who feels this way. Nightwing is cool and all, and he has an awesome series, but all these Robin's are starting to annoy me.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Now that our spolier discussion has become a discussion about which teen titan is the best to lead I feel that its ok to get out of spoilers but if I'm wrong someone add for me ^^;

Impulse has always shown fear way to often and Robin's have always had the fearless quality to lead. Though perosnally I can't remember any Robin besides the original Dick (who's now Nightwing) and Jason who came back in the coolest way
as Red Hood

If anyone I'd think that one of the mainstays should lead, such as Beastboy or Cyborg but now I'm messing up my continuity... >,<

I actually pefered Red as the teen titans leader since he would actually put kids in there places xD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

A sad news for SeinenRated-M readers everywhere. DC Comics has cancelled the boys from being published under WildStorm. Garth Ennis and Darrick Robertson have been asked to continue the title in another publisher. DC even let Robertson who have an exclusive contract, to work on the title.

And an update on the news: The Boys #7 and the trade that collects issue #1-#6 will be published by Dinamyte Entertainment, along with #7 and the rest of the series. :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Seriously, SERIOUSLY (and I apologize if I'm being a dick) but can we PLEASE stop using Rapidshare. Having to wait 45 minutes or w/e is ridiculous.
 

Kyuzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
140
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

refii said:
Seriously, SERIOUSLY (and I apologize if I'm being a dick) but can we PLEASE stop using Rapidshare. Having to wait 45 minutes or w/e is ridiculous.
agreed.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Anyway, just read Illuminati 2
Awesome issue, I sooo hope somehow the Hulk smashes all six of them and uses the crystals to become Maestro or something XD

And wtf was up with Xavier in that last frame??? What is this the O.C.?? What's with all the teen drama.
-"Im glad you werent taken in by the gloves power"
-"heheh.. yea *tear*"
-"... Dude.. I know you're lying. Like you're tottally off my buddy list, we're not BFF's forever anymore."

Silent war 2
AWESOME, I love that Quicksilver is now one with the non-government mist. I need to find old Inhumans issues!!! Can someone help me find them?

Also the little girl is awesome, but I feel so bad that no one likes her.

However, one HUGE downpoint was Sentry.. I mean GTFO you create a god-damn superman character for the mere purpose of f$TW@#$%@ replacing EVERY damn superhero in Marvel in order to stand up to Blackbolt??? F#@%# Send Thor (oh right, you let him die and cloned him.. I don't think he'll go), send Namor (Oh right... despite being a WWII hero for your side, you alienated him during Civil War..), send She-Hulk/Ms Marvel (she can absorb waves.. maybe)/Dr Strange/ANYONE I mean... wtf?

This Sentry business is starting to drag. I was fine with him being a side-character, because YES granted he's not a terrible character, and he has decent potential for a team-setup. BUT DON'T F$^$@ move him into the center of the attention. If he becomes a main Marvel character, wtf do we need:
Captain America, Iron Man, Wolverine, Spiderman, THOR, Hulk, Hercules, for anymore? He's superfast, may as well let him take care of all of NY, Superman does it for the whole world, you're telling me Sentry can't?
I mean the doublestandard they're trying to pull is just depressing, they want him to be a main character, but they dont want to get rid of the classic heroes. You can't have both![/rant]
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Avengers Illuminati is getting exciting. A very interesting read. I guess the teen drama is being rushed so it might seem... O.C. like to some. But what ever, I'm hooked.

So any predictions for how they are going to revive Thor? He's sort of a essential character and being a God I doubt he can really just... die. Hopefully he'll come back in a non cheesy manner like alternate universe.
 

exo15

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

i mean.. Spider-man With the CLones and Scarlet Spider...
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Wait.. what?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

refii said:
Wait.. what?
exo15 is referring to his request.

Well, keep crossing your finger, exo15. Maybe someone will turn up with a link for that one. :D
And yes, it is Spider-Man: Identity Crisis.
 
Top