Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

^I think it has. From what I remember, Runaways are pairing off with another group in the Civil War, or something. Someone correct me if I'm wreong. I think hey were the New Avengers?[br]Posted on: December 13, 2006, 01:00:18 PM_________________________________________________Ichi, thanks for the link! I totally fogot about the whole e-mail thing. XD I tried sending a reply by PM but something's wrong with my send reply, so its not working. o.O Thanks again!
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Yes, it was the New Avengers in a Civil War tie-in story, the Runaways met the New Avengers.[br]Posted on: December 13, 2006, 01:19:13 PM_________________________________________________Ur welcome, Dragonzair. Sorry it took so long.
 

okyatoks

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: American Comics Thread!

Hey, here's a nice site for all of you who are collecting US Comics.

http://www.bdcomics.net/
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Thread!

Actually I included all the civil war tie ins, and most current chapter in the V2 download, so you don't even have to look for them. Glad others find this comic interesting, I thought maybe it was just the exhaustion of finals week that got me to feel like this comic was awesome.

So on that site there's a Batman Grendel.. I have to check it out, Grendel was my favorite book growing up.
Well, I have no clue who Hunter Rose is, and what his story was about, so that made no sense to me.. w/e didn't seem that thrilling anyway. Batmans too resistant to pain.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: American Comics Thread!

refii, thanks for uploading Runaways v1!

DZ, you read Marvel Zombies? Bwahahaa. Zindryr introduced me to that one. Strangest Marvel series I've ever read, but it was oh so worth the read. Probably the best 'alternative universe' stuff I've ever read.

Anyway I found out the nearest comic shop here is pretty great, I got some old Spectacular Spider-Man, the first three issues of New Mutants, and some other oldies.

I also purchased issues 1 to 3 of the latest Justice League of America series, which is so far a great read. Great art and good story so far. It's the only "new book" I'm waiting for these days.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

I agree with GK. JLA is a great title to read. I really like the current Red Tornado story and the art is just great!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: American Comics Thread!

Some quick thoughts on Runaways: very cool concept, but I really wish they had gotten a better artist. It would have made it sooo much better. I've only read the first five issues so far, though.

Oh good, another JLA reader here. Yeah, the Red Tornado storyline is definitely intriguing and the art is amazing. I had never heard of Ed Benes before either, but I'll have to remember his name, he's doing some very fine work on this series.

I'm thinking about picking up Moon Knight too, on Venom's recommendation. It's another new book.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, Ed Benes is great. He did Superman in Action Comics and Supergirl. And his inker is usually his wife, Mariah Benes. Kinda like Frank Miller & Linn Varley's collaboration.
What a great way to make a living, drawing/writing comics with your wife!

Moon Knight is great. The art by David Finch is breathtaking. last one i download read was #6.

I also like The Boys (WildStorm). Written by Garth Ennis. It's very.... Garth Ennis.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Nyah! I jsut read Sentinels Squad O*N*E. Quite interesting to see the people behind those gigantic robots. Lexington rocks. XD

Anywho, anyone's got a rec for me? Something similar to Fables. :wtf
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Have you read Powers? I love it the first time I read it. The first volume is under Image Comics. The 2nd one is under Marvel, since both writer and artist (Bendis and Oeming) moved there. It's kinda like Shields (tv show), only with superheroes and no Michael Chiklis. Though personally, I think Bendis looks a lot like Chiklis...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: American Comics Thread!

I read some of Powers. I wish I had continued, it was interesting.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Nyah! I jsut read Sentinels Squad O*N*E. Quite interesting to see the people behind those gigantic robots. Lexington rocks. XD
Do you read the previous minis? They are nice.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

o.O

Previous minis? I've read the one with 5 issues. o.o; I didn't know there were more?
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

I mean this. I loved the first half of the first mini, then it wasn't so good.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Ahh! XD That one! XD I was actually talking about the O*N*E Sentinels that took over the Xavier Mansion after Decimation. But I've read that too. I have the first volume at least.

It's quite good. Haven't read the next one yet.[br]Posted on: December 20, 2006, 09:01:13 AM_________________________________________________Was talking about this.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Ahh! XD That one! XD I was actually talking about the O*N*E Sentinels that took over the Xavier Mansion after Decimation. But I've read that too. I have the first volume at least.

It's quite good. Haven't read the next one yet.[br]Posted on: December 20, 2006, 09:01:13 AM_________________________________________________Was talking about this.
I only read the mini "Sentinel Squad One", did they have thei own serie?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

I think what I read was that mini you're talking about.XD Basically an introduction to the Squad member,s like Lexington and the rest.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I have a request if someone could help me.

IGN did some kind of either preview or review for a new Marvel (I'm 90% sure it was Marvel) comic with a superhero that controlled fire. They claimed the writing was excellent and the art was good too.

The only distinguishing features of the story were that the hero's power is actually burning himself and it hurts him, so its like Johnny Storm but with depth. Or something along those lines.

If someone could help me find it, I would greatly appreciate it, I planned on checking it out, but never got a chance.[br]Posted on: December 24, 2006, 02:05:19 AM_________________________________________________There aren't too many issues of it either, I remember it was a feature for issue 2 and that was like a month ago or so.[br]Posted on: December 24, 2006, 02:06:05 AM_________________________________________________Oh and I need issue 54 of Fables if someone has it, I downloaded 2 but they're both broken!
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

refii said:
[br]Posted on: December 24, 2006, 02:06:05 AM_________________________________________________Oh and I need issue 54 of Fables if someone has it, I downloaded 2 but they're both broken!
Try this link, but I'm not sure the link is still working.

Fixed your link, and the link works. -- Ichi
 
Top