Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

*cracks up too much* Yeah. She may have a thing for Peters. XD

And yeah. I didn't like the whole SpideyxShadowcat thing either (yep, read Astonishing, and enjoyed those moments with Kitty and Piotr) XD Felicia Hardy is? o.O

One of the X-Men (cmiiw, Storm) said every girl is attracted to Angel, every girl and Piotr.
It was weird, but I have to admit, it got a crack of laughter from me. XD [br]Posted on: December 05, 2006, 11:25:22 AM_________________________________________________ZOMG.

I jsut read the summaries of the upcoming New X Men issues, and it seems to be a four part series about X 23! ME SO HAPPY! I can't wait. <3
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair said:
And yeah. I didn't like the whole SpideyxShadowcat thing either (yep, read Astonishing, and enjoyed those moments with Kitty and Piotr) XD Felicia Hardy is? o.O

I jsut read the summaries of the upcoming New X Men issues, and it seems to be a four part series about X 23! ME SO HAPPY! I can't wait. <3
Felicia Hardy is Black Cat. Peter Parker had a thing going on with her back in the early 90's.
X 23 is my favourite character in New X-Men, besides Santo. Laura is like Wolverine's little sister replacing Jubilee. Do you think X 23 got a thing for Hellion? I also like Wither and it's a shame that hes' running away from the school. He should've been Rogue's student.
I think this discussion should be in the X-Men thread. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Felicia Hardy is Black Cat. Peter Parker had a thing going on with her back in the early 90's.
Ahh. I know Black Cat. XD Just never knew her name. :p

And you're right. XD Off to the other thread. XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

I just read Girl #19. And i just realized that Girls (by the Luna Brothers) is just like Shadowpact #1-#5, only with naked chicks, angry housewives, more surprises, and no talking chimp. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Anyone got links to Fables' 'A Wolf in the Fold'? It's a prose story right? So it can be typed up? Or am I just confuzzling myself? o.O

And...are the 56-59 issues already out?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

I havent got that one too. I'll post it here if i find it.

AFAIK, the last issue released is #55. You might also wanna read <i>Jack of the Fables</i>, it's currently up to #5. A spin-off about what happened after Jack left Fabletown.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

^Yep. Luckas gave me the links to 'em. :D

And daaamn. So whatever was written in Wiki were jsut the things to come. XD I haerd the next one has something to do with Santa. I think.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Yeah, probably from solicitation list. But i can't wait to read the next one. I was quite surprised to see a certain former wooden puppet explaining in detail about
how Fabletown will overrun the Empire.

Anyway, do you read Invincible & Walking Dead?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

So was I. I almost thought it was actually happenening as I read, then I saw Pinnochio's comments and stuff. XD

And no, I haven't yet. What's it about?[br]Posted on: December 07, 2006, 11:57:38 AM_________________________________________________Aaannd. Another request. >_>;

House of M issues. :p I have the last one, but I have yet to read #1-7. Which reminds me. The covers are pretty. XD I'm so proud of myself for finding that last issue in the Philippines. XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Hmm... I got almost all the HoM and related titles in my collection. I'll try to upload them for you. Might take a while, the connection here is just annoying, I've been trying to download Bleach 242 and keep failing due to connection lost.

Invincible is about a high school student with superpowers sorta like Superman, thanks to his alien dad. It's good read, the story's light but interesting.

Walking Dead is about a zombie plague in America and the humans left defending themselves from those zombies.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Take your time uploading 'em. I don't mind. XD

Invincible sounds alright, Walking Dead sounds cooler though. :D I might try that. XD Which reminds me. Marvel Zombies looks interesting. Is it good enough to read?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Marvel Zombies is great! The art is good and the story's funny. Can you believe that? A funny zombie story. And the ending is very unexpected. I think Marvel's gonna make a second mini out of it or was it an ongoing, i forgot :D

By the way, HoM cover is done by Oliver Coipel. He'll be doing a Thor monthly starting next year.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

I loved the marvel's zombie story. It's connected to the Ultimates univers I think because the mini was actually based of a ultimate fantastic four storyline. So I'm actually looking forward to the zombies coming back to the Ultimateverse.

I'm loving the supremes vs. Ultimates fight currently. Though I don't know to much about the supremes to understand whats going on.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Yup. Ultimate Zombies is the result of Reed Richards interdimensional travel device thingy.

I'm also at lost with the Supreme Power line (published in Marvel Max line). Mostly since i was not that interested with the whole story and origins. And the tie-ins leading to Supreme Power #1 is just too much and is not as good as DC's Seven Soldiers.

But the art on Ultimate Power is awesome, courtesy of Greg Land and ink by Matt Ryan. Combined with JMS and Bendis writing, it's worth the read. Let's just hope Bendis wont kill anyone this time.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

A'ight then. ^_^ I'm convinced.

I'll go ahead and look for some Marvel Zombies issues around the net. I think I found a few on torrents.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair said:
A'ight then. ^_^ I'm convinced.

I'll go ahead and look for some Marvel Zombies issues around the net. I think I found a few on torrents.
Ichimaru_gin_n_tonic already uploaded them on TurboUpload, maybe they didn't expired.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Woop! Thanks for letting me know. ^_^

*browses through the thread*
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

I did? Really?! When?!! Well, if it's not there. i'll upload it along with HoM.
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: American Comics Thread!

I was wodering, the same way we find manga online, do you guys know any websites to find American comics online?
 
Top