Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: American Comics Thread!

Thanks a lot Dragonzair.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

@Kadodo: Try this site. It's very good.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Holy Hell.

I just read Marvel Zombies.

O________O;

That is the scariest thing I have ever read in a Marvel comic XDDDD The ending...the ending. D= Oh dear God, the ending. XD

That rocked. Thanks for the recc. XD
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

They should make it into a film. I sure they made the avengers...er "Ultimates" into an animated movie so I hope they eventually do the same with the Zombies. I know I'd buy it.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Thread!

I don't know if its the lack of sleep, or if I'm just sick, but I found the zombie comics very enjoyful.. and I'm actually kind of hungry now that I'm done reading them.
As for the gore, I think it was done tastefully, it wasn't overly gross gag effect, and it wasn't overly graphic, for example when they ate magneto it could have been a whole lot worst, but at least they only showed pieces of him, not the whole body.

Also, those 5 guys are going to be the strongest beings in the galaxy pretty soon, turn all DBZ on the marvel universe, and I don't see why they introduced the 616'ish heroes to ultimate FF4 universe the way they did, all it does is confuse me because it isn't even the actual 616 they used.
Lastly, that was a side of Hank Pym I hadn't seen before.. he was really nice to Pete.. despite Spidey's emo'ness and in all strangeness, I think it's because he's the only sick enough individual that in a situation like that could keep it together.. but it's also why we hate him so much in Civil War heheh.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

I don't know if its the lack of sleep, or if I'm just sick, but I found the zombie comics very enjoyful.. and I'm actually kind of hungry now that I'm done reading them.
As for the gore, I think it was done tastefully, it wasn't overly gross gag effect, and it wasn't overly graphic, for example when they ate magneto it could have been a whole lot worst, but at least they only showed pieces of him, not the whole body.
True, but I don't think they wanted to go too much on the graphics, since they published it under the normal Teen ratings, and not the mature reading. XD

Also, those 5 guys are going to be the strongest beings in the galaxy pretty soon, turn all DBZ on the marvel universe, and I don't see why they introduced the 616'ish heroes to ultimate FF4 universe the way they did, all it does is confuse me because it isn't even the actual 616 they used.
I've been wondering that throughout as well. I almost thought that they were the 616 counterparts, so I kept reading back and forth just to understand what happened. But I think a universe can have the exact same characters and designs, except for one thing that changes everything. Like that Zombie disease, or whatever that was.

And yeah. They totally went DBZ after eating Galactus. XD The earth is DOOMED.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Thread!

1 woman and 6 men are left to repopulate the world X_x too bad Hank Pym and Mr Fantastic are zombies and they can't clone a couple of women (like they did Thor) for humanity.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

...

1 woman and 6 men are left to repopulate the world X_x
That sounded so wrong. XD I was probably looking too hard at it. XD But yeah. I want to see what happens next so bad. :tem
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, everyone seems to be enjoying Marvel Zombies, that's great.
I had a big surprise yesterday. A friend of mine sent me Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall. She said she was walking past this comics store and decided to look inside, and she saw that book and she remembered that i love Fables. So, she bought me one and send it to me. On the card she said: You've probably downloaded this, but i know you'll go crazy over this one.
And she's right!

@Dragonzair: Sorry about my haven't posting the link to HoM. Turboupload kept killing my uploads. I'll try using another server.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

OMG. The actual book right in front of you?!

That is frikkin' awesome! I'd go insane if I see one in my hands! XD I wish there was a comic store here. I'd seriously go insane every day. XD

And it's alright! I don't mind the wait. :D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Yup. It arrived on Saturday and was delivered to my office. Right now it's sitting pretty on my shelf at home. I didnt even unwrap the plastic cover.

There's not a single comics store there? Well, at least it's available for download in another format. :D

It's currently uploading on rapidshare. Thanks for the patience.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

^There are book stores, with magazine stands. And only a few comics come. There's usually more DC comics here, like Batman and Superman. I think it's because they're really well known.

There's also Uncanny X Men (behind by three months) and X Men (which comes once in a while).

Ohh, and an advanced thank you :wtf
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, several years ago. After the inflation and the so-called economic crisis. The same thing happened here. There was only two comics store and their collection's behind by 3 months. After 2004, it gets better though. I hope there will be one opening soon near you.

By the way, do you mind if i send the link to your email instead? I'll be using yousendit.com, so the link will be sent to your email after it finished uploading.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

That sucks for you guys. I can go to one of big boys in comics in new york within half an hour. Midtown comics has sooooo many comics, i dont even know what to do. If you guys are ever in new york, head down there and you will see what a true comic shop is like.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Yup, that's what i heard from my friend. She lives in Brooklyn so i can only drool listening to how she described the store. She said, and i quote: "I'm a born-again fangirl!" And then she went on a rampage and bought every Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Birds of Prey.
There are several decent comic store here, but i dont think they can compare to what you can find there.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Thread!

All right, I've got a treat for you guys :amuse
Many of you have probably already read Runaways, but some of you like me, may have only skimmed some of the later chapters. As of 5am today (And I had finals today thank you very much, up since 11am yesterday, very high on coffee and chocolate/vanilla soy milk/wafers.) I r caught up; So I've decided to upload it for a friend since he's into comics, but since I'm uploading it anyway, it would be wasteful to not let others share in the basking glow that is the teeny bopper dramacumentary soap opera of Runaways.

Without further adieu:
Starts and beginnings, swim, swim swim thought the whale, flapping his.. flappers!
Runaways v 1

v 2 right here buddaaaaaaaayz
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

Sir, you are thy made of win.

*bows down in gratitude*
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair, did you get the link for HoM that I sent a few days ago?[br]Posted on: December 13, 2006, 12:28:37 PM_________________________________________________great upload, refii. I especially like Victor. If you think about it, he's Vision half brother.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

^Hell yeah, Victor ownz. I started getting tired of the other characters after they started revolting against other heroes. Plus, that cover...amde him so hot. :drool

Anywho, no not yet. You mean PM right?
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

Did Runaways vol 2 ended?
 
Top