Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair said:
...

Oh, why did I click the Iron Man spoilers? XD I'm getting it right now,a t this moment. Oh well. Screw you, Stark. XD
I thought i sent the link for Iron Man on MSN for you. I send it when the link was just posted. I was too sleepy to send a PM here. :D

juUnior said:
You know, I have a question, because i read spoilers, and I would like to know more :D

How it happend, that Batman could have or had the ring of Green Lantern? I queite dont read this titles, but I know who Batman is or Hal Jordan, but I don;'t get it how was it possible. Can someone tell me in short how was it possible? :D
Batman never have the Green Lantern Ring. A Green Lantern ring is bestowed upon an individual who can overcome great fear and Hal Jordan is the best man for it. In Green Lantern #17....
Batman was selected by the Sinestro Corps. Sinestro is a former member of the Green Lantern Corps. But he abused his power to enslaved his home planet. Long after his Green Lantern ring was removed, Sinestro made his own Corps. The member consists of individual from various sector of the universe who have the ability to instill great fear, in a simpler word. Sinestro Corps members are people (or alien lifeform) who can scare the living daylights out of you. And you must've know how scary Batman is.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

That was the worst black panther issue ever..
making light of issue 7, adding unnecessary comedy, creating scenes that never happened in civil war to tie in Ororo into the fight..

ugh
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I agree with refii. I thought Storm vs Thor scene is just a gimmick and Black Panther joining the fight is lame. The art's better, though, compared to #24. :D
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Er... wow. Now I see Black Panther as the "black power" comic that it is. Though my naive self saw that last scene as a chance for an actual storyline.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Captain's gonna die!!!! Yay for civil war redeeming itself after we all lost faith in marvel and it's too late for the story to actually make sense anymore anyway.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Fuck Joe Q O_O

...

Okay. All seriousness now. *takes a deep breathe*

It does make for a good storyline. I think Fallen Son will be very good. But...Iron Man for Acceptance? Now that's crap. He's probably the last person to deserve to be in that issue. I'm pissed!

I know Marvel will bring Cap back...but. I really hate waiting. Whatthe fuck is Avengers without Cap? T_T I'm not old enough to be one of those people who's read Avengers without Cap. So no.

Right now, I'm already tired of waiting for Jean to come back, but I thank God that I like all the current X titles. I can prbably say the same for New Avengers, but still. I CANNOT imagine them without CAP T_T

What the hell?! Is Marvel seriously trying to piss us off? Even if they say that Earth-616 was satisfied with who won the fight, in real life, it isn't! As in, we readers! UGH. Oly a handful of people didn't mind the end of Civil War.

And now they try to anger us again by killing of Steve Rogers.

And...

Initiative. They mentioned Captain America is alive and is being kept in the Raft. Yet all the interviews of the writers I've seen states Steve Rogers is dead. Holy Frick, what the firck!

Actually, if it was Winter Soldier as Cap, I wouldn't mind as hell. But why in the world is Iron Man holding Cap's shield in the last issue of Fallen Son >.> Oh please, no.

Okay. I ranted instead. Yay. Never mind.

Mighty Avengers.

Iron Man = naked woman. Who is, in fact, a female Ultron.

Holy Jeebuz. Is all I can say.
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic said:
Batman never have the Green Lantern Ring. A Green Lantern ring is bestowed upon an individual who can overcome great fear and Hal Jordan is the best man for it. In Green Lantern #17....
Batman was selected by the Sinestro Corps. Sinestro is a former member of the Green Lantern Corps. But he abused his power to enslaved his home planet. Long after his Green Lantern ring was removed, Sinestro made his own Corps. The member consists of individual from various sector of the universe who have the ability to instill great fear, in a simpler word. Sinestro Corps members are people (or alien lifeform) who can scare the living daylights out of you. And you must've know how scary Batman is.
Thx for answering me, Ichi :D Now i understand, that i misunderstood before ^^" hehe
 

Meno

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

What the hell?! Is Marvel seriously trying to piss us off? Even if they say that Earth-616 was satisfied with who won the fight, in real life, it isn't! As in, we readers! UGH. Oly a handful of people didn't mind the end of Civil War.
I've already said this before, but I don't think I've said it on MH. I'm also not going to use a spoiler, since I'm pretty sure all the members who frequent American Comics already know what happened. And since Cap's death was all over local news stations throughout the country, it's impossible not to know. =P

But the ending of Civil War is not only appropriate, but necessary. I'm not talking about Cap dying, but that the Pro-Registration side winning. Cap dying is a totally different subject, which I'll get into later. But back to my argument.

I used this very simple argument with a friend of mine on why the SHRA should pass. Would you want masked vigilantes running around the streets with super powers? Would you want these people to have the power to blow up buildings, cars, and streets and get away without paying any sort of punitive damages? Would you want these people to be untrained, unprofessional, and uncontrolled by any sort of rules at all?

The police is a perfect example of this. You give a man a gun and training on how to subdue and even kill people. But we know that the cops know these rather intimidating abilities to protect us. The same could be said for supes (except for those who did not gain their abilities for that purpose like Hulk or Spiderman). However, and this is the key point, the police are responsible for their own actions. Anyone remember Rodney King? I do, especially since it affected my family friends. They had a clothing store during the LA riots that was completely destroyed. I know it wasn't because of the cops themselves, but the direct result of cops beating Rodney King ended up with a family friend, someone who is practically a grandfather to me, having his only store destroyed so readily.

Who's going to pay for that? Certainly nobody paid my family friend, except for typical insurance money (which wasn't much). Someone has to be held up responsible, and those cops were. It's the same case as with superheroes.

And then there's the whole thing with, this is a violation of the constitutional rights. First off, nobody is going to know identities of anyone unless Iron Man gives out the information, the superhero willingly gives up his information, or some very techno savvy supervillain takes the information from Iron Man's personal files. Second, if the SHRA is a violation of constitutional rights, so are driver's licenses, medical degrees, and drinking age limit (things that we take for granted, btw). It's just not bloody safe for someone without a driver's license to be driving. Sure, the driver can be the most careful one in the world, but nobody in his right mind would get in the car with someone without a license (unless you're a teenager going for a joyride. And those always end well, right?).

Anyway, I think I've made my point. Onto Cap's death.

It sucked, yes. But honestly, who really cares? I know I don't (especially since my favorite version of Cap, Ultimate Captain America, is still alive). Captain America was more popular in the Golden Age when he was hardcore and actually killed people in WW2. Hell, Bucky killed people in WW2. But the Captain America of the modern-age is, imo, a watered down version of who he really was. Sure his death sucked, but nobody really even could call Cap a favorite character except for hardcore comic fans, and I mean hardcore. You ask the average person on the street who his favorite Marvel hero is, and the answer will most likely be either Wolverine or Spiderman. Captain America is important only in the sense that he "represented" America. But in a comic world that is becoming more and more global, I think this guy would be a better representative of all of us.

 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Well... I kinda think that we are getting ahead of ourselves for thinking Cap is dead forever. I mean for crying out loud his sidekick Bucky was dead and he's alive and kicking as Nick's messenger boy. If there was ever a sign of a character dying and then coming back bigger then that then I don't know.

Onto's Menobaka's response about how Captain America doesn't mean anything to any fans. Well... does Iron Man mean anything? If anything Iron Man's boosted role is directly due to his movie.

MOVIES, oh my gosh think about it. Its the movies fault that Iron Man won and that Spiderman is wearing black. Hmm wasn't reported that a Captain America movie is planned in the future. What a convenient time for a revival if he's dead.

And anyways if Cap is dead I hope that Bucky takes his place for a bit blazing guns.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^I wouldn't mind Bucky taking his reins. :D

Menobaka: Actually, yeah it was nescessary. I'm not omplaining about that. I'm mostly complaining in the fangirl side from me, really. XD

Everything you say is true, in this world, I don't think people would really like it if masked people are the ones fighitng villains who are also masked.

But if you're as...much of a fangirl like I am, I'm sure you'll understand how I feel about things. XD Like when Asuma died, it really made me stop readingNaruto, for he was the only reason I continued Part 2. But that's another topic ><

What I like msot about comics is that it takes me away from seeing problems the real world is facing. And now, unconciously, it seems like it's entering the Marvel universe as well. I don't mind realism every now and then, but to me, too much is nt really a good thing.

Although, I think Cap dying will make great stories for later. I cn't help it though if I've taken it so badly XD I really liked it when he took a stand against Tony Stark, so seeing that really made me feel bad the wholde day >.> Plus, you really can't say that nobody else cares if Cap died. XD It's probably 50/50 thing. XD

That cast aside, I can't wait for Fallen Son to come out. I like the idea of using the Five Stages of Death as the storylines for the books.

I still think choosing Iron Man as the Acceptance issue is too ironic >.>

And...LOL! Captain Planet would certainly be the most needed superhero, one that almost everyone would probably accept. Ironic, since the cartoon itself created controversy when it came out. XD[br]Posted on: March 08, 2007, 02:45:06 PM

manu said:
MOVIES, oh my gosh think about it. Its the movies fault that Iron Man won and that Spiderman is wearing black. Hmm wasn't reported that a Captain America movie is planned in the future. What a convenient time for a revival if he's dead.
They're planning one for a release in 2009, I think o.O Would be perfect for Cap to make a comback. If he is dead.

I mean, Ms. Marvel did tell Jessica Jones that he was alive...but from Stark's response, it may have been that she was lying >.>[br]Posted on: March 08, 2007, 02:47:37 PM_________________________________________________Ahah. I eat my words.

Mighty Avengers are awesome too. XD And I thought I hated Carol. Tony-Carol banter FTW. This is great. Three Avengers titles, and all are looking great (have yet to read Avengers: Initiative, but I think it's gonna be great >.>)

And Frank Cho's cool too. XD

Yay! Avengers (New and Mighty) are my new favourite superhero team! <3
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Mighty Avengers is awesome, except Ares lost his mohawk =(
Tony was a chick the whole time? And he's in charge of shield/pro etc.. I mean security risk much?

W/E it's all good I'm sure we'll get some cool action facing off against Ultron 2.0 with the new characters. Even though I have to say, I prefer the character relations in New Avengers.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Well it seems that in order to understand anything in Marvel you have to read everything in order...

I suggest reading Initiative first before touching anything else that might include any Avengers. Afterwards go into Mighty Avengers followed by the New Avengers. I know that Bendis is pretty much directing all three titles but they really should keep the titles more seperate.

Take Mighty Avengers cliff hanger.
Iron Man became some female Ultron. It specifically said that it was there first mission together as a team. Now in New Avengers it shows Iron Man and his Might Avengers waiting to ambush the New Avengers. So obviously Iron Man's little metamorphis isn't a big deal and I think that takes away some of the experience.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Nyuh.

Runaways was awesome. It's kinda sad that we won't read from the old team anymore. T_T I have high hopes for Joss Whedon though. I've seen a coupl'a pictures for the next issue, and it looks pretty good.

But really. I love Molly much more now. She's the best young Marvel character EVER. The last panel almost had me in tears. XD
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I love ultimate power now, it gives Thor soooooooooooooooo much credit as a friggin God Hero!

Read ultimate power 4 (and I'm sure 5) to get what I mean, I mean come on, this is 1970's Thor + Heroin + Viagra all rolled into ONE baby!
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Okay, I'm currently reading Civil War Battle Damage report, and I can happily say that Danielle Moonstar is going to be training the Initiative trainees!

While I'm not fond of the SHRA people, I'm just so happy that we can see Danni again :love I thought writers forgot all about her after Decimation <3 <3 <3

And it seems Beast is also one of the trainees...
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

The x-men's roles in Tony Stark's new world is shady...
In X-men, Mastermind says something along the lines of "we don't care about that stuff"
Xavier is still in the shinra empire, and I don't even know if he knows about Civil War (he will know about Hulk really soon though).
And Emma/Cyclops seem to be playing both sides at the moment. Don't really know what to make of their roles.

But Beast is a whore, he prides himself in having been part of the most "teams" in MU, so I'm sure he's a trainer just to add to his resume.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Xavier is still in the shinra empire,
FF7 much? :D

But Beast is a whore, he prides himself in having been part of the most "teams" in MU, so I'm sure he's a trainer just to add to his resume.
I think Beast are just using his knowledge to keep others properly trained. Pride is not unusual among genius like himself and others in the Marvel U. Look at Tony Stark or even T'challa, they really took pride of what they are capable of. :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Shiar X_x haha, thanks

Actually no, I'd like to retract my apology
I guess one of the writers must think like me :eyeroll

-
Aww, it's messing with the links =(
 
Last edited by a moderator:

John Rx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Is it just my screen or is everything pink and talking like: meeee bizzarrrrrrrrrrooo wweeeeth bbbbbaaaaddddd iiiiiinggggleeesssh?

is this april fool's joke part of the forum or is an outside person responsible for this?

well, from surveying the other part of the forum, since the april fool thread in the Site Questions / Comments / Complaints / FAQs is not affected i guess this is just part of the forum's april fool decor.
 
Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Ok. Just read Runaways.

Daaayyuum. I seriously believed it was Stark. o___O

AHHAHAH. Xavin cracks me up so much. Molly using Nico's stockings is pure BRILLIANCE. XD Kills me so bad. XD

Chase's green vomit sickens me.

...

OH MY FUCKING GAWD. PUNISHER.

PUNISHER?!

So soon?!

I saw the previews of the upcoming covers, Molly with Frank behind her, standing mighty and proud. Dayum! Can't wait!

The whole Fisk thing threw me off, but the last part just brought me back into it. :D Seems like Whedon's run is gonna look real great. :D
 
Top