Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I'd like to add that C&D is by far my favorite series...yes I even like Cable as a character...Bob Agent of Hydra is one of my new favorites as well.

Other series I enjoy- Thunderbolts, Ultimate Power, and Silver Surfer Requiem is pretty good so far
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I forgot Thunderbolts, new cast rocks.
Requiem is awesome as well, but its very emotionally charged, and I doubt I would like it for a long term series, after all how long can he 'not die' until he dies?


btw is it me or is groups.msn of ultimate spiderman (where they had all the comics) down? I guess they got busted..
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

oh damn that sucks... I used that a few days ago to catch up on Superman and Batman... those series are hard to remember to download >_>

Green Lantern is awesome. Only problem I have is that the Green Lantern war should include everyone, so that everyone can see how awesome Hal is but no... he's gonna fight the whole freakin antiverse and nobody will know about it. BUt when Hal tries to blow up the sun everyone freaks.

I honestly wasn't a fan of New Avengers until recently when all those "clues" meant nothing. Now they actually might mean something and Captain America was totally right to be suspicious... except he's dead now.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

What clues that Captain America was suspicious about are you referring?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Wasn't he the one looking for answers in Savage Land? Somebody asked SHIELD questions, my memory might be shoddy but after what they saw in savage land who wouldn't be?

That and in his latest chapter he made a private letter that was to be delivered to Iron Man after his death, almost like he knew he would die soon after New Avengers where made.
 

Seraph

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Avengers: Illuminati was awesome. Anybody else agree?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Hear Hear! The art is awesome and the latest issue really lets us see just how regular the members. And Iron Man slept with Lady Masque?! Eeeeeeew....
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Who read the new Thunderbolts already?

My question is

Who the hell could that telekenetic be? The way he was dipicted...makes me think its the return of Nate Grey!
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

What would Nate Grey have to do with the Thunderbolts? It seemed like a personal vendetta to me. Wiki doesn't say he's telepathic, but could it be Zemo?

Starlord kind of let me down with the deaths

X-men is getting very confusing again with Messiah complex, and I may have to stop reading =/

Amazing Spiderman is trying to sell comics way too much with its stories and I really miss Spiderman/Peter Parker that Spiderman truly represents and is portrayed as in other comics where he guest-stars.

Cable and Deadpool was great as always, although a little stupid towards the end. Next issue looks awesome, the cover alone is sweeeeeet!

Everything else is really garbary sadly, I was really looking forward to this week. I hope Runaways comes out soon because I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my day for nothing.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I read all the X-men titles, or at least download them for Beast's Endangered Species series. Hell I don't even read X-files, I only get them since they have a chapter of it. X-men is the only real way I can learn about Cables death and I feel that I owe Deadpool that much.

Thunderbolts is far from a disappointment. And about the spiderman books, is it me or does it seem that they are cancelling all the series for One More Day? They all said goodbye at the end and that it would be "continued" in One More Day.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

What???? They killed cyclops...
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

My Nate Grey-Thunderbolts theory came from Dark Beast saying that he theoretically could still be alive/resurrected. The Wiki you looked up was probably for the older character Mind-wave...there isnt a current wiki for "Mindwave" But anyways thats just wishful thinking on the Nate Grey. I think it was sweet on how he split the bullets and everything.

I agree that Spider-Man has gotten way to over the top lately...when does he go back to being a smartass?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

They just love screwing up with Spidey's life don't they? They even made him a criminal. The thing is, if Danny Rand (of the New Avengers) can afford a jet plane for their "Let's Fight a Bunch of Ninjas in Japan" Tour, why can't Peter go to him for "financial help". And then, there's the (once romantically involved with Dr. Strange) Night Nurse. She's not really a doctor, but i'm sure she had her share of gunshot wound treatments. And speaking of Dr. Strange, why oh why can't Peter just bring May to the good doctor's house and have the Eye of Agamotto solve his problem?

On another note, WWH Gamma Corps is kinda lame compared to the other WWH tie-in titles. They are still training against "Hulk SMASH" LMD, but the Green Scar is way more advanced than that now. If you ask me, a certain team will get a big mean green can of butt kicking. :D

Blue Beetle is joining (or at least training) with the Teen Titans! Awesome!!! And that thing with The Main Man is just hillarious. It's a fool's errand to go up against Lobo, Supergirl oughtta know that, they were teaming-up in 52, right? :D

Is it just me or DC are trying to boost the sale of Green Arrow and Black Canary?

And for Walking Dead reader. How long do you think before they have another major crisis in their hand? I think it won't be too long. Or maybe it's ending, after that hint from Rick's kid. :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Back in black takes place before New Avengers, in fact it takes place waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back because Daredevil is currently in the future in comparison to Spiderman.

Which also makes no sense because logically one more day and Spidey being a criminal would happen before Avengers, and thus the Avengers and Dr Strange in particular would not allow for Peter to join them.

I want Initiative to come out already so I can find out who mutant 199 and the new Iron Spiderman is! (Or at least the leader, they said they were only unmasking one)


What the hell was the deal with wolverine this month?
 
Last edited:

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I have no clue what was going on in Wolverine but I will say this.

That was an awesome chapter...the guy who narrated it was a creep and I thought it was a great look at the life of what it takes to be an evil henchman basically. Great issue really
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Avengers Initiative was pure coolness, when I read it I realize how shitty so many other comics are.

Word War Hulk X-men made my eyes misty >_>

DC is going crazy with all the Countdown/52 spinoffs, none have been good and even countdown is becoming a drag. Well at least Teen Titans 50 was pretty awesome.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Word War Hulk X-men made my eyes misty >_>
Oh, thank God. I wasn't the only one. XD AHHAHA. Seriously though. I blame Deathly Hallows for making me cry almost everytime time there's a heart-wrenching scene now.

I rarely cry over comics, so that was a shocker, really. XD I also almost blubbered when I saw 'Ro all in a pile of heap in Incredible Hulk. LAWL. But yeah.

I liked WWH: X Men mostly because of that scene. It's a nice end to the series, I think. I'm glad that Xavier doesn't get owned though. I'm slgihtly saddned by the number of people who had wanted to see him getting beaten up. XD

I mean, just like what Cess said, they've all just suffered too much.

Anywho.

Initiative ROCKS so bad. I LOVE IT. Gyrich is a shit, and Dani is awesome for turning Trauma into what he is. AHAHA.

My Nate Grey-Thunderbolts theory came from Dark Beast saying that he theoretically could still be alive/resurrected. The Wiki you looked up was probably for the older character Mind-wave...there isnt a current wiki for "Mindwave" But anyways thats just wishful thinking on the Nate Grey. I think it was sweet on how he split the bullets and everything.
Dude. If that were true, I'd be the happiest shit alive! :D I jsut wished Cable had died, just so Nate could take over.

More mutants in the world. XD That said, I'm VERY curious about Mutant Zero.
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

And another thing about WWH: X-Men. Hulk hits the spot when he said to Chucky, "you're already living in hell." and i ROFL-ed when Hulk kicked Monet and said: "Go be invulnerable in jersey." XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anyway, Cessily for X-Babies team leader!! :D


Oh Black Panther #30 is awesome too. I mean the zombies are awesome! Reggie Hudlin should've wrote more stuff like that. And w00t, they went Galactus on that planet!
 
Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah, Cess is pretty awesome. She was the one who owned Emma with just words, didn't she? XD

And the idea of having Pixie and Anole in the team is just GREAT! I love all the backgrond characters in New X Men. Now I'll only be happy if Dani makes an appearance. I miss her.

And Justin Pierce. *cough*
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Well, Dani is currently wrapped up with counseling Trauma at the Initiative. You know what, i think Gyrich is Skrull. Anyone got idea(s) about who Mutant Zero is? :D
 
Top