Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah? I didn't know that o.o Who were the artists?

And I've never seen the two other variant cover for NA as well :o I liked Leinil's version alot though. xD

refii: Yep, it's me holding my copy XD


http://www.marvel.com/movies/Thor.Thor

THOR LIVE-ACTION FILM! :pmg

Who do you guys think would make a good God of Thunder?
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

It could go two ways, either it'll be Hulk like with some blonde guy playing Thor's alter ego and the "Thor" being a completely other person or they are going to find a bodybuilder and work on lipsyncing any acting.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Both variant covers for New Avengers #27 were also drawn by Leinil Yu. The first one is 1:50 variant and the other one is 1:100 variant. :D
Captain America: The Chosen cover was drawn by Mitch Breitweiser (whom is also the penciler), a new Marvel exclusive artist famous for his work in Drax The Destroyer, and Noble Causes. The variant is drawn by Travis Charest (Danger Girl, WildC.A.T.s).

Thor live action movie is definitely a "YES!!" for me. :D
I'd love to see Goldilocks smashing his Mighty Mjolnir on his enemy (preferrably Tony Stark :XD).
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I hope they get a European to play Thor.. preferably someone from a Nordic area. And I hope they do it in the style of Iron Man/Spiderman/X-men instead of Hulk/Ghost Rider
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

So. o.o

Captain Amerca #30 drops quite a bomb.

o.o

Sharon is teh preggers D: My God, this is like Asuma all over again. Thank gosh Cap wasn't a fave cahracter. XD


I am NOT happy with the end of New X Men. NOT happy at ALL.

*stomps around like a maniac*

[edit]

Oh! Wait! :D



So it isn't her?! Lord, I almost punched the monitor. Thank God for previews ><
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

wait, it isn't her what?

Anyways, I can't believe David is such a nub at being a teenager. Give a girl her damn space =/
I mean damn, he literally drove her to Julian on the freaken Grey Hound with his damn talking.

Captain America... which bombshell are we talking about again?

First Sharon's preggo, Red Skull brainwashes Winter Soldier, and lastly Steve Rogers pretty much gives premission to be succeeded.

Is it me or is Penance the new Sentry? Comes into a team and then proceeds to make an appearance everywhere and for all the page time he gets I still don't like him.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Hulk =
Sentry is playing God??

sigh, so gay
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

wait, it isn't her what?

Anyways, I can't believe David is such a nub at being a teenager. Give a girl her damn space =/
I mean damn, he literally drove her to Julian on the freaken Grey Hound with his damn talking.

Captain America... which bombshell are we talking about again?

First Sharon's preggo, Red Skull brainwashes Winter Soldier, and lastly Steve Rogers pretty much gives premission to be succeeded.

Is it me or is Penance the new Sentry? Comes into a team and then proceeds to make an appearance everywhere and for all the page time he gets I still don't like him.
I meant that
it couldn't be Sooraya who died, if the next few covers still show her. At least that's what I'm hoping.

If they want to kill X MEn members, they could always do away with the Summers. The kids are too awesome to be killed =/

And true, David made a stupid mistake, I never did understand why girls always just go for another boy jsut to get back at they boyfriends. Even if I'm a girl myself XD

I mean, is she mad because David didn't tell her whether he got hurt? Shouldn't she just be happy that he's alive? XD

What's ironically funny is that David was kissed before by Laurie as she was trying to make someone else jealous. Lols. XD

Still, I'm happy with the fact that they've finally started showing more of the other younger mutants. Poor Indra though. Still, I think Beak's kid should be listed as well. I don't see how he doesn't count.

Mostly about Sharon's preggy. I think it swas already obvious that someone needed to take up the mantle of Captain America. Hoping it would be Bucky (iwas Cap was trying point at him as his succeedor? >.>).

That said, there's a What if? Civil War issue coming out. Do you guys remember that cover with Iron Man in Amazon.com with his armour blue/red? And how we thought it would be a Red Herring?

Turns out it was real, just not what we expected o.o

And I'm kinda enjoying the first issue of Penance. XD But yeah, he is slightly reminding me of Sentry. Only that Robbie was definitely an old character come back to the spotlight. Hence I like him more than Sentry.

Hulk =
Sentry is playing God??

sigh, so gay
=.=
I still don't think Sentry should be the person to go against the Hulk. If Marvel wants a God, there's a better long-haired one who's a real God out there. Lord, I really don't like Sentry. XD


!!!

Mr. President = "Hoo Dog"?! WTF. XD

HE IS A SKRULL. XD
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I meant that
it couldn't be Sooraya who died, if the next few covers still show her. At least that's what I'm hoping.

If they want to kill X MEn members, they could always do away with the Summers. The kids are too awesome to be killed =/

And true, David made a stupid mistake, I never did understand why girls always just go for another boy jsut to get back at they boyfriends. Even if I'm a girl myself XD

I mean, is she mad because David didn't tell her whether he got hurt? Shouldn't she just be happy that he's alive? XD

What's ironically funny is that David was kissed before by Laurie as she was trying to make someone else jealous. Lols. XD

Still, I'm happy with the fact that they've finally started showing more of the other younger mutants. Poor Indra though. Still, I think Beak's kid should be listed as well. I don't see how he doesn't count.
I try to ignore the romance in New X-men Books, and Runaways, I think only Young Avengers does it 'decently' where it's not just a big 90210 orgy going on.
MOLLY SHOULD BE THE ONE! It makes the most sense (I've already assumed she's either Omega, or at the very least AS DANGEROUS as Emma Frost, who is just so damn dangerous, she doesn't need to be Omega),

As for the Summers.. go read Astonishing X-men (And I hope you're not refering to Havoc and Vulcan, that series has some potential still, especially if it decides to tie into Annihilation).
Mr. President = "Hoo Dog"?! WTF. XD

HE IS A SKRULL. XD
HAHAHAHAHAHHAA So true, if only.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I was also suprised to see the last page of Cap #30
The Winter Soldier faces off against Iron Man!

The man at the top of Bucky's hitlist is finally in his grasp... but saying anything more than that will spoil all our surprises! Still, the final moments of this issue will stun fans just as much as the final moments of Captain America #25 did!
But as we all read in #30
Bucky is gonna be brainwashed by Dr. Faustus

New X-Men #42
I hate hate hate hate Dark Beast!!! :yelling Haven't the Guthries suffered enough?

More wil be posted later. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Ahh! I frgot to post about Endangered Species. Yes. I agree with you. That's just not fair, and I think even Beast is going too far =/

refii:

Ahahhaha. Molly's utterly awesome. But I don't think she can be a really big threat, if she sleeps when she gets really tired. But she's definitely very strong. I still laugh when she owned Logan. XD And his next lines were just as hilarious. XD

And yeah, Havok's ok. Not as dreadful as his brother, but I'm happy he acknowledges the fact that he can't really lead. Though I think Scott does a worse job.

As for Vulcan, I just want him to die (but that's the X Men fan in me speaking). Still, the Summers brother have a lot over their heads. Poor Corsair ><

I realyl think he's a Skrull.

Sooo many proof pointing towards it.

There's the interview by Bendis where he states explicitly that Maria Hill is getting just as suspicious as Tony is, about S.H.I.E.L.D and why she was chosen for the job, when she knows there were a lot more agents who had higher qualifications than her.

He then goe on to say that the dialogue between her and the President is important (from Secret War).

I'ce been really suspicious about him, most especially because I have this issue of Captain Ameruca (really old) where the president gives Cap files to his past, and everything about the Super Soldier stuff, without reading it. He goes on to tell Cap that he owes him his life as Cap once saved his father during the war.

Then all of a sudden the Prez is against capes? And doesn't acknowledge that they saved lives?

Then there's that scene where he tries to coerce Maria Hill to bomb the island the New Avengers were on (when they went against the Collective/Magneto/Xorn), but she didn't do it, obviously.

Then again, it may have been a Red Herring and Maria Hill may have been the Skrull (I'm too much in denial to believe this, however >.>).


I was also suprised to see the last page of Cap #30
The Winter Soldier faces off against Iron Man!

The man at the top of Bucky's hitlist is finally in his grasp... but saying anything more than that will spoil all our surprises! Still, the final moments of this issue will stun fans just as much as the final moments of Captain America #25 did!
But as we all read in #30
Bucky is gonna be brainwashed by Dr. Faustus
Yeah =/ But Bucky does want to kill Tony, so in a way, it's gonna be a kind of thing where "Should I just let him brainwash me and get over with killing Tony" or "What would Cap do?"

LOL.

I'm...slightly hoping this means Bucky's taking up Cap's mantle. Although poor Clint's going to be jealous. XD That said, just how great was that scene in New Avengers? I lol'ed at Luke Cage's the most, though XD
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Yeah, Molly was awesome when he punched out Logan. But i lubbb the scene in v2 #25
When she punched the Punisher. I mean, Logan got healing factor, but Frank is like 70 years old by then. "Must.... stay.... awake...." :XD


And i'm hoping if he did carry on the legacy there's gonna be an extra new avengers, with a whole new and improved thor. :D


Here's a funny scene from Catwoman #71
​
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

=/ DC has just been pissing me off lately. I mean c'mon we want to be entertain! The only series I honestly enjoy from them now is Green Lantern and Detective Comics and JSA.

they kill off my flash, and make spinoffs about EVERY CHARACTER. Who doesn't have there own comic anymore?

Here is a list to name a few (not that I'm angry about Catwoman, she's older)
Wonder Girl
Super Girl
Dr. Fate
Infinity Inc
Booster Gold
Forerunner
Metal Men
Robin

Oh and I can't even to begin counting the numerous Superman and Batman comics. Now the thing that gets me is that some of it is good, take Justice Society Classifieds. But a side-story about a B list team? Why couldn't they invest in some new blood, so that people wouldn't feel the need to read 500 comics to get a basic understanding of who and what is going on.

Just my spiel about DC, Marvel has its own problems too but at least you the make new series that don't involve 30 years of back story to catch up on.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^True enough. That's why it's hard for me to try reading the comics Ken-chan and Ichi-san are suggesting to me. Like Green Lantern, as much as I'd like to read it.

Ichi-san: LOL First Ba Mun, then this?! LOL.

And I totally forgot about that! The Punisher bit was the BEST. I was lolling truly. The look on his face was just priceless. Something I never saw in the Punisher yet. XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I agree with manu. They made a progress by making Bart as Flash, but then they killed him off (which they'll probably gonna retconned in another crisis). That's why i'm really enjoying Green Lantern books, they only takes care of their business. Most spinoffs are usually short (usually do to lack of interest from fans), but the main titles are doing great, story and artwise. I can't even understand how could they ever come up with the idea of making Amazon attacking America. We don't see the Kree attacking earth when Mar-Vell died from cancer (Earthling killed our hero with their disease, now taste Kree Death rays!!), but that doesnt apply to Atlanteans -- we all know how they tend to exaggerate things. :XD

Dz: Yup, i bet he secretly goes to Selena's house during patrol just so he can start making funny faces. Gagaga... say Baa Mun... come on Helena.... Baa... Mun... good girl. :XD
Maybe one day we'll see them tie the knots, i'd love to see Bruce Wayne actually settling down. :XD

And now we know why
Frank Castle didn't flinch from Bucky's punch. He got punched by Molly, the only one who could do worse than that is the Hulk and Sentry. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

And now we know why
Frank Castle didn't flinch from Bucky's punch. He got punched by Molly, the only one who could do worse than that is the Hulk and Sentry. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
LOL!

Their the next couple of people on the list, believe me. At least I'm hoping me. Mlly doing that to those two...would just make my day. :D

That said, I cannot wait for Runaways! The story is just making me spaz like a maniac. All the dresses and style from that era is just awesome to see incorporated into the characters :D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I know and the art is awesome too, compared to the 1st run. Another Marvel book that i might like and be waiting for is penance. The story's awesome so far and i wanna see if him going awol would effect the story in T-bolts. :D
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

NOOOOO!

Irredeemable Antman is cancelled! I blame all you horrible people who don't buy comic books... Ok wait, I'm one of them.... I'll buy it when it gets archived I suppose...

Anyways read the entire series here if you have not done so already http://komics-live.com/SMF/index.php?topic=145.0

But on a good note, Antman is now apart of the Initiative! That is so freaking awesome, the cover it looks like he gets in a fight with old Yellowjacket too =P
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

WAIT. WHAT?

EHY. IS. IT. CANCELLED?! IS IT REALLY OUR FAULT?!?

D:

Wait.

ARgh. Why? I think they've planned it for ages though? Because he's been appearing in other (soon to be released) issues from the previews I see? Mighty Avengers (saw the previews months ago, plus Initiative, etc.). I think the plan was for a short title-run, then fit him into other titles...

D:

But thanks for the link. I was missing a couple of issues.
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

That's actually really good in my opinion. The series was strong on its own, but just like Deadpool, I always wished he would get into a team dynamic.

Initative for Antman
New Avengers for Deadpool? (Yea right =/)
 
Top