Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The trailer on IGN showed a news conference where he denies "superheroing." I'm assuming he attempts to keep a secret identity. Possibly by getting Rhodes to be Iron Man, which is what leads to War Machine.

Sorry, no matter how awesome Iron Man is if Dark Knight gets released there will be no competition. Marvel movies have the tendency to losing against Batman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diIYOvGvmg4

I recommend watching the guys entire channel.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
We-ell, the fact that Joker looks bad-ass (heck, as much as I adored Nicholson's version, Ledger's bound to beat his) is sure to make Bats quite popular.

Buuuut, I'm a Marvel girl through and through. XD IM comes first for me. XD And I just love how Stark's snarky comments make it to the film. It's not Tony without his arrogance. XD

Heyyy, Ken-chan, want words to the trailer?
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
I must agree with manu - no matter how I like Marvel characters, if this means for films, Dark Knight will be <or I think will be> awesome movie <not just because of the special effects :p>
Probably I even more anticipate Batman movie than Iron man movie.. :x
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I dunno, we've already had five Batman movies to date. Although I am also looking forward to Dark Knight, Iron Man will be something different and fresh. I think people will definitely like Downey Jr. better than Bale as well... and well, Ledger's Joker, I'm not sure people will want to go back to the theater to see that grisly face again and again. (I mean, Jack Nicholson's Joker, nobody minded, but Ledger's Joker is just plain scary.)

DZ, yes if it's not too much trouble :)
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
For mr man GK.

Transcript by El Boffo

first scene

stark: No ones allowed to talk is that it?
driver: no you intimidate them.
stark: good god, youre a woman!

second scene

stark: Is it better to be feared or respected?
I say, is it to much to ask for both?
I humbly present, The Jericho.
*booom in background*
stark: To peace (while toasting)

(lots of quick scenes no dialogue)

stark captured scene

bad guy: Tony Stark, now you work for me
other prisoner: What are you building Stark?

(lots of stuff, no dialogue)

Stark returns scene

stark: Your eyes are red. a few tears for your long lost boss?
secretery girl person: Tears of joy, I hate jobhunting.
stark: Yeah vacations over.

starks home:

voice: Welcome home sir.
stark: Put up (something) will you. (I cant hear what he says there.....)

party scene

some person: What happened over there?
stark: I had my eyes open!

back at starks lab

stark: I wanna protect the people, I put in harms way.

bad guy meeting scene

bad guy: a man who doesnt flee can rule all of asia (unsure about that sentence)

back to stark trying armor

stark: Yeah. I can fly.
stark while in the air: Lets see if this dog can hunt.
stark: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH (he's crashing here :smile-big)

THIS SUMMER

voice: Sir the upgrade is complete.
stark: Tell you what, throw a little hot rod red in there.

putting on armor no dialogue.

black dude: damn!
stark: Good luck keeping on.

no dialogue for long time just music

HEROES AREN'T BORN

no dialogue

THEY'RE BUILT

secretery girl person: whats going on here?
Stark: lets face it, this is not the worst thing you caught me doing.

fighting scenes

Stark: there's been speculation that im parading around as a superhero

big hit boom thingie

Stark: Im just not the hero type. Clearly.

No more dialogue, just music
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Awww, from you Boff I would have expected an awesome Wookie translation!

(Just kidding. Thanks a lot! :D)

stark: Your eyes are red. a few tears for your long lost boss?
secretery girl person: Tears of joy, I hate jobhunting.
stark: Yeah vacations over.
:rofl
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He looks puny... they both look pretty small. Though artistically it works and I can definitely see him in an Avengers team with Iron Man and Spidey so far.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hmm, I like it, looks much better than the Ang Lee movie to me. Hulk definitely looks better. And they chose a very good guy to play the alias ego of Abomination too.

I'm not so sure I care much for Norton though. I guess when I was little Bill Bixby was just the definitive Banner for me (even if his first name wasn't Bruce, lol).
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'm not so sure I care much for Norton though. I guess when I was little Bill Bixby was just the definitive Banner for me (even if his first name wasn't Bruce, lol).


i loved that show when i was a kid. Now, not so much. but boyhowdy did i love the "turn-into-the-green-dude" scene.... i was too young to understand what the hell they were talking about so i just watched for the Hulkscenes :smile-big
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Yeah, the old T.V. series was cheesy, but I really liked Bixby and Ferrigno regardless.

Bill Bixby was a really nice person and loved to be on that show. There's a story about him where he'd just enjoy pretending to be the Hulk to the delight of the kids in his neighborhood and things like that. I remember Lou Ferrigno really wanted to do another movie or finish up the show with Bixby, but sadly that all stopped when Bixby died.

I like that this movie seems to draw on a little bit from that old TV series though. Norton's eyes while he was Hulking out looked just like Bixby's did. That's something I definitely think will help the popularity of this movie.

And I have to admit the Hulk on that trailer really looked great.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
speaking of the old hulk show, we have a autographed hulkphoto from Lou Ferrigno at the cinema where i work. he was at a convention in stockholm and a coworker of mine got it so its hanging right next to our other signed photo. which is a photo of spider-man and signed by Sam Raimi(director of the first 2 movies). that one we got after winning a spider-man2 contest thingie.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
That's pretty cool. Lou Ferrigno was also in Knoxville once at my local comic shop but I just missed getting to meet him. He's apparently deaf too, so I always thought that was cool. He seems to really get around though, lol.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
yeah and he's still friggin HUGE!!!!
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Did you get to feel his biceps? XD
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
im gonna read house of M this weekend.

i really dont know why but meh, im bored and need something new to read.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
bought secret invasion. pretty much nothing was suprisning, considering all the clues about who would be a skrull. a venger spidey is a weird guy, since BND spidey is apart of the avengers. Iron Man has a movie and Echo/Wolv have been proved innocent. Iron Fist has his own title and Brian Bendis loves Luke Cage too much. Spider woman hasnt done anything skrully, quite the opposite really. Now that sorta leaves Wolverine but e's too awesome. Oh wait there's the mysteriously revived Hawkeye but he slept with Wanda...

Mighty Avengers tho is a different story, that whole gang is definitrly skrulled.

Anyways I will try to buy Secret/New/Mighty for this event, considering this really is Bendis's event.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
ok, so ive read all of House of M, it was ok, not great but ok. the ending really rocked banana.

and now ive gotten hold off all Cable & Deadpool, Avengers Assembled, Planet Hulk, Winter Soldier/Captain America, Enemy of the State and Fury's Secret War.

i will be starting with Planet Hulk. cause the Hulk is most best of all the bestest people.
 

Sasuke_Kai_92

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
403
Reaction score
4
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
England
No way! X-men is much better then the Hulk. You could shoot Bruce Banner in the head and there you go, he is finished. End of hulk .
 
Top