Discussion - Meliodas | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Meliodas

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Since this thread has been revived, I would also like to talk about his famous OG Magic and how (IMO) ruined the entire plot of the series. For me, the main problem with Mel's OG magic isn't the fact that exists. As a concept, I find it quite believable that he had one since the start that wasn't Full Counter. Way before his OG Magic was revealed we already knew that each top class demon had a magic that couldn't be shared or used by anyone else in the clan (for example, Derieri's Combo Star, Galan's Critical Over, etc). That is an original magic. However at the moment we learnt that Chandler could use the same technique as him and the fact that it was him who taught to Mel that spell in the first place everything became pretty suspicious and gave room to think that FC maybe wasn't Mel's true magic. Back to the topic, the main problem Mel's OG Magic has is the reason given to explain why he didn't use it until now.

And yeah, the reason he gave to us is that he was afraid. Ok, cool. Afraid of what exactly? You cannot give such vague answer to a concept that could potentially destroy the main plot of the series. Most likely it had something to do with not being able to see Eli again, since he couldn't be on the mortal plane anymore after activating it (at least, that's what is implied). But why would he be unable to see her again? It's not like she couldn't come to the Demon World with him. He was about to leave with her in a frail human body before Boulder-Kun attacked. Alternatives existed.

Meliodas being afraid of using his OG Magic implies that it's something he could have used at any moment (which btw, it also makes the "I need the 10C to be on the DK's level" plot point completely nonsensical). So we have that Mel had all the time a power that was beyond the DK and the SD. With that power it isn't far-fetched to think that he could have ended the Gods' whole career during the Holy War if he truly felt like it (at least he had a decent shot) and become King of the demons himself. If he became King (and maybe Eli queen since he could probably have killed the SD too) the conflict between those two clans would most likely have ended, or at least would have greatly diminished. Of course, I'm not saying accomplishing such thing would have been easy to do at all, but the possibility was there.

All of this leads us to: no curse plot (Eli wouldn't have had to die more than a hundred times and both of them wouldn't have had to go through all that pain and suffering), no massive brainwash for OG Gowther's part, no Coffin of Eternal Darkness and most likely some coexistence between the two clans. This would also mainly solve the problems caused 3000 years later like the anihilation of the Fairy King's forest by the enraged demons, the Commandments attacking and sucking the soul of every citizen of Britannia and a lot of other plot points that were caused by the outcome of the Holy War.

The fact that the majority of the events and plot points that have happened could have been avoided (or at least partially negated to some extent) if Meliodas tried harder is in itself ridiculous. I used to really like Mel (he was probably my favourite character of the series at some point of time) and I think he had a lot of potential, but the way Nakaba handled his character and his power in these lasts arcs (mostly in the Second Holy War arc) is just absolutely horrid in my eyes, to say the least. To add more salt to the injury, Nakaba went and took that same OG Magic that ruined the plot away, without any explanation whatsoever about what it was, what uses could have had in combat, no backstory or insight as to why he was so afraid of using it to the point that he rather prefered his dearest person to die over a hundred times. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The concept disappeared as fast as it appeared.

And you know what's the worst? Nakaba could have avoided all of this by simply changing the "I could have used my OG Magic all the time but I was afraid of something" to "I wasn't able to use this magic because I wasn't strong enough and the requeriments for the training to reach the DK's level and thus unlocking it, were finally met in Purgatory". If Nakaba had explained it in this simple manner, for me it would have been more than enough, but I guess this wasn't good for him. Basically, in my eyes Nakaba sacrificed the main plot that he created and molted for hundreds of chapters for Mel wank. A wank that basically destroys any kind of tension, drama and consistency and makes this manga that I once fell in love with a complete mess. Of course Mel doesn't have all the fault (some of the other Sins and factors also share some), but I think that he is, by far, the biggest player in this scenario.

PD: Sorry for the wall of text, I got a little bit too carried away :XD
Prepare to see that God power coming back like Ichigo style against Chaos, or even something far more powerful than that.

Since Chaos is the Primordial true God of the show.

Knowing Nakaba, you know that it is coming for Mel.

He became so strong after Purgatory that he didn't need to use his God form and OG magic during that fight, his current Demon powers were enough and FC use became far more haxed.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
But didn't Mel sacrificed his power to destroy the decrees?
And more importantly, hasn't everyone forgotten about his god power bro?
You know what I'm talking about bro, right? :teehee
That is why I said that it is the same scenario as Ichigo ( sacrifice his transcended power against Aizen, recovered and more against Yhwach ), he will recover it back or get something far more powerful because Chaos is beyond anything that existed before.

Even if he recovered his God power, I don't think that it is enough against Chaos anyway, he needs something far more than that now and you know that it is coming if you read NNT and know what Nakaba do with Mel lol.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
That's exactly what I expected to happen during purgatory arc. The time passes differently in the two realms, so it could be easily explained why Mel reached his true form after spending a long long time in the purgatory fighting his old man.

Though I don't have a problem with commandment absorption. Mel's existence was divided into two different parts, and as the manga implies, the one who first started to harm DK's body was his emotional part. So there might be some accessibility issues fir the emotionless version.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Easy man, I like your idea. DK was a miserable foe, and the story is still in need of a proper FV. Chaos has notnot been a malevolent force by know, but it is powerful enough to put up a fair fight against SDSs even if they are close to or already at god level. Havinv all the enemies one shotted and humiliated is getting boring tbh.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

But @sobreno , I was not talking about the contents of your post. The problem is with the double standards in your judgement. You may want to compare the posts:

Nakaba is seemingly a Mel lover himself, so it's only natural for Nakaba to return Mel's godly powers to him. But your argument inherently holds true for some other characters as well.
Not really lol, no character was close to be praised and honored as much like Mel.

All the characters seem to idolize him and praise his strength at any given time.

Nakaba can make Chaos somehow malevolent.

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
You are right. He is praised too much and has always been beyond reason. Even I liked how Ban and Escanor talked about his superiority even though I hate him. But the problem here is that NnT isn't Bleach.

Bleach was centered around one single character as the protagonist, and everyone else was acting as supporting cast or side characters. They didn't have much to do with the plot compared with Ichigo. Even then, the gap between the characters was to huge and you could see how people made jokes out of Ichigo's never ending asspull power ups and BS revelations. NnT has become identical to Bleach especially after Estarossa turned into an Aizen like flying monster shit, but it's probably one of the reasons why it has dropped so much. Many people don't care about it anymore, and some are just reading NnT because they feel it's too late to drop it. So being like a Bleach is a negative feature by its own. But there is another more serious problem in case of NnT. It is a story with multiple plot lines each of them having their own MCs. Neglecting a couple of them to make things easier is the worst thing that can happen in such series. Maybe if Nakaba didn't introduce a group of protagonists, he could handle it better. He took a huge step and trying something very big after Kongo Bancho. From one single MC to 8 of them. He had the courage to do it, but he has yet to prove if he had necessary skills and enough writing experience for such a decision.
Centered around Ichigo? Lol what.

The poor Ichigo was forgotten during the final arc, he didn't even that many fight nor time screen.

NNT? Meliodas is everywhere, even takes the spotlight in others characters gaiden lol ( cough Escanor cough ) or he is a love goal ( cough Merlin cough ).

Dude invaded all the place.

Shadowlord123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Prepare to see that God power coming back like Ichigo style against Chaos, or even something far more powerful than that.

Since Chaos is the Primordial true God of the show.

Knowing Nakaba, you know that it is coming for Mel.

He became so strong after Purgatory that he didn't need to use his God form and OG magic during that fight, his current Demon powers were enough and FC use became far more haxed.
Yeah, to be honest returning that power would probably be the best decision Nakaba could make at this point. It would at least open some possibilities for more explanation (like what it is, what uses can have in combat, why he didn't use it until now, etc).

When it comes to Mel, nothing surprises me anymore. Even if Nakaba were to say that one day Mel took a shit and Chaos was born from it, that still wouldn't surprise me at this point. He has already made clear enough through the narrative that he wants him to be perfection incarnate and that nobody can come close to him. If somebody is beyond him, Nakaba will just say that he was holding back and give him even more broken powers. I have no doubts that he will sacrifice all the tension, drama and consistency of the plot for wanking him more. In fact, he has already done this IMO.

That's exactly what I expected to happen during purgatory arc. The time passes differently in the two realms, so it could be easily explained why Mel reached his true form after spending a long long time in the purgatory fighting his old man.

Though I don't have a problem with commandment absorption. Mel's existence was divided into two different parts, and as the manga implies, the one who first started to harm DK's body was his emotional part. So there might be some accessibility issues fir the emotionless version.
Yeah, he had also the help of Ban and Wild. Their teamwork was probably the reason they survived for 60 years against the DK (that and obviously a little bit of plot armor too). Such requeriments probably hadn't been met in all the 3000 years journey. He even said it when he met Zeldris, that it would take far too long to reach the DK's level by training and that's why he choose the commandments route. Maybe he couldn't really use his OG Magic and needed training to become stronger and unlock it, so it would seem from that piece of dialogue at least, but sadly later on such thing wasn't implied. More like the opposite, that he could have used it anytime but he just was afraid for some reason. Such a shame tbh.

Last edited:

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Bleach was the story of Ichigo. That much is obvious. Being absent during a specific period doesn't mean he was not the protagonist.

And I'm not talking about who invaded whose plot. It's about how many lines of story are embedded within a novel, manga, movie, etc. By the way, aside from technical arguments, which are clearly beyond this conversation.
NNT is literally the story about Mel and how he takes the spotlight in everyone life lol unlike Ichigo who doesn't have that much of impact in his own lore.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
The thing is will the story progress anymore from here on, I think this might be the end and things will continue in the sequel

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
He became so strong after Purgatory
Should he be Strong after that ?..I mean Ban's strength increased cause his body was literally there but Mel is a Mind/Part of Mel's soul right which is trapped in purgatory after his deaths...I do say soul cause Emo mel seems to know what happens in the outside and how he has started hibernating and all that..
So how is that his base strength increases when he regains EMo mel and is able to deal hits powerful enough to make Dk-Zel bleed , who has 10C within him when his Force stats shouldn't have been improved at all . i can agree if his overall PL increased from having Spirit stats way high cause regaining EMo mel but his Force stat should be still that of when he was Assault mode. If u(not just u ..in general everyone here) say it's because he unlocked his ability which doesn't manifest as DK-form when he is EMo mel , which i can overlook but he doesn't activate it in real world at all against him..so how is it that his base strength increased having emo-mel in him when it was stated that he gets stronger when he dies and comes back without emotions..

I think Nakaba went onto make powerup of Mel similar to Zenkai boost(from a series he loves) and didn't give proper explanation or failed in keeping it consistent in the end.

Even if he recovered his God power, I don't think that it is enough against Chaos anyway, he needs something far more than that now and you know that it is coming if you read NNT and know what Nakaba do with Mel lol.
Seriously who here wants mel to deliver the final blow to chaos ?..I certainly don't ..i don't care if he is main among main characters ..5 clans working together (to seal or destroy) is way more epic and nice finish to the story than a single protagonist dealing the final blow..

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Seriously who here wants mel to deliver the final blow to chaos ?..I certainly don't ..i don't care if he is main among main characters ..5 clans working together (to seal or destroy) is way more epic and nice finish to the story than a single protagonist dealing the final blow..
Nakaba wants it. He's probably already thinking of ways in which his golden boi can humiliate Chaos while still holding back. All of this while making the legendary Bloodie Ellie even more useless than now :XD

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meliodas FTW

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since this thread has been revived, I would also like to talk about his famous OG Magic and how (IMO) ruined the entire plot of the series. For me, the main problem with Mel's OG magic isn't the fact that exists. As a concept, I find it quite believable that he had one since the start that wasn't Full Counter. Way before his OG Magic was revealed we already knew that each top class demon had a magic that couldn't be shared or used by anyone else in the clan (for example, Derieri's Combo Star, Galan's Critical Over, etc). That is an original magic. However at the moment we learnt that Chandler could use the same technique as him and the fact that it was him who taught to Mel that spell in the first place everything became pretty suspicious and gave room to think that FC maybe wasn't Mel's true magic. Back to the topic, the main problem Mel's OG Magic has is the reason given to explain why he didn't use it until now.

And yeah, the reason he gave to us is that he was afraid. Ok, cool. Afraid of what exactly? You cannot give such vague answer to a concept that could potentially destroy the main plot of the series. Most likely it had something to do with not being able to see Eli again, since he couldn't be on the mortal plane anymore after activating it (at least, that's what is implied). But why would he be unable to see her again? It's not like she couldn't come to the Demon World with him. He was about to leave with her in a frail human body before Boulder-Kun attacked. Alternatives existed.

Meliodas being afraid of using his OG Magic implies that it's something he could have used at any moment (which btw, it also makes the "I need the 10C to be on the DK's level" plot point completely nonsensical). So we have that Mel had all the time a power that was beyond the DK and the SD. With that power it isn't far-fetched to think that he could have ended the Gods' whole career during the Holy War if he truly felt like it (at least he had a decent shot) and become King of the demons himself. If he became King (and maybe Eli queen since he could probably have killed the SD too) the conflict between those two clans would most likely have ended, or at least would have greatly diminished. Of course, I'm not saying accomplishing such thing would have been easy to do at all, but the possibility was there.

All of this leads us to: no curse plot (Eli wouldn't have had to die more than a hundred times and both of them wouldn't have had to go through all that pain and suffering), no massive brainwash for OG Gowther's part, no Coffin of Eternal Darkness and most likely some coexistence between the two clans. This would also mainly solve the problems caused 3000 years later like the anihilation of the Fairy King's forest by the enraged demons, the Commandments attacking and sucking the soul of every citizen of Britannia and a lot of other plot points that were caused by the outcome of the Holy War.

The fact that the majority of the events and plot points that have happened could have been avoided (or at least partially negated to some extent) if Meliodas tried harder is in itself ridiculous. I used to really like Mel (he was probably my favourite character of the series at some point of time) and I think he had a lot of potential, but the way Nakaba handled his character and his power in these lasts arcs (mostly in the Second Holy War arc) is just absolutely horrid in my eyes, to say the least. To add more salt to the injury, Nakaba went and took that same OG Magic that ruined the plot away, without any explanation whatsoever about what it was, what uses could have had in combat, no backstory or insight as to why he was so afraid of using it to the point that he rather prefered his dearest person to die over a hundred times. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The concept disappeared as fast as it appeared.

And you know what's the worst? Nakaba could have avoided all of this by simply changing the "I could have used my OG Magic all the time but I was afraid of something" to "I wasn't able to use this magic because I wasn't strong enough and the requeriments for the training to reach the DK's level and thus unlocking it, were finally met in Purgatory". If Nakaba had explained it in this simple manner, for me it would have been more than enough, but I guess this wasn't good for him. Basically, in my eyes Nakaba sacrificed the main plot that he created and molted for hundreds of chapters for Mel wank. A wank that basically destroys any kind of tension, drama and consistency and makes this manga that I once fell in love with a complete mess. Of course Mel doesn't have all the fault (some of the other Sins and factors also share some), but I think that he is, by far, the biggest player in this scenario.

PD: Sorry for the wall of text, I got a little bit too carried away :XD
Shadow with the master thesis on Nakaba wanking Meliodas. A+

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some people here forgot that we've yet to know Meliodas' ABILITY ... its NAME ... what it IS about!

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shadow with the master thesis on Nakaba wanking Meliodas. A+
Going for the PhD right now bro. When I finish I may be able to get into the mastermind that is Nakaba with the Meliowanking.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nakaba wants it. He's probably already thinking of ways in which his golden boi can humiliate Chaos while still holding back. All of this while making the legendary Bloodie Ellie even more useless than now :XD
Yep, in addition, watch Nakaba give Mel the NNT's version of ultra instinct. Mel gonna spam hakai blasts unconsciously and end the fight in .2 seconds. Then the sins will marvel at their captain and Nakaba will nut like never before.

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Well the thing is Mel is the strongest in NNT......... ....... But outside of it there many characters who oneshot destroy Mel 😂😂😂

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
Well the thing is Mel is the strongest in NNT......... ....... But outside of it there many characters who oneshot destroy Mel 😂😂😂
My new boy is Jin woo from Solo leveling, he solo everyone here.

Never for a manga, I was that addicted, Solo leveling is beyond amazing for my eyes

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
My new boy is Jin woo from Solo leveling, he solo everyone here.

Never for a manga, I was that addicted, Solo leveling is beyond amazing for my eyes
But Jin isn't as fast as Mel tho.............

My current favorites are..... Well there are many but a few of them are Prime Daruma, Michael demiurgas(this is an old character but I've just recently read that from DC) , Fudo myoo, Hogoromo etc

Last edited:

sobreno

Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
But Jin isn't as fast as Mel tho.............

My current favorites are..... Well there are many but a few of them are Prime Daruma, Michael demiurgas(this is an old character but I've just recently read that from DC) , Fudo myoo, Hogoromo etc
For now but EOS Jin woo is literally MFTL at the end of novel.

He is also far too hax for anyone in NNT

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany

BurlapJack

Reaction score
Country
United States
In fact, there are little to one who actually gives a damn about Arthur even after his revival. It's still doesn't fit to the story very well, and looks so alien.

But I don't know if lots of people other than Mal fans want him to use another godly power which was always dormant within him, but He wAs ToO AfrAiD oF UsINg iT for no reason.
False on so many levels... Literally talked about before and after his revival all the time, on threads he wasn't even supposed to be mentioned on