- Joined
- Nov 24, 2005
- Messages
- 1,189
- Reaction score
- 127
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I'll Give It My All... Is another great title.

I buy any manga that interests me regardless of the demographic, but yeah, I am more likely to buy a shorter Seinen series than a long running Shonen. The only long running Shonen I am collecting is One Piece. 58 volumes and going, I can't really afford to invest in another like it. Among the Seinen in my collection are the complete series of Pluto, 20th Century Boys, REAL, A Bride's Story, Vagabond, and Eden:It's An Endless World!. I plan to continue buying these ongoing series and eventually add Akira, Berserk and Blade of the Immortal to my collection.Just wondering, do any of you guys here also buy (or have the intention) to buy seinen manga?
I actually used to buy a shitload of shounen manga in English, but along the way I kept getting better at Japanese and at one point I figured "Okay, I still want to be buying manga, but these long-running shounen manga have to go."
Reasons such as: shounen being pretty easy to read in Japanese due to furigana - long running series tend to lose their drive, and thus are an unsure investment - most plain suck when you think about it
But the reason I still buy some seinen manga now and then is because I feel they need to be supported all the way. Plus it's kinda nice when you have a bookcase filled with stuff that is bound to go out of print. :m
One such manga I'm currently buying is Twin Spica published by Vertical. Though maybe hard to classify as seinen when you read it, it's definitely one of those I like to call "bridging" series. Not just between shounen and seinen, but I think even shoujo. I don't think many readers know about it, granted there was an anime adaptation at one point but it sucked pretty hard. Definitely enjoying the heck out of it, and I highly recommend it to people who like wholesome manga such as YKK (looks at Matt's sig), Piano no Mori, A Bride's Story, and so on.
Haha, yeah I remember the olden days when I wanted to rally for an English licensed version of YKK. I should really get the original books at one point...YKK is one of my favorite series and I would sell my soul to be able to add that to my collection. I doubt it will ever get licensed though.
Do you know about bookdepository.com? I'm not sure if they ship to Macedonia, but they offer free international shipping.Oh if only I could! My country is not that developed to have manga distributed here, in any language, the only way to get them is the Internet, but that also is tricky since most of the Internet is quite expensive when it comes to stuff like that, when I went to Germany I tried to buy some in that language but sadly I could not find, i do understand that well enough to read.
Even shounens are not distributed here, seinen would be like books banned form the church, seriously it would weird people out and stuff but even if it does arrive people will not spend money to buy them, not a good business.

Amazon ships world wide. That's where I buy most of my manga since Borders shut down. Or you could just go to college in an English speaking country since you seem to read and write English well enough.Oh if only I could! My country is not that developed to have manga distributed here, in any language, the only way to get them is the Internet, but that also is tricky since most of the Internet is quite expensive when it comes to stuff like that, when I went to Germany I tried to buy some in that language but sadly I could not find, i do understand that well enough to read.
Even shounens are not distributed here, seinen would be like books banned form the church, seriously it would weird people out and stuff but even if it does arrive people will not spend money to buy them, not a good business.