Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

Easter Bunny

MH's Cutest Bunny
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2013
Messages
50
Reaction score
42
Gender
Hidden
Country
Christmas Island
Easter Is Coming...

Hello dear members of MH, a quick post to invite you take part in the Easter Egg Hunt:



Click on the image or follow this link to sign up. Hope to see you there~

EB:vbunny
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Looking at Dora-kun's sig, I was reminded of Saint young men. And when I looked it up, it's already 8 volumes in Japan. But Edited Manga is only up to the third volume. I even thought it was already complete but apparently it's still ongoing?
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Anyone here ever read Peepo Choo by Felipe Smith? I got the books after reading a scanned version of the first volume, and it is pretty nuts. Plus the underlying social commentary makes it a lot more deep than you'd think at first.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Ey, I just wanted to invite you to the collective reading of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. In my sig the links to the respective thread.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
anybody read Natsu no Zenjitsu? 17 chapters out so far, and I friggin love this series. Like Honey and Clover but seinen.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
anybody read Natsu no Zenjitsu? 17 chapters out so far, and I friggin love this series. Like Honey and Clover but seinen.
Yeah, i read it, the recent development was unexpected
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I really thought nobody else here read it- given it's some kind of awesome, and nobody seems to react lol. I'll probably be interested if they made an anime of this. But that will be in the far future, when the story has more material.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I read chapter 1 yesterday...
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I really thought nobody else here read it- given it's some kind of awesome, and nobody seems to react lol. I'll probably be interested if they made an anime of this. But that will be in the far future, when the story has more material.
As you know, the Seinen section is rather inactive, so i rarely post here since there is nobody that answers.
I doubt that there is ever going to be an anime for this. The series is just too low-profile and the release schedule is too irregular, despite "good afternoon" being bi-monthly. Even if Koi Kaze, a different title from the same mangaka, has already been adapted (just noticed that, i knew the art was familiar), that title had more exposure and a controversial topic (a real incest story).
Nevertheless, i really like the manga, especially the dynamic between Tetsuo and Akira (and i somewhat see myself from 2-3 years ago in Tetsuo) and i am always looking forward to a new chapter.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well its like you can forgive the guy for whatever he's thinking because he's an artist. he can getaway with anything, imo. haha
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'm currently reading the Viz edition of Saturn Apartments, and it's grown on me immensely. I think those few scanlated (and very poorly translated) volumes don't do it justice at all. So definitely give it a proper try, and buy the first book or two.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yes it is like Yokohama, a bit of sci-fi, lots of slice of life. And I really like the clear art of the mangaka and her round face characters.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yeah it's really cutely drawn. I loved the couple, Sohta and Kayo, a lot!
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hum, you have to remind me. I read the serie one year ago from the library and I'm bad with names. Is that the couple with the big bald guy or the brown engineer with glasses (or another) ?
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Sohta's the guy whose name everyone keeps forgetting (so yeah, the engineer with glasses); and his wife Kayo is the one with the curly hair. <3
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
There will be 2 special chapters of Mushichi in the next 2 Afternoon. I hope they get translated even if it is a bit optimistic.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The final round of the Community Awards have finally started! :mono Everything will be decided now, so it would be great if as many people as possible make some time to vote in the different categories =)
 

Ryuzaki L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
397
Reaction score
240
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Hey guys, I recently started reading Prison School, and I'm wondering if there is a discussion thread for it here ?
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I just completed all the available chapters of "Oyasumi Pun Pun" ... Fucking epic.
It has been a while since a manga left me feeling like this. Such huge impact. The art is awesome too and I couldn't ask for more when it comes to the story.
I recommend it ! Go read it NAW! :):)
 
Top