Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

Samih

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Suggest a good seinen?

ive only read one, if any. I thought that the Blue dragon manga was a seinen but im not sure. I wanna read something like that plot but with as much nudity or more than the first volume to keep my attention lol (that likely sounded pervy)
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

You should enjoy a great copy of Gantz, it's the perfect fan service manga, from beginning to the end!
 

Shadow8

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

Shigurui is a great manga with 9 volume for the moment and Berserk
 
Last edited:

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

What is Shigurui about?
 

anime02

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

what are you in to? If you want a good romance then toshiue is one of the top out there.
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

That looks mighty interesting!

Kinda like Basilik, which is a great Seinen BTW!
 

Shadow8

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 10, 2007
Messages
39
Reaction score
4
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

That looks mighty interesting!

Kinda like Basilik, which is a great Seinen BTW!
I don't find that this is same, but I find that shigurui is the most violant manga, more than Berserk.
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

I'll sure read it!

It's just that feudal samuraï/ninja stories are a little alike. But thats me!

Also in the list of good Seinen, Blame!
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Suggest a good seinen?

Definity Gantz,Monster,blade of the Immortal, Dangu, 20th Century Boys
 

soomoo14

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone know the title of a short-manga by the creator of GANTZ? (based on description only)

It was serialized in Young JUMP. This was back in.... 97 or 98..

I'm PRETTY sure that the artist was the guy who did HEN & GANTZ.. (but databases don't reveal anything about this short).. the artwork was unmistakeably his though, so I'm 99% sure..

Anyway, here's how the story went. The setting is in a high school. The two major characters are a withdrawn nerd (sorry, that's the only thing I can remember of him. that he was one of those archetypal "nerd" characters, so that's what I'll call him) and a stuck-up popular girl. A group of guys (and the nerd) somehow get the girl to meet them at the nerd's house. Then they attack her and rape her. The nerd hides her in his closet for a couple of days while feeding her. The girl seems to warm up to him, so he later takes her to an amusement park and crap. Finally, he lets the girl meet her parents. She runs to her parents and never looks back. Back in school, she says something to friends, and the nerd panicks and jumps out the window and kills himself. The girl just looks nonchalantly at the dead body's boy.

If anyone knows the title of this manga, please tell me. Thank you.

And if you have a link to scans, omg I would be forever grateful..


pls ignore my previous post. i found what i was looking for.. lol after all these years.. geez louise..

anyway, it's called Black, a collection of short stories by Hiroya Oku.
 
Last edited:

loh1991

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Re: Anyone know the title of a short-manga by the creator of GANTZ? (based on description only)

is it this ?
if not you could search for it here
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: need good seinen romance manga

Somebody should merge the suggestions threads....they're spreading like the virus in Blame! !
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Blame! ; Weird but strangely addictive.
Monster; Go read it, don't waste time.NOW!
Gantz; Completely addicted.
Homonculus; Deeply refreshing, not as gore as Ichi, wish they could do a movie, it would be great.(thanks to xi0 for this one)
Bio-Mega; Weird but little clearer than Blame!
Berserk; I feel obligated, people would be very mad if it's not in this list!
Priest; Wow...So good, I had to buy the series.
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Hard to decide... my favourite seinen would be 20th Century Boys or Planetes. Both are brilliant, though the plot of 20CB is deeper and more worked than Planetes' one. I specially like the development of the main characters (Kenji and Hachimaki, respectively) along the volumes.

I also loved both scenarios: a post-apocaliptic Japan where most of the people is lost and don't know what to do (20CB) and a world where the Space is covered with trash and Earth's countries try to survive while rich people keep developing new tecnologies (Planetes).

Besides, both mangas leave us a large reflexion about life, about society, about relationships and people, about love... I like reading something that makes me think, and not just gives me a show (like Gantz).
 

Hollow Kurono

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
2,067
Reaction score
64
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

Gantz

Well for starters my only seinen manga.And my favourite manga of them all.As TheGenius said im addicted to it.The plot is just what i was searching for all my life (:D) the main hero is a guy who i wanted to lead a story for a very long time,the creator is amazing to.I actualy cant explain it,but i love Gantz.

Sheard said:
1. GANTZ - Probably the most "mature" manga that I've read so far... It definately has far more nudity, sex and gore than I normally see. It's been very shocking and disturbing at times, but I don't fail to love this series no matter what it does.
So true.
 

AzureSky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

By far my favorite is Ubel Blatt, and it seems I'm the only one that thinks so. I guess im just a sucker for this type of story. The whole Fairy Tail with the twist plus Koinzell is one of my favorite manga characters. Anyone how hasn't tried reading it, should try it out.

I am also reading Gantz, but I can't really get into that story, and not many of the other seinen's interest me all that much.
 
Last edited:

bebekhappy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
226
Reaction score
5
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

20th CB, monster and pluto are on my list.Urasawa's monster is the first seinen i've read recommended by my friend, great storyline, plot and characters, if it's not for monster i've never build my interest in seinen :tem.
my other fav seinen:
Team Medical Dragon : i only like the artworks at first but then the story keeps getting better and better, so i pretty much hooked up by this series.
Blame! : it's dark, it's weird but it has awesome art :smile-big.
AKIRA : wait! i thought monster was my first seinen seires....nah i just read a couple page of this in junior high, but i never get into it.i re-read it now and it's awesome!!!one of the best.
Zetman : is this shounen or seinen? anyway it's pretty good to read ^^.
DOGS : too bad the author discontinued it.
Bitter Virgin : i don't even know why i like this one, Aikawa...she's too cute :redface.
I also read vagabond and gantz, i stopped reading vagabond for the moment and save it for later, but i'm not sure about gantz.
 

squidbreath

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

dogs bullets and carnage (scanned by MangaTranslation)
27 chapters-ongoing

That's the continuation of "Dogs" btw. Too bad it comes out monthly - long waits with chapters that r a bit too short:( . But anyways, I love the characters and the art is amazing. Story's a bit hard to follow though, had to read it quite a few times before I understood some parts of it.
 
Top