Hangout MH Shounen Hangout

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

It seems that Kubo uses big titted girls to grab attention. I was discussing the situation long ago with a friend, and she said(which I agree btw) that if you want to become popular nowadays, draw Naruto/Sasuke or draw female characters with big boobs.

Plus, the pace in Bleach has become stale, IMO, especially in battles.
Though it seems like Masashi is doing the same in the meanwhile. Besides Tsunade (cup size G XD) we've got Hinata and now Samui (F at least :p).

And I agree with you saying the battles are too extended and appear to be boring. Which is because Kubo draws too big panels :darn
 

1TrueSensei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
1,363
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

Though it's off-topic and probably will be deleted, I'll stand up in Bleach's defense on this one. Reading Bleach weekly takes away from it's quality because Kubo does stretch his story out. It's much different from when he first started writing the story, when each chapter could stand on its own.

Reading them in lumps, like every 10 chapters or so, does make the story more enjoyable. I'm not the only person who thinks so. So in the end, it's not that Kubo necessarily has a worse writing style than Kishi, it's just that it's different.

P.S. It is a shonen, so *ahem* well-endowed women are kinda a given. A good author can make the story enjoyable without them, but be honest with yourselves gentlemen (I'm talking strictly to the guys on this one): how many of you stuck with Naruto from the very beginning after seeing the Sexy/Harem jutsus? 'Nuff said.

Kishi has gone past needing those plot devices, but that's because he developed the story so much.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

Reading them in lumps, like every 10 chapters or so, does make the story more enjoyable. I'm not the only person who thinks so. So in the end, it's not that Kubo necessarily has a worse writing style than Kishi, it's just that it's different.
Agreed. Kubo has a very different pacing of storytelling which makes Bleach enjoyable to read in a batch (a whole arc) instead of weekly. I read it 1-2 times per year >.>
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
that must suck for a weekly manga....I mean having chapters that don't stand out alone, don't they have ratings for each week?
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
actually it's ok to read weekly ~ you have a lot of time to discuss things that may happen and so :tem
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
I think Bleach would be better as an anime.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
'would'? :blink

The Bleach anime is pretty fun. Though, I have all longer running anime stalled for the time being. To me, for shounen anime adaption, Kenshin OVA, Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist take the cake. Not just great manga but also great animation. Kekkaishi and the non-filler episodes of D-Grayman are close behind them <333

Can't think of any other shounen manga based anime atm, that I enjoyed much *thinks*
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I think Bleach would be better as an anime.
actually it's ok to read weekly ~ you have a lot of time to discuss things that may happen and so :tem
@TDA: can not agree with that. Imo you could make a comparison with movies. As I never (mostly it is) expect a movie to be better than its book, I'll never expect an anime to better than its manga and certainly not action shounen.

@evil3ye: I second to what you say. I think it's fairly ok to read it weekly but I can understand people reading a batch
 

Marq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
629
Reaction score
119
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach (manga) is pretty much Dragonball Z's anime in manga form, the fights just drag on too much. I used to be a fan of Bleach, I just read it with very low expectations. Kubo can draw fight scenes well, but his backgrounds are so stale. Hopefully when he finishes Bleach, he goes back to ZombiePowder.
 

Black_Vegeta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
54
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
The GetBackers anime was so much fun, and had some great fillers. Plenty lulz were had especially with Ginji ......
Busuo Renkin anime is almost, if not better than its manga.
Seeing as Bleach is also following some DBZ standards. It's like Ichigo is soon going SSJ3!
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I just want to know if they are still going to make 666 Satan into an anime. That series was really good even though I seriously pissed about the ending. >__>
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
No, it was a fake rumor ;.;

And yes, loved the series too. I miss Jio since he was a awesome character. The end was way to rushed and very unsatisfying, I agree.
 

Stevenh1990

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
169
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When are they going to make Fairy Tail into an anime ?
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey guys,
I just wanted to know your opinion.

Is One Piece really that good?
I'm tempted, but I just want to know if it's worth it because it's a LOT of chapters to read.

Thanks.
 

Elyon A. Luna

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
232
Reaction score
13
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Yes it is.

Whilst the first chapters may not be that exciting, I'd say after the Baratie arc everything starts getting into another level.

But on a better point, you won't feel like the series is jumping up and down alternatively like you sometimes feel with some other series, it really keeps every chapter interesting, good and fresh.

I'll recomend it highly
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yes it is.

Whilst the first chapters may not be that exciting, I'd say after the Baratie arc everything starts getting into another level.

But on a better point, you won't feel like the series is jumping up and down alternatively like you sometimes feel with some other series, it really keeps every chapter interesting, good and fresh.

I'll recomend it highly
Thanks a lot.
Do you recommand the manga or the anime?

I'll definitely see the anime at some point, but is it worth it to read the manga first or are they really similar?

Thanks again.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The anime mostly keeps to the manga, although there are a few (rather good) filler arcs. But why risk pacing issues and bad animation (not to mention the fact that you could read a volume of the manga in the space it takes to watch two episodes, which cover only half a volume, at the most) when you can read Oda's personal work? I'm a purist, so I always read the manga, aside from the other concerns.

But if none of that bothers you, then I guess you may as well watch the anime, since it adheres to the manga. Just make sure to watch all of the first 45 episodes, no matter how much you may wanna drop it around episode 10 or so. Trust me, you'll regret it if you don't watch the whole East Blue Saga, it took until the end of it for the story to come into its own. The equivalent in the manga, should you choose to read it instead, is reading the first 11 volumes, no matter how much you may wanna drop it around volume 4.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
:rofl

(tnx@ttx for upping this page of H2 <3)
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
:rofl

(tnx@ttx for upping this page of H2 <3)
lol, you've gotta love Adachi. He's always making fun of himself in his mangas.
 

Meromorphe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
206
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Ooh, I've read some oneshots recently from <insert right name> Jump.

Blust by Murata-sensei. I read somewhere in the volumes of ES21 that he says that the main achievement in being mangaka is to meet mangakas he has always looked up to. I found this reason pretty weird, but now I understand when I see this tribute to old mangas and other comics. The hero flying makes me think of astro boy, nuclear power in his hands (if I understand right) is a classics of the 60s, there is a made-up name for a country and curry. Who nowadays will use nuclear as a basis for such small power centers? (How do you stop radiations?!!) I will be surprised if they decide to make a serialization from it, but who really knows?

Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou. When reading it, I did not know where to focus. The first guy that is introduced does not seem to be the main character, which is rather absent and does not have anything interesting in him. So, the story was rather unattractive to me.

Akazukin Eliza by Kano Yasuhiro. That was gorgeous. I really like the clothes she wears (when she has ones). The story was funny and parodic.
The grandma is full of doping products
Special mention to those dreamlike and gigantic creatures near as big as mine's.
 
Last edited:
Top