Hangout MH Shounen Hangout

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
The shounen section got a little revamp last night, as you can see :p

Discussion threads that aren't aimed at a specific series have to go to the Otaku Cafe from now. The demographic boards will be focus on the one-thread-per-series-schema. But we're not that evil to chase our shounen fans completely off into the mixed-demographic discussion section - so here's the MH Shounen Hangout for the more commonly shounen talk!

(And I'm sincerely sorry to merely recycle the text from the MH Seinen Hangout ._.)

Feel free to chat about "boys manga" in general and don't forget to invite the girls as they're big shounen fans too! Discuss shounen magazines, authors & artists, the Edited Manga scene and meet other shounen manga lovers and fans of sonyeon manhwa and boys' manhua as well.

Have fun!
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

It all depends on how long Naruto goes ;)
Naruto finishes, if people don't find other addictions....It'll be a sad reality for manga forums. Not kidding.... see the other sections, they have 1/10 of Naruto section activity. I don't know much about other places, but the main generator is always Naruto.
It's a cash cow for everyone.

I can't remember correctly, but I think it was Naruto that made fansites go corporate back in the day...I remember DBZ, SM, Slayers, Kenshin days, with one site master who ran a small *business*...
But the last 8 years it has been huge and more company like...
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

It all depends on how long Naruto goes ;)
Naruto finishes, if people don't find other addictions....It'll be a sad reality for manga forums. Not kidding.... see the other sections, they have 1/10 of Naruto section activity. I don't know much about other places, but the main generator is always Naruto.
It's a cash cow for everyone.

I can't remember correctly, but I think it was Naruto that made fansites go corporate back in the day...I remember DBZ, SM, Slayers, Kenshin days, with one site master who ran a small *business*...
But the last 8 years it has been huge and more company like...
as much as I like the people here, once naruto is over, I have no reason to come to this site...kinda sad.

but there will always be something else to replace naruto...there has to be, right? But you're right...only other manga I read is gantz, and the gantz section is usually dry...I check up on it, but hardly post or even follow the posts there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nat

Belisar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
506
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

one piece, bleach, claymore, reborn..... the whole naruto section moves to these forums and makes the same we did with naruto.

and see there, there will be bleachtards, reborntards, claytards and onetards. ^^
 

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
7,516
Reaction score
6,348
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Korea
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

I guess you will have to force yourself to read OP once Naruto finishes.
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

nevaaaaa!
Reading shoujo seems cool though, next to berserk (they fit perfectly) :kukuku


Ps, Bleach is slowly dying....lol.

w0rd...
 
Last edited:

Belisar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,940
Reaction score
506
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

nevaaaaa!
Reading shoujo seems cool though, next to berserk (they fit perfectly) :kukuku

Ps, Bleach is slowly dying....lol.

w0rd...
*bleaagh* shoujo :notrust
 

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
6,660
Reaction score
1,578
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

one piece, bleach, claymore, reborn..... the whole naruto section moves to these forums and makes the same we did with naruto.

and see there, there will be bleachtards, reborntards, claytards and onetards. ^^
if I haven;t begun to read any of those by now, chances are I never will...

I guess you will have to force yourself to read OP once Naruto finishes.
meh...I tried reading bleach. I've given that manga many chances, and it repeatedly succeeded to fail to impress me. OP, well, I think that manga looks stupid. THat's my shallow reason for not reading it.

nevaaaaa!
Reading shoujo seems cool though, next to berserk (they fit perfectly) :kukuku


Ps, Bleach is slowly dying....lol.

w0rd...
only thing bleach had going for it were the big breas....well, can't think of anything. What's berserk about?
 

Asusp3v4x

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
889
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

C'mon Belisar... you know you want Shoujo muahauhauhauha
 

Kravmaga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
832
Reaction score
356
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

only thing bleach had going for it were the big breas....well, can't think of anything. What's berserk about?
Just another manga... but without the triple G rating.
 

nat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
2,132
Gender
Female
Country
Bermuda
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

only thing bleach had going for it were the big breas....well, can't think of anything. What's berserk about?

How can we say it.......?
Well....extreme gore, mature themes and kickass characters..and some more gore and mature themes :nod.

Plus the main character is actually strong, Gutts is awesome and so is Skull knight :drool
good art though....sometimes out of this world...
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

Don't slander 'bout Bleach! :o it's not thaaaaat bad xD

Though I think Naruto is more "shojo" than Bleach :XD
 
Last edited:

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

Don't slander 'bout Bleach! :o it's not thaaaaat bad xD

Though I think Naruto is more "shouji" than Bleach :XD
Bleach ain't that bad, but it ain't that great.
Part I was addicting, Part II was a shadow compared to the first part, IMO.

I wonder when will a Hollywood-made Naruto Movie come out?, since there is a big chance it will.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

Bleach ain't that bad, but it ain't that great.
Part I was addicting, Part II was a shadow compared to the first part, IMO.

I wonder when will a Hollywood-made Naruto Movie come out?, since there is a big chance it will.
I'm also a little bit bored of the Bleachstory atm. I just find the characterdesign is way better than in Naruto.

- - - - -
Hell no! But I think they'll take the time an wait until the manga is finished, they won't dare to bring out sth that horrible in the near future. Or will they? will THEY?? :o
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

I'm also a little bit bored of the Bleachstory atm. I just find the characterdesign is way better than in Naruto.

- - - - -
Hell no! But I think they'll take the time an wait until the manga is finished, they won't dare to bring out sth that horrible in the near future. Or will they? will THEY?? :o
They are butchering what ever left of Dragon ball. Plus Naruto is very very popular around the world, just look how many fans there are.

*shivers....they will milk the series like the Anime is doing now....
 

lazyboyrod

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
2,026
Reaction score
45
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

I guess you will have to force yourself to read OP once Naruto finishes.
lol yeah OP is going to go on for like 1000 chapters
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

Don't slander 'bout Bleach! :o it's not thaaaaat bad xD

Though I think Naruto is more "shojo" than Bleach :XD
Man, I only read Bleach like once a month or so, and I only download the anime in batches of like 30, so I don't watch it for like 6 months, then watch it all at once so I can skip over the boring shit and cut to the chase.

This last "Orihime is superpwn" arc is...it's fucking boring. The anime of it is/will be good, but it's been happening for what, like two years and it's still the same shit happening? I'm glad Naruto doesn't spend as much time on side characters as Bleach does.

And dodn't even try saying "Oh the Sasuke crap" because Sasuke is a main character. But who the hell are the big tittied fodder in Bleach?? There needs to be...I don't know. But the constant fight scenes with no story...it gets old fast in manga form. :darn
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

This last "Orihime is superpwn" arc is...it's fucking boring. The anime of it is/will be good, but it's been happening for what, like two years and it's still the same shit happening? I'm glad Naruto doesn't spend as much time on side characters as Bleach does.

And dodn't even try saying "Oh the Sasuke crap" because Sasuke is a main character. But who the hell are the big tittied fodder in Bleach?? There needs to be...I don't know. But the constant fight scenes with no story...it gets old fast in manga form. :darn
Actually, Kishimoto does not spend any time on side characters at all, I don't know if it's that cool, too. IMO fans of Anko (or so), who hasn't appeared for.. hmm.. lemme think.. like 300 Chapters (?) are sucked as well.

Also I don't see a big deal with "the bif tittied fodder". If you're talking about Matsumoto, who had a fight vs Halibels fraccions, then I can't understand why are you complaining that much, it was at most 3 Chapters :D ~ comparable to Tayuya vs Shikamaru (whos not a main character!!!!)..

Also sarry said, it remindes him on the DBZ tournament fights or so.. just remember the Chuuninexams ;)
The only difference here is Naruto's had that in the first big arc, Bleach in the 2nd.
 

Baron Hugenstein

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
618
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

Actually, Kishimoto does not spend any time on side characters at all, I don't know if it's that cool, too. IMO fans of Anko (or so), who hasn't appeared for.. hmm.. lemme think.. like 300 Chapters (?) are sucked as well.

Also I don't see a big deal with "the bif tittied fodder". If you're talking about Matsumoto, who had a fight vs Halibels fraccions, then I can't understand why are you complaining that much, it was at most 3 Chapters :D ~ comparable to Tayuya vs Shikamaru (whos not a main character!!!!)..

Also sarry said, it remindes him on the DBZ tournament fights or so.. just remember the Chuuninexams ;)
The only difference here is Naruto's had that in the first big arc, Bleach in the 2nd.
It seems that Kubo uses big titted girls to grab attention. I was discussing the situation long ago with a friend, and she said(which I agree btw) that if you want to become popular nowadays, draw Naruto/Sasuke or draw female characters with big boobs.

Plus, the pace in Bleach has become stale, IMO, especially in battles.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

one piece, bleach, claymore, reborn..... the whole naruto section moves to these forums and makes the same we did with naruto.

and see there, there will be bleachtards, reborntards, claytards and onetards. ^^

right now dragonball z is the gold standard for me because it was my first. after it ended i didnt think anything could replace it, but naruto its fast approaching the top spot.

i would like to think something could replace naruto, but i dont anything will EVER compare to the brillance that is naruto
 
Top