Final Match Mikasa Ackerman vs Holo

Who is the ultimate Waifu?

  • Mikasa Ackerman

  • Holo


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
How so? No, Mikasa is more widely known by people, and I bet more than half of her voters only vote her because they know her and not her competitors. So Mikasa definitely has the popularity going for her, as evident from reaching the finals.
Even when she faces off people like Saber and Rindou? :blink
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Even the most level-headed, proper pro-Mikasa posts revolve around Eren rather than Mikasa, so my point still stands. What makes Mikasa a great waifu if we leave out how devoted she is to Eren, if we leave out how protective she is towards Eren, and how cute she acted once in the entire story towards Eren, and if we take out Eren in general?
I'm not bashing, nor making stuff up without knowing. I just don't seem to find any posts that accentuate these potential aspects of the character. That's the reason I call her a resemblance of Hinata. Hinata was a nobody without Naruto. I have yet to run into a pro-Mikasa post that makes me think Mikasa is a great standalone character.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
See that's where you conveniently close your eyes. Just because something is your best quality doesn't make it your only quality. Mikasa's qualities have been listed several times throughout this entire competition and in this particular thread as well. But just because a few people decide to bold the word "devotion" suddenly that's all she has going for her? :nah

And it's ironic saying "the vast majority of waifus would be like that" in regards to Mikasa when it's Holo who's actually like all the other waifus. She's "fun" and "laughs a lot" "friendly" etc. isn't that the whole gist of the anti Mikasa campaign? That she's not any of those things? That she has no personality?

Some guys like the basic housewife type (stays home and cooks, cleans etc). Some like the adventurous type. Some like the devoted type. So saying you haven't seen what would make Mikasa a great waifu is a matter of preference, I accept that. Acting like Mikasa has no waifu traits just because it's something you personally don't like is another story altogether.

@Lambu im not attacking you. This was for the thread in general :XD
Those who said that Holo is fun and friendly while Mikasa lacks personality in comparison are not anti-Mikasa, they are Holo supporters. Mikasa is clearly the most devoted, you posted the definition of devotion before. But devotion is something you would expect from a partner in the first place. And what of the rest? That's where she falls behind Holo on several levels for her supporters.

You would not call someone you want as a partner boring and Holo is anything but boring. I say it again, no one actually bashed Holo because of her personality, and there is nothing that really stands out when people praise her. For Mikasa, her devotion always stands out.

It is not that every supporter think that Mikasa is boring, but that she is boring compared to Holo. Holo has several qualities and they blend well together, Mikasa has also her qualities but it is mostly a big amount of devotion, because that devotion overshadows the rest.

Balance is the key here :cop.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I'm lost, isn't the event called Waifu Wars? Why is Mikasa's devotion for Eren under scrutiny in an event where people are supposed to choose their favorite fictional wife? :notrust Not exactly saying that she's a flawless character, but out of all her possible criticisms, you pick on the one which is the foundation of this event.
R-E-A-L-L-Y?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,858
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm lost, isn't the event called Waifu Wars? Why is Mikasa's devotion for Eren under scrutiny in an event where people are supposed to choose their favorite fictional wife? :notrust Not exactly saying that she's a flawless character, but out of all her possible criticisms, you pick on the one which is the foundation of this event.
R-E-A-L-L-Y?
I don't think people are counting that as a flaw. More that it's her core defining trait without enough backing it up.

Teasing Battou aside, I don't actually hate Mikasa. I even voted for her last round. But if the conversation becomes about character depth she's at a disadvantage because when you dig down into who she is as a character there isn't a lot there besides Eren. You take away that and what's left? It's not that her devotion to Eren is a problem so much as how little she's got going on outside of that.

It's the same as one of the many arguments against Hinata. Without Naruto what is she as a character?
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Even the most level-headed, proper pro-Mikasa posts revolve around Eren rather than Mikasa, so my point still stands. What makes Mikasa a great waifu if we leave out how devoted she is to Eren, if we leave out how protective she is towards Eren, and how cute she acted once in the entire story towards Eren, and if we take out Eren in general?
I'm not bashing, nor making stuff up without knowing. I just don't seem to find any posts that accentuate these potential aspects of the character. That's the reason I call her a resemblance of Hinata. Hinata was a nobody without Naruto. I have yet to run into a pro-Mikasa post that makes me think Mikasa is a great standalone character.
Not fair comparing "cuteness" when one universe is made of pure suffering while the other isn't, of course mikasa wont act cute all the time, they are fucking dying there's no time for that. Eren doesn't revolve in all of this, in fact, eren is what all the people going against mikasa bring. Eren this eren that, the people voting for mikasa had tried to make it about her, yet people still bring eren back to the discussion.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Eren doesn't revolve in all of this, in fact, eren is what all the people going against mikasa bring. Eren this eren that, the people voting for mikasa had tried to make it about her, yet people still bring eren back to the discussion.
Kinda like the arguments against Hinata eh? :kappa

Though I find it hard to disagree with them. Mikasa isn't a standalone character, and the more you see of AoT the more disappointed/bored you get with Mikasa.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
Not fair comparing "cuteness" when one universe is made of pure suffering while the other isn't, of course mikasa wont act cute all the time, they are fucking dying there's no time for that. Eren doesn't revolve in all of this, in fact, eren is what all the people going against mikasa bring. Eren this eren that, the people voting for mikasa had tried to make it about her, yet people still bring eren back to the discussion.
So why do I find Armin so cute?
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I don't think people are counting that as a flaw. More that it's her core defining trait without enough backing it up.

Teasing Battou aside, I don't actually hate Mikasa. I even voted for her last round. But if the conversation becomes about character depth she's at a disadvantage because when you dig down into who she is as a character there isn't a lot there besides Eren. You take away that and what's left? It's not that her devotion to Eren is a problem so much as how little she's got going on outside of that.

It's the same as one of the many arguments against Hinata. Without Naruto what is she as a character?
Oh, it isn't really about hating Mikasa as per se (I also admit to hating Hinata), it's more of picking out one characteristic then making it out to be a bad flaw, when this event is about choosing who would make your best wife, or everyone's best wife. I can get other criticisms, but this is the one I don't get.
Mikasa does love Eren, but I don't think its fair to act like her life revolves around him, or she makes all her decisions based around him. I actually feel unlike Hinata, the Eren devotion is the one that's being extrapolated here to make it look like its a blight on her character, that's what I don't exactly find in order here. She has shown interactions outside Eren, such as with Armin and Levi. Eren just happens to be her most important person. Isn't that normal for people who have someone they love? You have your most important person, then others come second.
Seriously, crucifying Mikasa for acting pretty normally seems a little unwarranted here, could just be me but it's reaching out unecessarily.
Does that make sense?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,858
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, it isn't really about hating Mikasa as per se (I also admit to hating Hinata), it's more of picking out one characteristic then making it out to be a bad flaw, when this event is about choosing who would make your best wife, or everyone's best wife. I can get other criticisms, but this is the one I don't get.
Mikasa does love Eren, but I don't think its fair to act like her life revolves around him, or she makes all her decisions based around him. I actually feel unlike Hinata, the Eren devotion is the one that's being extrapolated here to make it look like its a blight on her character, that's what I don't exactly find in order here. She has shown interactions outside Eren, such as with Armin and Levi. Eren just happens to be her most important person. Isn't that normal for people who have someone they love? You have your most important person, then others come second.
Seriously, crucifying Mikasa for acting pretty normally seems a little unwarranted here, could just be me but it's reaching out unecessarily.
Does that make sense?
I don't think anything is wrong with devotion as a character trait per say but there needs to be an interesting character outside of that.

Like I'll use the easy example of Rem(who never should have lost to Beatrix:nerve). She is every bit as devoted to Subaru as Mikasa is to Eren. But you take away Subaru and there is still an interesting character there. A demon girl consumed by the guilt of what her sister sacrificed for her sake and a fear of not measuring up to the person her sister could have been.

Mikasa doesn't have that kind of thing. Her devotion to Eren is what defines her.

You seem to think we're exaggerating things. So you tell me. Who is Mikasa in a world without Eren? What makes her interesting? If you can give a good answer to that then maybe we are wrong about her but I can't think of one.
 
Last edited:

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
You seem to think we're exaggerating things. So you tell me. Who is Mikasa in world without Eren? What makes her interesting? If you can give a good answer to that maybe we are wrong about her but I can't think of one.
Being the best soldier in her year? For a first, kind of like what Neji and Sasuke were in their years in Naruto, and what Todoroki is in Boku no Hero Academia. That should account for something, right?
 

Potatoe-Titan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
198
Reaction score
263
Country
Germany
There was a moment where she thought Eren is dead, at first she was on a suicide mission but in the end she kept on fighting. So even without Eren she fought and cared about others, she helped to get out of the shitty situation they were in and helped or even saved other people.

But I really understand why most people think that way of her. Snk doesn't shows much of the characters free time, they are always in action or on a mission (in most cases this means -> safe Erens ass). Only exception is the second OVA, but it's not focused on Mikasa, we only see her training.

That being said, if Eren wouldn't be, Mikasa would be a female Levi IMO.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
There was a moment where she thought Eren is dead, at first she was on a suicide mission but in the end she kept on fighting. So even without Eren she fought and cared about others, she helped to get out of the shitty situation they were in and helped or even saved other people.
Isn't it implied that's because of that brain-hax Eren put on her when he told her to live on or something? It always showed that yellow flash.

But then again haven't read shingeki no kyojin in a while
 

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
Being the best soldier in her year? For a first, kind of like what Neji and Sasuke were in their years in Naruto, and what Todoroki is in Boku no Hero Academia. That should account for something, right?
Plus shes
one of the only two alive Ackermans who are the by product of titan science and Ackermans are pretty important to the story but theyre still a big mystery,this is a part of why shes interesting to me
But ofc she has nothing besides Eren :cookiehand
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
I don't think anything is wrong with devotion as a character trait per say but there needs to be an interesting character outside of that.

Like I'll use the easy example of Rem(who never should have lost to Beatrix:nerve). She is every bit as devoted to Subaru as Mikasa is to Eren. But you take away Subaru and there is still an interesting character there. A demon girl consumed by the guilt of what her sister sacrificed for her sake and a fear of not measuring up to the person her sister could have been.

Mikasa doesn't have that kind of thing. Her devotion to Eren is what defines her.

You seem to think we're exaggerating things. So you tell me. Who is Mikasa in a world without Eren? What makes her interesting? If you can give a good answer to that then maybe we are wrong about her but I can't think of one.
After losing her family to murderers, after almost being sold as a sex slave, she becomes the best soldier in her group, the second best soldier humanity has, she also has traumas, where do you think her 'obsession' with eren that everyone points out comes from? from the trauma of losing her family,she doesn't want to experience that again. She's strong, both physically and mentally, as potato titan said, when she thought eren was dead, she was indeed about to give up, but decided to keep on living without him, so there's that.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,326
Reaction score
24,938
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
What makes mikasa interesting you say? What is mikasa without eren you say? The first thing to consider here is that no one in his right mind even brings up eren in a convo about mikasa... I mean, what the actual fuck?

As for what makes her interesting... Well, imagine you have a tank, a katana and a dragon. And you straight up put those in a mega blender. And from that you extract and concentrate pure unadulterated badass. And that you put in the womb of a woman for 9 months. The baby that is born from that would be mikasa. A being conceived straight out of badass. Just look at how mikasa handles herself when fighting titans. While her peers were pissing their pants at the sight of one she made killing titans look like a crippled child could do it.

What does holo do in turn? Rob an otherwise innocent and presumably decent man? Pee everywhere to mark her territory? Lick her genitals? Just spay the damn bitch so that she calms the fuck down at least.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Well, I have been on the Internet for a long enough time to know that Mikasa has been mocked by people over the course of SnK for her "obsession". It's nothing invented during this contest. As shallow as it may fall for you, it still is related to her personality directly, and can be debated upon within such.
If you want to see the real pitchfork, it's against Holo and her animal features, which is by no means related to her personality whatsoever.
I guess some people here are really optimistic, arguing with "She has a tail, eww", and expecting us Holo fans to be reasonable in return (Even though this obsession wasn't specifically fabricated for this contest; actually, you can just google "Mikasa obsessed" and see people discussing this, anyway).

Not fair comparing "cuteness" when one universe is made of pure suffering while the other isn't, of course mikasa wont act cute all the time, they are fucking dying there's no time for that. Eren doesn't revolve in all of this, in fact, eren is what all the people going against mikasa bring. Eren this eren that, the people voting for mikasa had tried to make it about her, yet people still bring eren back to the discussion.
I'm not comparing their cuteness. By the way, cuteness isn't the same as fluffiness. Characters can be cute in serious settings, as well. But that's another point.
I only brought that "shows cuteness once" part up, because I have run into that multiple times by now in pro-Mikasa posts. So, if anything, it has been Mikasa fans desperately trying to say "Oh look, she can be cute, too", not me.
And personally, my emphasis regarding Holo has never been on her cuteness, despite that being an obvious aspect. It's the wisdom she has, along with her playful personality that makes her a winner in my eyes.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
There was a moment where she thought Eren is dead, at first she was on a suicide mission but in the end she kept on fighting.
when she thought eren was dead, she was indeed about to give up, but decided to keep on living without him, so there's that.
Tbh, I talked to Vici about that before I read the manga, and now I feel that this part is slightly different there than from the anime.
She didn't simply go suicidal and gave 0 fucks to people after motivating them. She didn't decide to give up for a moment and ignored her peers.
She tried to get people to survive and then became reckless, realizing LATER what she was doing. She was devastated, and that got to her, she realized later the extension of it.
She's freaking cunning and charismatic - you need both to pull that out. That's why I called people shallow, if they think that charisma is only about being funny, smiling, etc. You need a lot of charisma and presence to be able to boost morale and inspire others the way she did - the super shitty context they were in is a bonus to that achievement. She's also a tender girl and has shown it.
As I keep saying, I'd want a partner I can look up to - and I didn't even mention her combat skills. Someone that would pull me thru at times. Funny comments I can find here with you fuckers and I can get a smile spams anywhere, honestly. If Holo is mostly that, then she's not unique.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top