Discussion - Mirajane Strauss thread | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mirajane Strauss thread

Does Mira have a new takeover form in 100YQ arc? And what would it be?

• Total voters

One4All

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Mira must have some fetish with heads or she just want to end the battle by destroying her opponent's skulls.:cheez After all,brain is very fragile. And maybe SKULLion will be in trouble next chapter.:super

I wish Sensei makes some spin-offs for Mira and her journey with her takeovers.Lucy too on how she trained herself with her stardresses.

Anyways,Minasan merīkurisumasu!!🎄🤶

IamtherealMirajane

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Guys did the manga mention what happen to the strauss parents?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Guys did the manga mention what happen to the strauss parents?
I only remember Lisanna said to Natsu or whoever "lucky of you Natsu. You have experienced parental love. I have never experienced it, but having Mira-nee and Elf-niichan is enough. They are very kind to me and I never feel so lonely." or something along those lines. Though I dont remember if it's in the manga, cuz I watched it in the anime

Last edited:

IamtherealMirajane

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I only remember Lisanna said to Natsu or whoever "lucky of you Natsu. You have experienced parental love. I have never experienced it, but having Mira-nee and Elf-niichan is enough. They are very kind to me and I never feel so lonely." or something along those lines. Though I dont remember if it's in the manga, cuz I watched it in the anime
I hope we get to see the back story of their parents. How they died? Or Did they really die?

Kouichi

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Guys, do you think Madmole will be beaten by Mira? And let Gray handles Skulluon? I honestly wanted Mira to beat Madmole atleast so that she could prove herself she's on the level of a spriggan atleast.

Point is we need feats to back up she is without offpanel and handicap fights. Sorry @Jko for doubting bae. XD

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Guys, do you think Madmole will be beaten by Mira?
If she beats Madmole, then she is on the level of base Natsu that's what he was compared to by Wraith. If by some luck Madmole beats Mira he is above Jacob.

Kouichi

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
If she beats Madmole, then she is on the level of base Natsu that's what he was compared to by Wraith. If by some luck Madmole beats Mira he is above Jacob.
If thats the case she is now a sprig level right? Like the likes of Ajeel.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Guys, do you think Madmole will be beaten by Mira? And let Gray handles Skulluon? I honestly wanted Mira to beat Madmole atleast so that she could prove herself she's on the level of a spriggan atleast.

Point is we need feats to back up she is without offpanel and handicap fights. Sorry @Jko for doubting bae. XD
I see her on the level of Twelve. Twelve is grouped into high rank and low rank, Mira is low rank. She defeated Jacob, who is low-ranked Twelve.

Kouichi

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Aaaaaaah I just thought she isn't because I was told she couldn't beat Jacob without handicap on the enemy side. I'm excited on the incoming chapter, hoping it'll focus on DE's.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aaaaaaah I just thought she isn't because I was told she couldn't beat Jacob without handicap on the enemy side. I'm excited on the incoming chapter, hoping it'll focus on DE's.
Her handicap was way more massive than Jacob and his only handicap was him not using his hax. It was shown that he can fight while blind bcs he can see presences. Sure he didn't use his hax but like she couldn't even use her magic so it is a pretty moot point. Plus like every S12 didn't use their hax effectively lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let the bae's hype flow through you. I doubt she is going to get beat as every other FT member is looking like they are going to beat their DE counterpart. Natsu beat Wraith, Laxus beat Kiria, and Wendy is making Nebal power up while she is only in Base. I think Mira has this in the bag tbh.

Last edited:

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Her handicap was way more massive than Jacob and his only handicap was him not using his hax. It was shown that he can fight while blind bcs he can see presences. Sure he didn't use his hax but like she couldn't even use her magic so it is a pretty moot point. Plus like every S12 didn't use their hax effectively lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Let the bae's hype flow through you. I doubt she is going to get beat as every other FT member is looking like they are going to beat their DE counterpart. Natsu beat Wraith, Laxus beat Kiria, and Wendy is making Nebal power up while she is only in Base. I think Mira has this in the bag tbh.
Jacobs handicap was much more massive than Mirajanes. Jacob presence ability only works on seeing ghost not while fighting blind. Him fighting blind is a considerable weakeness he himself states out of his own mouth. Mirajane also used Magic against Jacob as we see this on panel. He never used his transport or stealth ability and proceeded to fight Mirajane blind.

Mirajane even comments she doubts she would have won if he didn't close his eyes:

Let me put this into perspective. This is would be similar to Lucy using Magic fighting Brandish who uses no magic and only fights Lucy in H2H. I find it hypercritical how people downplay Lucy vs Brandish by saying Brandish wasn't really trying but proceeds to hype up Mirajane vs Jacob in which case Jacobs never uses his ability that makes him deadly and fights with a considerable weakness.

Mirajane has some nice powers and abilities but I think people tend to overplay her battles. I would love to see her actually being powerful and not facing off against lackeys or nerfed characters.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jacobs handicap was much more massive than Mirajanes. Jacob presence ability only works on seeing ghost not while fighting blind. Him fighting blind is a considerable weakeness he himself states out of his own mouth. Mirajane also used Magic against Jacob as we see this on panel. He never used his transport or stealth ability and proceeded to fight Mirajane blind.

Mirajane even comments she doubts she would have won if he didn't close his eyes:

Let me put this into perspective. This is would be similar to Lucy using Magic fighting Brandish who uses no magic and only fights Lucy in H2H. I find it hypercritical how people downplay Lucy vs Brandish by saying Brandish wasn't really trying but proceeds to hype up Mirajane vs Jacob in which case Jacobs never uses his ability that makes him deadly and fights with a considerable weakness.

Mirajane has some nice powers and abilities but I think people tend to overplay her battles. I would love to see her actually being powerful and not facing off against lackeys or nerfed characters.
No, it is not. Being able to use 1 spell is a far bigger disadvantage than fighting blind which again he is not as he can see her presence and land hits on her.

Mirajane is modest of her own power and was out of freaking magical power lol.

Jacob tried to kill Mira, while Brandish literally was stated to hold back and throw the fight.
Two different scenarios. Jacob also did use stealth as shown in the anime.

There's nothing to overplay. She was able to beat an S12 with the bare minimum of magic. That is a pretty insane feat which gets downplayed.

Last edited:

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, it is not. Being able to use 1 spell is a far bigger disadvantage than fighting blind which again he is not as he can see her presence and land hits on her.

Mirajane is modest of her own power and was out of freaking magical power lol.

Jacob tried to kill Mira, while Brandish literally was stated to hold back and throw the fight.
Two different scenarios. Jacob also did use stealth as shown in the anime.

There's nothing to overplay. She was able to beat an S12 with the bare minimum of magic. That is a pretty insane feat which gets downplayed.
You are overplaying. First off that is anime only. Also in that clip he runs into tree because he can't see which is clearly not him fighting seriously. Also I already pointed out it being canon fact that is a considerable weakness for Jacob. I gave you the panel with him stating this. Mirajane even states it helped her out alot. Also where does Mirajane state she was out of magical power while fighting him? All this battle indicates is Mirajane is able to defeat a nerfed Jacob. He never used Transport and only used Stealth with his eyes closed which made in run into trees. Mirajane tanking his punches and Kicks are no impressive than when Natsu and Lucy did it. How is this impressive?

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
You are overplaying. First off that is anime only. Also in that clip he runs into tree because he can't see which is clearly not him fighting seriously. Also I already pointed out it being canon fact that is a considerable weakness for Jacob. I gave you the panel with him stating this. Mirajane even states it helped her out alot. Also where does Mirajane state she was out of magical power while fighting him? All this battle indicates is Mirajane is able to defeat a nerfed Jacob. He never used Transport and only used Stealth with his eyes closed which made in run into trees. Mirajane tanking his punches and Kicks are no impressive than when Natsu and Lucy did it. How is this impressive?
Nah, you just downplay her. Hiro Mashima was stated to have a hand in the anime. It is the reason why the anime added in elements to the story bcs they could not fit due to time constraints i.e. Acno backstory. This means it is canon. Just like DBS and Boruto have canon animes. Blindness was not a weakness as stated by Jacob himself and it is his ultimate technique. Did you watch the video? She literally stated she only has enough magic for one move lol. Why do you think she was fighting in Base the whole time??? You mean a nerfed and hurt Mira beat a perfectly healthy Jacob as he had his full magical power and no injuries bcs he had rest after the fight with Natsu unlike Mira who got tortured by the top 2 S12s the night prior while she had no magical power to defend herself. He only ran into the trees bcs the terrain changed and then said it was only a hindrance until he adjusted to it which he did after the first slip up lol. Please, Comic read the text. Jacob manhandle base Natsu and tanked a combo attack with minimal injuries. Natsu also felt necessary to take him out with FDKM which he has yet to use any form on par or more than FDKM in the 100YQ on anything less than God tier. Jacob was also going to kill Lucy had it not been for Natsu's interference.

An S12 name alone also give recognition of the feat. S12s while at a fraction of their power only could give Gild a bloody lip and fight on par with Rogue and Minerva. Mira at a fraction of her power overpowered an S12. That feat is a high level feat as she did that with barely any magical power.

Last edited:

Kouichi

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
No, no. You just dont credit Mirajane's feats here. No one's trying to overplay. When Mira and Jacob fought, there aren't much trees around in the battlefield they were fighting. When they changed terrace after the Universe One gets dispelled, that's the time they got transported again and Jacob be hitting on a tree.
You can see these panels

I would admit that Jacob is at disadvantage, but so is Mira.
Mira doesnt have MP to fight much with Jacob since she should have resorted Base Satan Soul if that's the case. But she didn't. Til she used it as a finisher with an attack.
Jacob can still hit Mira and use stealth just what was shown in the anime.

AmitDS

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Elfman and Lisanna took down a spriggan and Erza with Bisca's help was able to take down the same spriggan while Laxus was implied to be possibly above this very same spriggan, Ajeel, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for one to say that Mirajane at that time could stand up to one of the 9 weaker spriggan shields, ignoring Mirajane vs Jacob. I mean I can personally see her performing similarly to Erza vs Ajeel before Marin and Bisca intervened to skew the match.

Now adding this in and taking it into consideration, her performance against Jacob in terms of durability, hand to hand and her ability to ration her last reserves of magic to end him with a BSS attack, in addition to her currently being hyped as above Gray and Gajeel who beat spriggan with help and plot assistance, a year after Alvarez attacked, also imo support this.

She's currently hyped as above Gajeel and Gray so a year ago she'd likely have been above them at that time too so I don't doubt she could have performed better vs Bradman especially considering her type of magic (demon take over vs a demon) than Gajeel. The fact that Gray was able to counter Invel because his particular molding magic affected Invel's True Ice Kamui (ice make manipulating ice) would also support that Mira, had she been stronger than Gray, would have been able to defeat Bradman as her powers seemingly counter his own as well.

Last edited:

IamtherealMirajane

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Guys how strong is BSS ?

Actually im gettting confused with its power.

J&H > BSS
BSS>=Jacob
BSS=Skullion

AmitDS

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Guys how strong is BSS ?

Actually im gettting confused with its power.

J&H > BSS
BSS>=Jacob
BSS=Skullion
She used BSS to finish Jacob when they were strictly fighting hand to hand for a while so it shouldn't really be brought up here, I think.

BSS is her standard and weakest form just like Erza in heavens wheel for example. Skullion is not using DF so this is his weakest form or standard form as well. H + J are a team and each of them might be around BSS level i.e. Mirajane's weakest form from a year ago and since it's a team and they work well together it made them overwhelm BSS more (that and plot needed to reveal alegria). As Mirajane grew stronger, her BSS grew stronger as well over the years so the power has changed. BSS now is likely stronger than H + J and likely strong enough to compete with a spriggan from a year ago, until it gets to an all out, full powered fight which may require higher forms. Skullion is probably below spriggan level without his DF active hence it would allow him to tie with BSS.

As it stands current BSS seems to be stronger than current base Gray and even DeS Gray, judging from their fights against Skullion while I feel Elfman in his strongest forms would be below DeS Gray judging from him being equal to Madmole who lost to Natsu the 2nd time without POF kicking in.

People say Mira had an advantage unlike Gray vs Skullion but what I find funny is that:
1) These same people also say that since Mira's fight was off panel we can't say anything about feats, how the fight went and if Skullion did as much as he did vs Gray. Hypocrisy.

2) If I recall correctly, Gray was able to counter his ash power with his freezing for a while so it didn't seem like ASH > ICE naturally, rather it seemed like Skullion > Gray as they kept turning ice to ash and then ice to ash until Skullion revealed his strongest move thus far and ended it while Gray's didn't seal it for him so Gray didn't have a disadvantage while Mira has some unknown advantage because of her type of magic as people claim/imply.

Last edited: