Discussion - Mirajane Strauss thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mirajane Strauss thread

Does Mira have a new takeover form in 100YQ arc? And what would it be?

• Total voters

Ultimateasus

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fujairah
Does Mashima hate Mira?
Ever since her fight with Freed she never got a good fight and sometimes he makes her look weak when she is supposed to be stronger. Erza stole her fight with Azuma because Mashima loves her. With Seilla, I was extremely annoyed when Mira was defeated easily (and wanted to assume that Seila is the strongest demon or at least as strong as Mard Geer), but then Mira controlled Elfman and somehow a surprise attack from him is enough to damage and kinda defeat Seilla. It seemed like Mira continued to fight her off panel though until they didn't have any more strength (but this is not enough) and of course they entrusted Erza with the fight with the stronger demon again.
Anyway, I really really hope that Mira can finally get a chance to shine in the Alvarez arc. I will be satisfied with her beating a Sprigan mostly by herself or with little help.

Last edited:

Stormsfury

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever since her fight with Freed she never got a good fight and sometimes he makes her look weak when she is supposed to be stronger. Erza stole her fight with Azuma because Mashima loves her. With Seilla, I was extremely annoyed when Mira was defeated easily (and wanted to assume that Seila is the strongest demon or at least as strong as Mard Geer), but then Mira controlled Elfman and somehow a surprise attack from him is enough to damage and kinda defeat Seilla. It seemed like Mira continued to fight her off panel though until they didn't have any more strength (but this is not enough) and of course they entrusted Erza with the fight with the stronger demon again.
Anyway, I really really hope that Mira can finally get a chance to shine in the Alvarez arc. I will be satisfied with her beating a Sprigan mostly by herself or with little help.
Not sure if he hates her or not, but he usually downgrades Mira's panel time in favour of Erza because he likes Erza more, this is apparent, they were once rivals and now Erza is way ahead of her, we can also see this with Natsu and Gajeel

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I've always thought that Mira was behind Erza because of the 2 years (?) she couldn't use her MP properly and thus fell behind. So I've never had the expectation that Erza = Mira.

But with the timeskip the Strauss siblings have all stated they've trained over the year. This leads me to believe that Mirajane could rival Erza IF Hiro allows it. It wouldn't be BS if Mira was equal in my eyes, it just means she trained harder. Plus we know that Mirajane has MiraSayla now, so that is an upgrade in itself. Obviously would want to see her fight first before getting behind Mira=Erza.

I would like it more if Mirajane was on her own rather than with her siblings all the time. Or Mira with someone else. Like Laxus.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Plz Hiro do not put Lisanna anywhere near Mira's fight bcs we'll know she's definitely going to lose if her sister with her because her fodder sister will get in the way again :pout. I just want to see Mira shine bcs she's one of the characters that deserve it. Imo Mira >= Erza. Mira always had the potential to be the strongest female wizard but Mashima always shoehorns her fight with that Lisanna bs.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I would like it more if Mirajane was on her own rather than with her siblings all the time. Or Mira with someone else. Like Laxus.
I would've definitely love that :zomg

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It seems like Mirajane always has bad luck when she is in a fight.

Mirajane vs. Azuma was an unfair fight. First of all, Mirajane was in a bad condition. Second, she had a time limit. Third, Lisanna was captured which had a bad effect on Mirajane. Mirajane should've had a fair chance against Azuma. If she had, I'm pretty sure she would've defeated him.

I'd agree with @Jko, I'd put Mira equal or slightly above Erza.

Kiki

S-Slave
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Ultimateasus Thank you for making this thread (I won't explain why I say this lol)

I don't think Mashima-sensei hates Mira. It's because Mira is just a supporting character and Erza is a main character in this series (together with Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Happy, Wendy, and Carla). So this is first stage why Mira looks like weaker or doesn't look like as equal as Erza, or even stronger than Erza.

If I remember correctly, Erza achieved S-Class title earlier than Mira, while they are coeval. This was one of indications that Erza was stronger than Mira. And her 2 years of emptiness made her even much weaker... It's not like Erza and Mira developed together and then Mira was left one step behind Erza because of Mashima-sensei's intention. From the beginning Mira indeed was weaker than Erza.

:teehee

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@ahmadrizqik
You're welcome. But...

I would appreciate it if you didn't made the kind of comments that makes me curious. lol.
Isn't that obvious? Judging from my ava.. Hahaha. Ah... you make me say this.

Ultimateasus

Reaction score
Country
Fujairah
Isn't that obvious? Judging from my ava.. Hahaha. Ah... you make me say this.
Is it shameful to say that she is your favorite character? :eyeroll.
Anyway IMO she is a much better character than Erza but her siblings are her downsides. Also, her power is much cooler and looks stronger than Erza, demonic powers >>> mere requips. But I guess as everyone said, she is unfortunately a side character not a main one like Erza.
But a side character like Sheria defeated a Sprigan, so there is hope for Mira.:super

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
What?!! No.

Erza and Mira did not take the S-Class exam in the same year. Erza got S-Class first because she was elected first. Makarov says in order to be a candidate, you have to have the strength and personality. Makarov always favored Erza's PoF personality more than Mira's badass personality when they were younger.

So using S-Class Exams is invalid. Mira never lost to Erza in a real 1 on 1 fight. Mira always loses her battle because of a 3rd factor. Erza's battle is always fair or Erza uses PoF. I don't see how you guys can compare the 2 when obviously one of them is favored a lot.

A real Mira fan would know this.

Kiki

S-Slave
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Is it shameful to say that she is your favorite character? :eyeroll.
No no it's not :D Yes, she is one of my fav chars :hearts

But a side character like Sheria defeated a Sprigan, so there is hope for Mira.:super
Definitely agree with this. Even if Elfman and Lisanna are around (which I won't complain it because Strauss siblings battle formula is about love of a family), I hope the portion is: Mira 98%, Elfman 1%, and Lisanna 1%, of defeating a Spriggan :D

Last edited:

thegreatkamui

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
What?!! No.

Erza and Mira did not take the S-Class exam in the same year. Erza got S-Class first because she was elected first. Makarov says in order to be a candidate, you have to have the strength and personality. Makarov always favored Erza's PoF personality more than Mira's badass personality when they were younger.

So using S-Class Exams is invalid. Mira never lost to Erza in a real 1 on 1 fight. Mira always loses her battle because of a 3rd factor. Erza's battle is always fair or Erza uses PoF. I don't see how you guys can compare the 2 when obviously one of them is favored a lot.

A real Mira fan would know this.
you know i want mirajane take over gray demon soul and then she can use ice to feed gray what a nice combination

Synn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I've always wanted to see more of Mirajane, too. Her fight against Seilah was kind of depressing for me and she's only been fighting fodders so far in this arc, but I'm hoping she'll have her big moment against Bradman or one of the two mysterious Spriggans.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does Mashima hate Mira?
I agree to a certain extent. He always has her say things like "Erza is the strongest woman of the guild."

If he could actually show that Erza was the strongest woman of the guild, instead of backing himself into corners with poorly written PoF Erza fights, maybe I'd believe it. To be completely honest, it just looks like bad damage control on the author's part. No disrespect to the author, but for him to say Erza is stronger than Mira has absolutely no meaning to me at all anymore. Taking out all of Erza's BS and Mashima's stupid bias, I'd say they're completely equal with Mira being more powerful, but Erza having more "determination" and tenacity.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Where can I find the information that Hiro said that Mirajane is stronger but Erza has more determination?

Laxus

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Mashima confirmed if Mira and Erza fought back in FF Arc (all out fight) Mira would have won.

Mashima simple forgot about Mira.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Mashima confirmed if Mira and Erza fought back in FF Arc (all out fight) Mira would have won.

Mashima simple forgot about Mira.
Is there a link to this?

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since where getting close to her confrontation of a S12 lets have a prayer circle that Lisanna is far away from her fight and that she doesn't get copped out of a win. Mira deserves an awesome battle.

Ultimateasus

Reaction score
Country
Fujairah
Since where getting close to her confrontation of a S12 lets have a prayer circle that Lisanna is far away from her fight and that she doesn't get copped out of a win. Mira deserves an awesome battle.
However the situation looks bad for her team. They are facing 3 Spriggan and one of them holds the strongest title (along with August) + most likely related to Erza which is bad news for Mira. Also the only capable member of the team alongside her is Gajeel.
I predict that if Mira fought one of the 2 other Spriggan then she will have a chance to shine but if she fought Irene then it will be an unfortunate repeat of the Azuma fight.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
However the situation looks bad for her team. They are facing 3 Spriggan and one of them holds the strongest title (along with August) + most likely related to Erza which is bad news for Mira. Also the only capable member of the team alongside her is Gajeel.
I predict that if Mira fought one of the 2 other Spriggan then she will have a chance to shine but if she fought Irene then it will be an unfortunate repeat of the Azuma fight.
I hope she doesn't fight Irene bcs I want her to win. It would be better if Mira and Gajeel defeat the two S12 and then get taken out by Irene. I would be satisfied with that.