Mag Talk - Monthly Shounen Rival (Shounen Mag by Kodansha) | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Monthly Shounen Rival (Shounen Mag by Kodansha)

ahoyazi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
China
In the official website didn't see any information, Is that news true?

Last edited:

DeidaraGrimmjow

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure but Koenosaki said that on some French website they had some news about it. I'm not getting my hopes up though...

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
There actually is a page in last month Rival about it at the back of MHO . . . but . . . well, I doubt Heiji scanned it, if people still question if the rumor is true or not . . . *shrug*

Basically, it said that . . . yep, Mashima-sensei is up for a new series serialized in Rival. I believe the information about it will come in the upcoming Rival, since all the announcement in last month issue said that more information is to come in the next issue . . . sorry for not being of much help . . . >_<"

. . . I'll post in this thread once I get next month issue then . . . about whatever information there is in that magazine regarding the new series . . . if you want it, that is . . . >_>"

Heiji-sama

Mashima Hiro New Serie Information in Shônen Rival #08 (04/07).

Kôdansha, Shônen Rival #07 :
Hontô ni Atta! Reibai Sensei :

Illustration (Hokazono Masaya) :

Otôto Catcher - Ore Pitcher de :

Kindaichi Shônen no Jikenbô - Tobikomi Pool no Akuryô :

Shibatora :

Buster Keel :

Akatsuki :

raikou

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
akatsuki and buster keel looks interesting. And is reibai sensei a new series?how many series in shounen rival now?

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
More Kindaichi is always awesome. It's running in The weekly mag and rival now huh? And on top of that, it seems a group of subbers is FINALLY going to pick up the anime. This is great news for a Kindaichi fan like myself. :)

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think it's just a color page or special of some sort. Shibatora too.

Yama!

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Otouto Catcher Ore Pitcher de! #04:

Probe reading first 7 pages (in Japanese/ from Volume 1): http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/kc/comic_tameshiyomi.html?isbn=9784063800043&t=parchase

Tsumuji VS #01:

Probe reading first 7 pages (in Japanese/ from Volume 1): http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/kc/comic_tameshiyomi.html?isbn=9784063800548

Magatsuhi Dot Com #02:

Probe reading first 7 pages (in Japanese/ from Volume 1): http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/kc/comic_tameshiyomi.html?isbn=9784063800272

Honto ni Atta! Reibai Sensei #02:

Probe reading first 7 pages (in Japanese/ from Volume 1): http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/kc/comic_tameshiyomi.html?isbn=9784063800203

Buster Keel! #02:

Probe reading first 7 pages (in Japanese/ from Volume 1): http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/kc/comic_tameshiyomi.html?isbn=9784063800340

Meitantei Pashiri-kun! #03 (Last Volume):

Probe reading first 7 pages (in Japanese/ from Volume 1): http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/kc/comic_tameshiyomi.html?isbn=9784063800050&t=parchase

Akatsuki #01:

Probe reading first 7 pages (in Japanese/ from Volume 1): http://comic.bitway.ne.jp/kc/comic_tameshiyomi.html?isbn=9784063800555

Last edited:

Galactic Tomahawk

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Magatsuhi looks really interesting.

Anyone know what it's about?

Rejuvenation

Reaction score
Country
United States
A lot of these series look interesting. A shame Raws don't show up for them.

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Somebody have info about I ♥ Badminton (2008 one-shot) and Hoope! (2009 manga series)? Both created by "Sawatake" (沢太郎). I'm looking for the raws too and hope some group will scanlate them.
I can't exactly recall "I love Badminton", but I'll try fumbling through my pile of Rival and see it for you then. >_<"

As for HOOPE!...guess no one scanned the raw...yet...but that series just started like 2-3 months ago though, iirc. >_<"

Sorry...I'm not interested in sport manga, so I overlooked all those. >_<"

Horsee

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Thank you so much in advance! I really appreciate it! :)

I just found this right now:
I ♥ Badminton!! - 2008年 05月 (2008-04-04)
HOOP! 01 「ねばぎば」 - 2009年 05月 (2009-04-04)

Last edited:

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I can scan you I love Badminton...I think...since I think I still kept the very first issue of Rival. Just have to set up my scanner and PC a bit...and it's just an oneshot, so I guess I can work it out for you...>_<"

But...sorry. I'll pass on Hoope though. As I said, I don't like sport manga that much, and I don't want to continue doing it for a long period of time, taken that there aren't that many Rival scanner around here who might be willing enough to take this onwards after a few chapter, even less when it comes to raw provider who are willing enough to give new series a try. Rena told me that she's going to go back and concentrate on her group's releases now and will probably lose interest in scanning things from Rival as well...and I'm on the verge of stopping scanning any more raws, and as you all know, Heiji won't pick up new series unless it's in something like WSJ or it gets more than 200 fans count or something (aka. only popular mangas and mangas with such potential. At least that's as far as I observed.), which I doubt will happen that quickly with Hoope. I can scan you maybe the first chapter if you want the prologue of it, but I don't think I'll continue on with it though. >_<"

Horsee

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
I would be very grateful if you scan the Badminton one-shot and the first chapter of Hoope!. I understand, if you won't scan the whole series the rather that you don't like sports manga. And I really appreciated even if you scan the very first chapter only. So thank you in advance. I can wait, so don't do anything in a hurry. Just when you have time to do that! ;)

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I am still scanning Rival, but only series that I'm interested in. But don't expect them fast. I don't intend to take more than that, except to maybe also cover holes and stuff. Because of the unneeded drama with Rival, I'm really tired, pissed off and rather do stuff that doesn't have drama, like working on Eternal's releases. People can't even let me do what I want without shooting me off for no particular reason. I'm doing this for the manga Edited Manga community and try to promote and see if the series can gain a fan base. Anyone that thinks so otherwise and that I'm doing this to satisfy myself can just go rot, because this is the first sign that people have stopped being appreciative for things that we've all done.

Ju-da-su

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, like I said, I spend more time looking at FLAGS grow than seeing how much download counts I get for the series I upload. I'm a lot more proud with the slowly growing numbers of fans for the new series that I upload more than download counts anyway. Plus, I don't know where can I look at the download counts in MU as well...not like I care. *shrug*

Strange thing how people start to think that I care about that stupid count all of the sudden...while I hate numbers and anything that involving counting so much. I can bet that my head won't last a split second looking at those evil numbers, and I'm not idiotic enough to give myself an unnecessary headache from those piece of crap. *sigh*

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I thought for you raw scanners the most important key element to scan a serie:
people's interest: translator, Manga Editor

Would you scan something that wouldn't be translated? Anyway I do agree with Ju-da-su about Flags: it was thanks to him iirc I kinda discovered this serie with some potential

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
What series I pick to scan depends on my interest. If I want to read it, I scan it, and hope someone would do it. But you won't know if anyone would work on a series if you don't scan it either. But if no one takes that first step, then a potential manga that might be great won't get a fan base either.