Fullswing Volume 1 and 2...NOTES & CORRs
No offense whatsoever to the guys who translated volume 1 and 2, but I think they lack notes. And a couple of
][edit]けっこうあった・・・(汗)・・ sentences are obviously way off.
So I would like to correct them, and add notes
I'll post all of 'em here this weekend.
Here ya go. Volume1 stuff

Volume1 Notes
Chapter1
Page8
Panel3
Sawamatsu: What was his favorite death chant?
→★You loved Ozakis songs, didnt you? (お前尾崎の曲すきだったよな・・・)
★Ozaki
http://nippop.com/artist/artist_id-96/artist_name-yutaka_ozaki/
Panel 5
Saruno: Take this! Kinniku
.
★*Kinnniku・・・What is supposed to follow is Kinniku-mans wrestling move.
Page18
Panel1
Sawamatsu: Dont worry, macho guys like that get lots of girls.
→★Dont worry, macho guys get lots of macho-loving girls.
(安心しろ マッチョはその道の人たちには大モテだ。)
Page25
Panel4 to 6
♪Ran ra ra ra ra ran~ wow its like Im walking through a golden field.
★Famous song used in Nausica of the valley of the wind directed by Miyazaki Hayao. The song is played during the climax scene where the princess is supposedly dead but soon healed by some insects glowing feelers. As she awakes and rises to her feet, the sheer number of glowing feelers supporting her make it look as if she was walking in a field of golden wheat. ★From my experience, Japanese kids love to sing this song jokingly when they are pretending to be dying or tripping.
Page33
Panel3 Sawamatsu: hey hey you a *horse?→*draft horse
Panel5 Saruno: He enjoys that kind of stuff.
→★Dont worry, he was a Tsukemono(pickled veggies) in a previous incarnation.
(アイツの前世はつけものですから。)
Chapter2
Page7
Panel2 Saruno: You only care about one thing→Literally: Thats the kind of perversity that makes me hate you guys, lead-in-his-pencil-planet 's residents"..
(これだからやりたがり星人は)
Page14
Panel 1 That was a new enemy stand. ★A reference to JBA
Chapter3
Page1
Panel1
Sawamatsu: So todays lesson is the totally understanding girls and getting a girl friend technique. This technique has been tested well and known work on..
→★Literally translated: So todays lesson is Understanding girls character from their choice of ringing melodies. Contrary to what wed expect from girls using out-dated melody, they are actually push over for aggressive tactics
.(着メロからの検証女の性格丸分かり彼女GET術というわけで・・・着メロが古い子は意外に押しに弱いとの説が・・・・)
Panel2
Saruno: I dont need there stupid lessons you stole from some how to book.
→★I dont need
..how to book and the magazine Hot-Dog-Press*
(先生のホットドッグプレスからまんま持ってきたみたいなクソの役にもたたんハウトゥはいりません。)
(*A magazine which had played an important role of cultivating youth culture. Catering to young men.)
Page 2
5-seconds before they seriously kill each other* (まじで殺りあう五秒前 Maji de YARI au gobyoumae))
★ *A parody of well-used phrase 5-seconds before we seriously love(fall in love) each other.(まじで恋する五秒前)Also 殺る(yaru) is a slang for kill and ヤル(yaru)is for make love. So, in this phrase, 殺りあう(
yariau)="Kill each other " ヤりあう(
yariau)="make love" That explains why they are naked?
Chapter4
Page5
Panel6
Saruno: In my plot idea, I am a chosen one who has a baseball shaped mark on my body..→★Another reference 2 JBA? Everyone in Joestar family has star-shaped-mark on their left shoulder.
Saruno: Since the time I could walk I was already friends with the ball
.
→★Since the time I started toddling, I was already friends with the ball.
*Obviously reference to Captain Tsubasa
(ヨチヨチ歩きを始めた時すでにボールと友達なんだ)
Panel7
Saruno: I can throw 150KM/H underhanded and my bro dies in a car accident the day before the finals.
→★Obviously a reference to H2 (By Adachi Mitsuru) .
Page7
Panel1
Saruno : I have to meet with the 5 people from deep spector today
→★I have to meet 5 people whose hair styles look like Dave Spector's*
(Dave Spector is a celebrity(TV performer) working as a commentator in news program today . He is from Chicago. Famous for his antic of cracking jokes(puns).) (今日一日でデーブスペクター頭の人五人会わないといけないもので)
Also, beside his head:ターちゃんパーマ:Permanent wave like Ta-chans*. *Ta-chan
.the protagonist of a manga ジャングルの王者ターちゃん (The king of the Jungle, Ta-chan) by Tokuhiro Masaya. So Ta-chan's hair style looks like Dave's....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUCbCUVvdHU&search=Ta%20chan
Panel2
悦:Satisfied
Page8
Panel4 Show us the potential of someone born in the 80s
→★Well show you the potential of us, born in 90s!
(平成(1989~)生まれのポテンシャルみせてやんよ)
Page11
Panel4
Saruno: Im gonna duel you boys all night!
→★Definitely a Reference to Yu-GI-Oh!. (徹夜でテメーらとデュエルしたるわ!)
Page12
Panel2
Sawamatsu: Heres the
YURI cards I promised.
→★Aww......No, YURI cards, NO!
YU-GI-OH cards!!!!!!!!!!!
(は~いみんな約束の遊戯カード)
Next to Saruno: Dont show your parents..
→★Why, with purest childlike expressions on your face. You won't wear an expression like that even in front of your parents, eh?
..(親にも見せんよーな無邪気な面しやがって)
Page18
Panel 4 : -Find the heads of Deep Spector
→★Find people with Dave Spectors hair style
..
Chapter5
Page11
Panel1
Saruno: Take this, death to pervert beard! (エロヒゲ危機一髪)
→★Parody of Black beardy, watch out!(黒ヒゲ危機一髪) A toy produced by Japanese toy company.
http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/kurohige/
Page19
Panel1
An average high school cant even throw 8 meters.
→★High school average record for short put is around 8 meters.
(高校生の砲丸投げの平均が8M前後なんです。)
Chapter6
Page10
Panel4
Saruno: Who did you call ugly? (だれが元いいとも青年隊だって?!)
→★Who did you call an ex-member of Iitomo youth group*? (*Assistant groups of a TV program, Iitomo(いいとも))
Chpater7
Page3
Panel4
Saruno: Hes got a face thats like Kimura Takuya plus the second bro of the Dango brothers* and then subtracting Kimura Takuya.
*
http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/cool/99-01-03/dango.html