my first color | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

my first color

_ATMA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
this is my first attempt at a color i used photo shop 7 it took me about a total of 5 hours but about 2 hours of real work -.- my family kept bugging the hell out of me asking me to do stuff lol

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
its a little flat, isnt it? i think you should mark the nose, using shadows or something... and why are her eyebrows a different colour than her hair? using blue eyes instead of her usual greenish ones isnt bad, just a personal touch... ^^

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
in the drawing she had no nose lol this is the orig page i took it from

http://atomic.omegafusion.net/~atma/coloring/08.jpg

i used the last frame it was the most simplistic frame i could find to color lol

and the eye brows... i didnt even think about XD lol well oops >.> im working on the frame above it this time ;/[br]Posted on: June 09, 2006, 03:09:38 AM_________________________________________________

colored the 3rd frame of page 8 of chap306... i know it looks a little grungy but this is my 2nd time coloring XD lol comments plz?

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
i think it's better already. perhaps you could add some highligths to both face and hair, to make it come a live a little more...? :)
actually, your idea of highlighting the hair isnt bad, but if i were you i would make it a little... broader. the highlighted area, that is.

edit: one last comment on this one: if you look at the original, it looks like she makes a surprised face, right? thus, i would say what you made into her lower lip, is actually her teeth, or possibly tongue... think you can remake that somehow? ^^

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
lee-nus said:
edit: one last comment on this one: if you look at the original, it looks like she makes a surprised face, right? thus, i would say what you made into her lower lip, is actually her teeth, or possibly tongue... think you can remake that somehow? ^^

i could but i forgot about her lower lip there so i just decided to leave it alone >.> im allready working on a 3rd picture XD lol this one is naruto this time it seems i have been draged into the world of coloring >.> lol[br]Posted on: June 09, 2006, 08:45:03 AM_________________________________________________well here it is at 7:45 am .... i have been up all day im starting to get kinda sleepy.... ever since i graduated i havent been able to goto bed early like i used to *sighs* well anyway here is the naruto one i got kinda lazy on it.... lol

.... i really didnt do a very good job x.x i think my 2nd sakura one is way better the only thing i think that came out good on this coloring was the eyes lol

lee-nus

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
did you by chance forget to lock the pixels in each layer? that would explain why the colours are smudged into each other... i agree though, that the sakura picture was better. its great that you are interested and keep trying though. i have only done three myself. you can find one of my works in the For Fun category. it's the 309 cover with sasuke and the snake, and you'll find my username under it, of course... ^^

_ATMA

Reaction score
Country
United States
yea i kep accidently coloring on the wrong layers by mistake x.x