my first coloring 330 page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

my first coloring 330 page 17

smoke

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
this is my first coloring i just wanted to know what you guys thought about it

and please dont pay any attention to the background my main focus was ino,shika,cho also the lineart came from shade

so thats it please comment :smile-big

sorry i put the wrong link up :p

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/920/33017hqui3copyte9.jpg

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
its allright, for a first try. you've put your base colors into it, but no shades? there is some highlighting to it, and that's fine, but in some places you've put highlights where there should actually be shades, given that you have the same light source for the entire image at least.

you should aslo try and color over all those grey pixels. i dont know what program you used for this, but if you use photoshop, it looks like a typical forgot-to-unlock-pixels-mistake to me. if you do use photoshop and use layers, just untoggle the button saying lock pixels and color above them to get rid of the annoying grey pixels.

moreover, you have thickened the lineart a lot in certain places somehow. i suggest you stay consistent with this throughout the work; either you do it all the way, or not at all. it will give a more finished feel to your work. just look at the scroll pockets on shikamaru's chest. i think you'd do a lot better without these superthick lines, especially since shade's cleans are super extra clean and has very thin lines to them.

finally, there are a number of white/uncolored fields in it. color them and try and take in some of what i wrote above, and i think you'll do better next time!

good luck!

enzomars

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
lee-nus said:
its allright, for a first try. you've put your base colors into it, but no shades? there is some highlighting to it, and that's fine, but in some places you've put highlights where there should actually be shades, given that you have the same light source for the entire image at least.
I think that it's more like he used some emboss-deboss filters than he did the highlights.

Still the basing is good. And i'm sure that if you're really interested in coloring ,
we might see some great stuff from you in the coming weeks.

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
enzomars said:
I think that it's more like he used some emboss-deboss filters than he did the highlights.
yeah, i think ur right. didnt really strike me at all that anyone used techs like that for this type of coloring... :O :P