Discussion My issues with Rize

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
This was originally spurred on by a reply on another thread (https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...oing-ch-1-of-tg-with-updated-artwork.3005341/), but I'm putting it here because it was off topic and so that others can offer their views/input.

I don't have a problem with other people liking her, but I definitely don't.. To me, she's just another evil and 'flat' character without anything interesting about her. One could argue that since she got killed off at the very start that we just didn't get a chance to see a whole lot, however, I've lost count of how many times characters have had flashbacks of interacting with her (because it definitely mattered to the plot) and yet we've gotten very little if any development in her character. We didn't even get much from her adoptive father in the flashbacks he had prior to death other than the game-changing info that she (apparently) wasn't a complete cunt as a child, I guess. Honestly, I think at this point we've gotten more development for Miza, Queen of the mole-ghouls. This is same person that got destroyed by the cowardly goth whom, might I add, ALSO got more character development than Rize via the JOKER one shot. These are side characters AT BEST and yet they've gotten more development than one of if not the most pivotal character in the series that's been in the manga since chapter fucking 1.... "Da fuck?" doesn't even cut it for me anymore.

Another thing that I hate about her is that she's another character that's constantly is getting showered in praise from other characters and put on a pedestal for little reason. The reasons we've gotten for her so far are that anything with a dick is attracted to her in the TG universe and that her mysterious aura is just sooo alluring.. Fuck. You. If you want me to be interested in a character and if you want there to be a mysterious aura around them, then it's pretty widely known that it's better to "SHOW," not just tell again. and again... and again. Plus, like I said, it's hardly even anything new or notable that's being told to us.

If you want to see a good example of what I'm talking about, then Berserk's Griffith in the Golden Age arc is a great example. In a similar manner to Rize in TG, Griffith got praised to high heaven; the difference being that we saw him actually make it there and back. Hell, there's even examples of it in TG: Urie and Arima immediately come to mind my mind.
 
Last edited:

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:

Su Tunc

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
228
Reaction score
235
Country
Turkey
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Dragoon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
603
Reaction score
476
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Top