My version of 311 cover, colored | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

My version of 311 cover, colored

enzomars

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Looks so incredible...well done! <3 Keep on with your covers =)

Kusachu

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
i love the hair. it looks great! the subtle lighting is is nice too. XD

Makiyura

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
another krazy one man GG! good work!

kyokyo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Really awesome. I can't choose which one I like better, version 1 or 2 :P I love the lighting.

Mr.Moonlight

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
I like this colouring,, cause you've hit the light just right. But what I think is your weekness is that you use to little shades and big contrast. If you look at an objeck on real life when the sunlight hits like it does on kakashi you will notice, that the part that are hit by shadow are really dark and the brightspots hit by light are really light.. You should try that. It gives a real felling to the colouring.

but still GJ

enzomars

Reaction score
Thanks you all for the nice comments.

@ Mr.M yes you're right , but the fact is that , coloring that particular picture makes me realized that
there's a lot of external factors that can influence the quality of a coloring:
The light , in the room where you're coloring when you're coloring
The settings of your monitor
The kind of monitor you're using , LCD , Plasma or the big box ( kinescope :-)

I started this picture at around 16h30 and finished late at night (exactly when i added the lights an enhanced the shadows) . You'll never guess what was my surprise this morning when i checked how's my picture looking :-)
I couldn't believe my eyes , Kakashi's shirt was all dark with no trace of even a shading on it ( it was very bright in my room this morning , loooot of sun light )
Now am at work , i got a lot of monitors in the boxes in my pseudo-office ( i'm a young network-mngr-admin , hehe IT eng)
and i'm checking the pictures i've seen before on different monitors.
Gosh already tested 2 averagely old LCD models and ... some pictures looks completely different and some are not as
interesting as they where on my flatron at home. My 311 cover looks too bright, too smooth and too blury for my taste
on those LCDs

Someone ( old colorers ) should explain that to us ,and maybe tell us what are the best settings :-p

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
good job, and soft and nice colours! but, i also agree with what moonlight said below. if you push your shades and highlights a little more, it will probably turn out even better!

enzomars

Reaction score
Hmm updated the lights and shadows.

kadoman

Itachi's Hat Maker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WOW! Enzo that is bloody awesome. It really is - the last one. Best I've seen you do so far.

I like how the blanket over his body compliments the reddish (pillow?) in the background. Nice skin tone. I like the shading - it's not heavy handed. And not everyone can pull off the type of shading that Mr Moonlight is talking about (bless im') he has made that kind of shading like his own personal style and you have yours. I like this. It's a softer approach, but there is still strength in the colours.

Only thing is I'm not too wild about the hair which looks a little too defined. But yeah, this is great stuff! Well done!