Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

hmm but who was this little boy with the guitar sitting on a bank when Reira was singing? He looks kinda like Shin, don't you think? Of course it can't be Shin because of the age gap.. but maybe his son? or the other band member's (can't recall his name ><) son?
there have been speculations to who it could be. I think it was also discussed here, you can check the previous posts, Katea. :amuse

But, I'll say my opinion about that... I thought it was Shin's son all this while, since it being a manga, it's hard to show who's child is whom unless you liken it to the parent in the very visible characteristics i.e the hair, the clothes, etc. Like satsuki clearly looks to be Takumi's child because of the hair and the eyes, and perhaps the snotty attitude that I feel about her. Similarly, this child with Reira looks exactly like Shin, hands down.

However, because of the recent turn of events, it gave me doubt as to who the real father is, since we know Takumi never uses protection when he does it, and that Shin being a professional up until Reira, would have been a pro at contraception. So it's really hard to imagine that Shin knocked her up, but very easy to understand if it was Takumi.

btw, the other band mate was Ren. :XD

*nods

I know this is off topic but Baboysai your avatar is really creepy XD
I know, that's why it rocks. :p
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

haha. To every forum I go the mystery boy's identity discussion appears at least once every two weeks. Like Baboysai I was so sure that it was Shin's because he looked like him (really). But now it went back to the possiblity of being Takumi's. But I still think that the possiblity of being Shin's Takumi's or Ren's is equally the same. One of the reasons being Ai Yazawa likes to shake things up and turn the events really suddenly (think I mentioned this before). I think the only way we're going to have a best answer is by just waiting for the next chapter or the manga to end.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I think the only way we're going to have a best answer is by just waiting for the next chapter or the manga to end.
that's agony. :scry
 

Crab Battle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you guys.:) I think Reira is the most important person in Takumi's life at the moment. He even said so in the chapter where he and Reira made out. Unfortunately, I think Hachi will be under Reira as long as she stays with Takumi.

For example, let's say Takumi is a king, Reira is his queen and Hachi is one of Takumi's concubines. To takumi, Hachi is his #1 concubine. Better than the rest, but she still does not compare to his queen, Reira. The queen, Reira, will always take the #1 spot in his heart and because of this the King is afraid of touching her because he thinks he will taint her. He treats her like this pristine, pure perfect being. He's afraid that if he touches her he will dirty her, so he turns to his concubines to release his sexual frustration.

Now, usually he has absolutely no feelings for his concubines. They just exist to pleasure him sexually, but he ends he ends up developing feelings for one of his concubines, Hachi. She then becomes his favorite concubine, but that doesn't stop him from seeing the other concubines.

Hachi may be his favorite concubine, but that doesn't mean she's his #1. That place still belongs to his Queen. The one that he's afraid to touch. :)

Hachi is my favorite character and I can't stand seeing her hurt. I think it would be best if she ended her relationship with Takumi. I can only see constant heartbreak if she were to stay with him.
 

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Hachi is my favorite character and I can't stand seeing her hurt. I think it would be best if she ended her relationship with Takumi. I can only see constant heartbreak if she were to stay with him.
Hi, and welcome.
Im gonna wait over here and let Baboysai eat you alive :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Hi, and welcome.
Im gonna wait over here and let Baboysai eat you alive :D
sorry to prove you wrong, svart. I will not eat her alive. :oh

the argument's pretty stale now. :p My take though is that Hachi is actually quite strong the way she's displaying herself right now, and she's taking things pretty well it's amazing.
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

there have been speculations to who it could be. I think it was also discussed here, you can check the previous posts, Katea. :amuse

But, I'll say my opinion about that... I thought it was Shin's son all this while, since it being a manga, it's hard to show who's child is whom unless you liken it to the parent in the very visible characteristics i.e the hair, the clothes, etc. Like satsuki clearly looks to be Takumi's child because of the hair and the eyes, and perhaps the snotty attitude that I feel about her. Similarly, this child with Reira looks exactly like Shin, hands down.

However, because of the recent turn of events, it gave me doubt as to who the real father is, since we know Takumi never uses protection when he does it, and that Shin being a professional up until Reira, would have been a pro at contraception. So it's really hard to imagine that Shin knocked her up, but very easy to understand if it was Takumi.
Well said, there's nothing more for me to add right now xD *will just wait and see lol*

btw, the other band mate was Ren. :XD
nah I meant the other guy.. with the blonde hair. I really can't recall his name, although it's something easy.. :darn
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

baboysai said:
But, I'll say my opinion about that... I thought it was Shin's son all this while, since it being a manga, it's hard to show who's child is whom unless you liken it to the parent in the very visible characteristics i.e the hair, the clothes, etc. Like satsuki clearly looks to be Takumi's child because of the hair and the eyes, and perhaps the snotty attitude that I feel about her. Similarly, this child with Reira looks exactly like Shin, hands down.
I think i'm on you with this one, i can't bear to think of the other possibility. :darn
And i assume based on the older Ai Yazawa's works, where in Gokinjo Monogatori, the kids that appear at the end really resemble their parents in terms of style and looks. If Yazawa-sensei's style don't change much, that's a possibility that the child is most likely Shin? :nuts
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

nah I meant the other guy.. with the blonde hair. I really can't recall his name, although it's something easy.. :darn
Naoki, am I right?
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

sorry to prove you wrong, svart. I will not eat her alive. :oh

the argument's pretty stale now. :p My take though is that Hachi is actually quite strong the way she's displaying herself right now, and she's taking things pretty well it's amazing.
agreed :)
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

@baboysai: Yep Naoki, thx thx :)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

well you could scroll up the previous posts for the points already presented. And if you have something new to add then by all means, post it. :)
 

Crab Battle

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Well I thought I did add something new in my first post.
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

ToT I heard that the new chapter of Nana will be at April 26th... to long of a wait...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

waaaaaa no march? T_T is Yazawa sick again? :wtf

@crab battle,
well, like i said, that has been pointed out before and I avoid getting into cyclic arguments. :p Unless there's some new development in the next chapter that will make me change my mind, or further strengthen my conclusion, etc.
 

freaky2

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Ouch! Whyyy??? T__T
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I know the agony... one more month to go and a couple of days to go... hmm not sure if Ai Yazawa is sick or not...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Yoh!@ April 26 is a chapter release day for NANA! :occa Expect the trans after a few days ^^
 

xbato

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Yoh!@ April 26 is a chapter release day for NANA! :occa Expect the trans after a few days ^^
really??:o waaaaaaa ive been really waiting for the next chapter, hope it can answer all the questions in my mind pwahaaaha..

salamat!
 
Top