Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i really hope that will be that. i feel reira deserves shin. like, theyd done it so many times but everything will have to go down the drain and end up as bittersweet memories?

and as for taku, its really hard to tell how he felt about hachi...he had told her he loves her but, then wasnt his incredible attentiveness over reira an indication shes the one he actually loves? its like he was jsut holding himself back by projecting indifference...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I will keep my opinions about takumi at this moment to myself, since I don't like to go over it again and again. My mind about him has been made up :p Please scroll the last few pages for my opinion if you want :p

about reira as well, hehe.
 

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
Besides, does anyone know when the next chapter comes out?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
expect it once a month, Misury. ^^
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I hope they meet in Tokyo. But if that happens, Hachi has to stay with her, and Takumi and Hachi will still be apart. :crying

Does anybody have any theory why Takumi is still in England though? Is it to be with Reira? So why is Reira still being a b*tch and trying to hate everything Takumi treasures when Takumi has already left his family to keep her company? :scry

Why is Reira in England too?

I still can't get over the fact that Ren is leaving trapnest to be with Nana. :wtf
wait, did i miss something or i mixed up my reading? takumi left his family for england just to keep reira company? i thought it was really hachi who refused to go with taku to england because 'nana might come home'...
and wasnt there a presentday setting scene where takumi welcomed hachi home and satsuki was annoyed beacuse she wants to be the one to break the news to hachi<that taku is back to japan>? i think that takumi welcoming hachi *indicated to have happened inside their shirogane home by a preceeding image of the shirogane condo* is the most recent of story progress...that part could easily be missed out because its strategically placed somewhere along the chaotic developments.

After rereading for the nth time, another question popped up.

What's with little ren and Reira, huh? Remember when Naoki was talking to Takumi and Ren interrupted, saying "Reira will sing!" or something. Then Takumi said she will, as long as ren plays the guitar. So Ren might be playing the guitar just for Reira, which means they must have a very special relationship for a child to think that way. It's either that, or he can see his dad's frustration, and if he loves his dad he wants to ease that frustration. >.>

But it's not normal, is it? How little ren reacts?
yeah, puppy love? little ren may just be infatuated with reira ..lol. just like how satsuki feels toward shin.


well, reira is indeed b*atch*... but there are the good parts in her too..i normally would be pissed of with that kind of clingy attitude, but ai made me see aspects of personalities in way that one cant help but agree that everything is the way it is. ~,~*


re: retribution-i think he simply stated that over his idea that he prioritized work/business over his family...and his philandering ways are part of his business efforts...??... :p well, say, this business, he must find it so very ideal too :p
and on taku-reira affair, hachi prolly found out about it and that added to the reasons she wont be budged to joining taku in england.

btw, reira and takumi's affair didnt even last before trapnest got defunct,did it? im a bit confused as well.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
on the first quote, that was made very long ago, babe. my opinions may have changed :XD especially with all the developments. that was made at the time i believe that the scene where reira dumped takumi wasn't in print yet, except in Yazawa's mind ahahah.

I think Takumi has attempted to invite Hachi to England more than once, but like you said, Hachi wouldn't budge, up until she sees the pictures that Nana is in England as well?
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think Takumi has attempted to invite Hachi to England more than once, but like you said, Hachi wouldn't budge, up until she sees the pictures that Nana is in England as well?
so are you saying its like the 'taku welcomes hachi home but satsuki made a fuss about it' scene is in the progress of her being in England already?...
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I believe so, yes.

your assumption that it might be the latest in the timeline actually sounds good, babe.

Like, after that scene with Naoki and Little Ren, he decides to come home? Err... I'm confused. >.<
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I believe so, yes.

your assumption that it might be the latest in the timeline actually sounds good, babe.

Like, after that scene with Naoki and Little Ren, he decides to come home? Err... I'm confused. >.<
well, i failed to see that side<nana the one who joined taku in england, but thats also good...lets see, it also makes sense because sachan was wearing english dress..but doesnt the house look like its the one in shirogane district? the one taku dwelt in england got brick walls.. and since sachan made a fuss about taku appearing before she was able to break whatever news she had for hachi, does that mean she was sent to england before hachi joined them?<considering that maybe some news about nana, how come the appearance of taku alone made her cross, its not like taku said anything more than a greeting, did he? so i concluded his appearance had to be the surprise/news... :p
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh no no no, that house was the shirogane one.

And I just realized, sachan in that scene was definitely a baby, like 2-3 years old. But the Satsuki in most recent chapters is about 6? and lil Ren 7-ish?
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
oh no no no, that house was the shirogane one.

And I just realized, sachan in that scene was definitely a baby, like 2-3 years old. But the Satsuki in most recent chapters is about 6? and lil Ren 7-ish?
whoooa?????? so you think all these ideas comes down to as good as nothing? like the presentday developments are as arranged per se? but it wasnt indicated that sacchan was 2-3 here or 5-6 there..and im totally sold out that lil ren is her elder bro...wait, what chapter was that again?the one with taku and satsuki welcoming hachi home?


oh btw, this realisation dawned on me: my initial guess must be right. i dont know
but when hachi asked satsuki whats with her dress <that dressy english item, would definitely be weird being worn in japan>, it occured to me that that must be takumi's gift and he made satsuki wear that classy dress to meet hachi with, and sort of give hachi some of hint of whats in surprise for her ...so isnt it like, its taku's homecoming becoming more a sensible idea when viewed that way?...i saw it a very subtle way to introduce the reader to the next events.
 
Last edited:

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
I still think, little Ren may be Nobu's kid.
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I still think, little Ren may be Nobu's kid.
lol. i dont really know...while i think ren is really taku's child.. hachi had been six wks pregnant when she found out about it and she had slept with nobu a few weeks short for nobu to possibly be the father. but 1 thing's for sure, regardless of who the father is, surely hachi is the mother. LOL

hey, misury-san, why do you think takumi said its over for trapnest even if ren would be able to bring reira back?i think reira saying she is not just singing for takumi alone was what really devastated takumi,think so too?
 
Last edited:

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
mh, I don't really know.. I guess it has something to do with him saying "that's not why I created Trapnest", because probably no one's happy anymore with what they actually do, especially Reira. Since she could remain unhappy, even if Ren brings her back. In the end, Trapnest disbanded 'cause of Ren's death, I think. So, i don't really think it's just because she said that to him, but it'd be quite lovely I have to admit..

..anyway.. I so love the fact that Takumi changes during the years. In the flashforwards he's quite a family guy and I think he changed.. isn't that cold guy anymore. Now, he deserves Hachi I guess. ^^

Oh, besides, is it only me or does Nana (in the flashforwards) cling so much to the sea, because Ren's ashes are going to be thrown out to it? So, I guess that's the reason she feels so connected with it..


Oh folks, I thought up a new theory (again), this time it's about Nana O. and why she stopped singing, and hasn't got the courage anymore to stand up strait.. it's because she hasn't any self confidence or pride anymore. Her pride was crushed the day Ren died, because she realized that her pride stood always in her way to love, and now it's too late..

could it be, what do you think??
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
..anyway.. I so love the fact that Takumi changes during the years. In the flashforwards he's quite a family guy and I think he changed.. isn't that cold guy anymore. Now, he deserves Hachi I guess. ^^
i'd love to say "told you so..." :kukuku


Oh folks, I thought up a new theory (again), this time it's about Nana O. and why she stopped singing, and hasn't got the courage anymore to stand up strait.. it's because she hasn't any self confidence or pride anymore. Her pride was crushed the day Ren died, because she realized that her pride stood always in her way to love, and now it's too late..

could it be, what do you think??
sounds plausible. That's what I always thought anyway, that she was too proud to have ever accepted Ren and what he was willing to give.
 

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
here guys, calculating by timeline, we can say lil ren is taku's kid

http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/17/23/ --hachi expecting taku to come after a month<usually, =4 wks> of concert tour, the first night with him happened just before he went off for this tour

http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/19/13/ ---takugot two weeks off like ren, but wasnt able to visit nana due to work,

and by the time she found shes preggy im sure it wsa more or less within this timeline's worth which is six weeks...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
thanks for the solid proof babe. Although I had already resolved that in my mind. Taku FTW! :turtle
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I took out the josei demographic from the first post. Dunno why we missed it but NANA is a shoujo manga, clearly not josei >.>
 

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
I like it. It's less than I expected, but in the same time, it's more.
It's so cute how Sachuki prayed to Ren.. the whole scene was touching.. and the picture with the burning cigarette <3 I wish Nana was there.

First I was pretty confused, because Nana didn't seem affected at all.. but I think I understant what it was. "Ren is dead" a simple phrase, but it doesn't seem real at all. It didn't hit her yet, she didn't get it.
But Yasu (of course) knew which exact words to say to her, to make her realizer her loss. That she'd never be seing him again. my goodness.. and aaah the beginning! With all those "Huah" soo touching. I started crying already on the first page. (i'm just a crybaby concerning Nana and Ren..)

Okay, I guess, that's all I wanted to comment on the chapter.. I wish Nana would come out twice a month or something.. -.-'
 
Top