Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

duchess of dork

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
681
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Yazawa Ai

well, as for me, im stubborn. i still believe taku will prove himself to be the man of some of his words.that in the end itll be as what he said to hachi--'but youre the one i truly love'.. i believe somebody here tried shoving that idea on my throat :eyeroll [asking me if i think that line is a lie as well]...and so, it got stuck in there......:amuse.. but yeah, i wanna embrace that idea.

if nana refuses on getting a divorce, that means she sees a glint of hope for their marriage. and though i believe takumi loves reira in the recesses of his mind, i believe hes got good head on his shoulders. hes got a plain definite view of love, and its because imo, he believes that the person worth being tied down with him is the person whom he's pleased with the most.most pleased with= truly loved.and though he maybe emotionally attached to reira, all she did was give him headaches, so technically shes disqualified to what gives him happiness.that idea seems a bit warped, but i think that mindset befits him.uncouth but decidedly true for his own good[i refuse to word it selfish :sweat]
_________
& say, i think nana ll stay for another 20 good chapters. :p
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
You can use this thread to talk about Nana in general and friendly discuss everything around this great Manga with fellow fangirls.

Have fun! :luv

Nana by Ai Yazawa


Synopsis:

"Nana Komatsu is a young woman who's endured an unending string of boyfriend problems. Moving to Tokyo, she's hoping to take control of her life and put all those messy misadventures behind her. She's looking for love and she's hoping to find it in the big city.

Nana Osaki, on the other hand, is cool, confident and focused. She swaggers into town and proceeds to kick down the doors to Tokyo's underground punk scene. She's got a dream and won't give up until she becomes Japan's No. 1 rock'n'roll superstar.

This is the story of two 20-year women who share the same name. Even though they come from completely different backgrounds, they somehow meet and become best friends. The world of Nana is a world exploding with sex, music, fashion, gossip and all-night parties."


Title: NANA
Authored by : Ai Yazawa
Genre: Shoujo, Drama, Comedy, Slice of Life
Japanese Release: On-going (16 volumes~)
Edited Mangas: Ongoing (see further below)
Age Ranking: Mature


Groups :
Afternoon Illusions
AmieTofu Production
Lavendar Tinted,Mangascreener & Nao
Sugar Oasis
TAKOYAKIs
lovenana4ever

Downloads Sources:
Takoyakis
lovenana4ever
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

Chapter 84 is out since a while now but I thought to start with this number nonetheless for the regular chapter discussion threads.

You'll find the comments already given about chapter 84 up till today in the Old Discussion/Predictions thread, which is the former Nana thread :)

Have fun! :occa

[nami] Merged [/nami]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Himemo

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

A forum! Yay!

I was so happy to see Hachi, Nana and the rest of Blast being happy together. It reminded me of the beginning of the manga, when they were in Room 707. That was my favorite part.

Yuri ruins the party, as usual. Is it mean that I'm really looking forward to Nobu breaking up with her? Probably.

I wonder why Nana looked so devastated when Yuri talked about not needing Hachi by her side anymore. Nana gets so much more upset about the thought of Hachi being away from her than anyone else. Aw.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana Hangout Thread

hehe. it's got its own subforum now. how cute!

yata! we can't deny Nana's popularity anyway. It's one of the top sellers in Japan :thumbs


you guys can also start different threads for theories and specific character discussions if you like. ^^ highly encouraged. :narutokyu
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana Hangout Thread

Not just one topseller, it's the fourth best selling shoujo manga overall. And the second best regular seller right after One Piece :amuse
 

Amborisa

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

I hope Nobu does break up with Yuri. I cannot stand her at all.

Nana needs Hachi more than anyone right now. It is cute that they are so close.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

welcome, amborisa!

it is true that they need each other, but like Yuri pointed out, was Nana getting independent from Hachi? It's not bad at all for normal people. The thing is, Nana isn't as normal as others. and there's gonna be some mental thing going on for them to drift apart like that. It may be that Nana will soon think that Hachi doesn't value her enough to be no. 1 in her heart, or something like that, and that's why she'll ultimately decide that she's no longer needed in anybody's lives and will have to disappear. :s
 

Exup

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

Hi everybody! does anyone know when the next chapter will be out? I can't wait anymore >< (but I have to << )

I hope also that Hachi and Nobu will come back together!

I'm still not used to the death of Ren Y _ Y

enough for a first post :p
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

welcome, Exup! please feel free to make any threads you like.

anyway, regarding your question, it comes out once a month. I just forgot about when. Anyway, there haven't been any scan releases for ch 85 that I know of. it'll come for sure around this time (june).
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Takumi

I know I should have started something on the Nanas, but I can't help it..!!
TAKUMI!!! :fangirl



I think Takumi is one of the more complex characters in Nana. He's one of those main reasons, besides Hachi, that I follow faithfully to every ups and downs of these two groups.

What kind of person is he exactly? Is he a womaniser, or deep down inside he's just someone who's looking for a real family? Maybe that was one of the main reasons he marry Hachi. But was it out of responsiblity, ego or more of a need issue? This has not been clearly answered yet and poor readers like us are left guessing. With the flashbacks and the recent development, did he divorce Nana in the end, or are they still together, but yet miles apart in the heart?

That's a whole list of "whys" in my mind, so let's talk about him mainly, what you like or not about him, but please don't burn the house down :amuse



~~~~ p.s. please use spoiler tags if you are talking about certain events as some members may not be up to date with the latest chapters~~~
 

Exup

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

thank you \o/
 

Himemo

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

I think Nana is released every month on the 26th.
 

Jabberwocky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nana Hangout Thread

NANA just get its own subforum?

I thought it was the Bleach/Naruto of Shoujo manga.
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana Hangout Thread

Subforums are created depending on the member activity here at MH, not depending on series popularity overall :3

No use to create a section when only three people use it ^^;
 

rikuun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 17, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

I'm DYING and wish that Nana would update faster~

seriously I'm so glad to see the Nobu will (probably) break up with Yuri.. she was gross and awful and he's totally meant for Hachi.

i will never understand why Hachi was so dumb as to marry Takumi and all that without talking to Nobu and trying to work things out. such a weak woman. she just went on and did whatever she wanted without considering the disastrous effects it would have on everyone else (literally... think, Nobu, Nana, Reira, and as a result, Yasu, Shin, etc.)

UGHHH PLEASE i wish they would update soonerrrrrr (seriously I was having such withdrawal from the series that I watched the whole anime series (47 ep) in 2 days....
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

>.> I uh... come in Hachi's defense.

I do not believe she is a weak woman. All that she decided and stuck on were all but plain signs of her strength. honestly, I was surprised at the recent turn of events when she finally caved in and hugged Nobu (did they kiss? I can't remember). however, there were several factors, like her frustration with Nana and Ren's death, plus her feeling of insignificance in Takumi's heart.

regardless, she has been strong all this time, a woman of 20, to embrace motherhood as she did, fighting for what she wanted and standing by her decisions.

Really, if there were any weak person in the manga, it would be Nana.
 

Jabberwocky

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nana Hangout Thread

I watched the first episode of the NANA anime the other day. How closely does the anime follow the manga storyline?
 

Himemo

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 27, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana Hangout Thread

I watched the first episode of the NANA anime the other day. How closely does the anime follow the manga storyline?
I think it's very close. I think they did a really nice job with the anime.
 

Exup

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 14, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Re: Nana 84 Discussion/85 Predictions Threads

+1 baboysai
and I will also say that nana is hiding her weakness behind her big mouth (not in the negative way!) and her charisma
 
Top