Shoujo - Nana by Ai Yazawa | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

102jayday

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: [Shoujo] Nana by Ai Yazawa

I loved the anime, all the punk cloths they wear is awesome too, i guess i like it much cause its a slice of life gerne.

But i think when i finally get up to vol 20 i will be going on about the waits lol.

I loved the songs by Olivia/Reira

Last edited:

Rei Ayanami

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nana Manga Creator Ai Yazawa Returns from Hospital

NANA manga creator Ai Yazawa revealed in the May 4 issue of Kobunsha's Josei Jishin magazine that she returned home in early April from the Tokyo hospital where she was being treated for an unspecified serious illlness. She had put her NANA manga last summer due to the sudden illness. However, she said that she has not gripped a pen once since her illness, and revealed that she does not know when or if she will return to working again.
Source: ANN

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm glad she's feeling better. Her health should be a #1 priority. I don't like the "if" part of the article, though...I really hope that NANA gets completed.

goal

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

I am happy to learn this news.
I am a huge NANA fan and believe this is an exceptional treat in Josei genre. The manga has been on hiatus for a while, and I am sure a lot of NANA fans like me were worried about the uncertain future of this manga. This is such good news and gives all us fans hope for the possibility that this masterpiece manga can reach each its befitting conclusion.

At the same time, before a mangaka, Ai Yazawa has other roles in life. I hope she has a quick and complete recovery and resumes and enjoys all aspects of life. Only then can/will the manga be written in the proper intended way.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Thanks Rei for posting the updates, but it definetely sounded that sensei needed a longer time recuperate still so I won't put my hopes too high on her returning so soon. :oh

veralya

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy

I hope NANA will come to an end y.y even if Yazawa is feel better, she have not still annunced a sure return of nana y_y

Vertigo Blue

Reaction score
Country
United States

Hello everyone!

Like most of you I'm worried about Ai Yazawa's health and the Nana series' future. I hope she gets better soon! Not just because I want to read Nana but because Yazawa's a hip hip lady :)

I've been scouring the internet trying to find any info I can on her recovery since I heard rumor that chapter 85 of Nana will be out in Cookie magazine in September. Unfortunately the two most accurate sites for Nana (and Ai Yazawa) updates are in Japanese! <pout>

Are there any Japanese speaking (and reading!) Nana fans out there willing to search these web pages and repost any updates??? Here they are:

Nana official webpage: http://annex.s-manga.net/s-nana/

Cookie Magazine webpage: http://cookie.shueisha.co.jp/

I really hope the rumors are true and that the author is feeling better! <3

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I haven't heard any news of Ai Yazawa, she's home now right? I hope she is close to 100% i love her sense of fashion! Too bad i can't find any clothes stores that have clothes like what she draws up.

I want clothes like nobu, ren and shins :)

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

Yeah she was discharged in April ^^

I think Nana may be back in the February issue of Cookie (on sale in late December I think) ^^ Because today there was an update on the Cookie website (and the official Nana one too) saying that in the January issue (on sale 26/11), there'll be Nana Christmas Cards drawn by Yazawa-sensei :) Probably her first time drawing since she was hospitalised, so hopefully the continuation of Nana will come after that. More details on the christmas cards will be in the December issue (on sale today) so perhaps there'll be some scans with more info on all this :)

Regardless, it's good to hear that she's well enough to draw again :)

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia

That's awesome news!! I hope she can do it all okay, was NANA a bi-weekly or monthly in cookie? She may have to do monthly or every second month because doing the chapters could make her tired. I know kentaro miura said in a interview he would do 15 hours a day at home for a chapter.

I hope to see some cool Christmas cards of nobuo x hachi!

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

NANA has always been monthly, right? I don't think they're going to make it bi-weekly more than ever especially after her hospitalization.

102jayday

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Yeah i meant have her do it longer now since it would be hard so to really take her time,

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Thanks for the news, saladesu! It's nice to hear that Yazawa-sensei is drawing again. Hopefully making Christmas cards is her way of easing back into the grind of being a mangaka. (I especially want to see some Shin and/or Ren cards :wtf)

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I just want to see Takumi again, kthxbai. >.<

Elleian

Reaction score
Country
United States

Any recent news?

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

There was recently an update on the official Nana website here. It's in Japanese of course but here's a video I found that actually has it translated :)

Basically... It's not an update on when the manga is coming back, but it just says that Yazawa-sensei is still dealing with her illness. I wish her the best.

White Rose

Reaction score
Country
Iceland

For God's sake
Why did you let Ren die, Yuzawa-san :s

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

hello, white rose. Have you reached the latest chapter of the manga?

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I decided I'd re-read this series from the start recently. I remember I really liked it but stopped it after Hachi's pregnancy but now I realised I stopped reading it because that's where the mangaka stopped hah. This series is one of those Shoujo's that are written so well. And the art is traditional Yazawa cute. I loved the Anime as well, they did it really well in my opinion.

My fav character is Hachi and Nobu >.< I want them together so bad, they are just too cute. I also like Shin.

Does anyone know how the mangaka's health is going? I kind of like where the series stopped. Sure I wanted answers but it's all kind of bittersweet.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Hmm, I really have no news on Yazawa at the moment. It's kind of sad :(

Hachi's pregnancy is actually quite exciting and I can't wait until she gives birth (if ever the manga is continued *crosses fingers*)