Naruto 277 Cover Colored. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Naruto 277 Cover Colored.

Haxor_Leo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
Ok it's not tottally finished, i need to do the Naruto Letters and a Backround for the Frame.
But besides that do you think i did Kakashi good?

angry

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think your Highlights and Shadows are a bit overwhelming. Maybe if you make them a bit more translucent. Have you tried using different layers for the base color and the highlights / shadows? That would make it alot easier to edit them, for instance you could blur them or increase the transparency level.

Also, you might want to consider making the line art a seperate layer and set the blendingmode to 'multiply'.

Of course this will only work if you are working in PS, but i'm asuming everyone works in PS ^^

Greets, Angry

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
interesting form of art... usually, people color them as realistic as possible, yet this guy did something else... it looks as if painted with non-waterproof paint and then brushed away with water... it is a very interesting and indeed unique style...

THis is absolutely no offense. It is not the way I prefer to color or prefer to watch (i like realism more than abstract), but I've rarely seen abstract covers of Naruto in my life. This is probably the third one or so.

In a way, you did almost everything corectly, but I think you want to color realistic, such as the other artists at this forum. In that case you have a long way to go, but good try.

In the abstract way, as I said earlier, it is very nice. It is really something to be proud of. I want to see another artwork like this from you (abstract way) ;) Seriously, I mean so.