Fantasy - Natsu vs God Serena | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Natsu vs God Serena

Who would win

• Natsu

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • God Serena

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
That lake was larger than Neptune Dragon spell.
-_-

In any case, Jacob was screaming about how he's burning up as Natsu approached him, and then he got knocked out by the actual attack. Jura was still standing around and commenting about how Serena can use fire, water, and wind dragon slayer magic. Yes, he did collapse due to his wounds, but he was still conscious. Jacob is much stronger than Jura, and demolition fist knocked him out cold. Also Natsu did the vast majority of the damage to him in 1 attack. Unless you want to argue that Makarov's punch is stronger than 3 of Serena's dragon slaying attacks + whatever attack he used before that, then FDK > Neptune DS. As it happens to be, Natsu's body heat probably dealt more damage than Makarov's punch.
Natsu won't come even close to God Serena. God Serena will spam him with every spell he got.

How do you know Jacob is stronger than Jura? Jacob is dumb. Thanks to his extreme low intelligence everyone can defeat him.

What has Makarov's punch to do with this?

Natsu couldn't defeat Jacob on his own, and God Serena >>>>> Jacob.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
-_-

Natsu won't come even close to God Serena. God Serena will spam him with every spell he got.

How do you know Jacob is stronger than Jura? Jacob is dumb. Thanks to his extreme low intelligence everyone can defeat him.

Neptune Dragon Spell is smaller than some of base Natsu's punches. Just compare Serena's size to the top of the wave and the Alvarez soldier's size to the top of the explosions.
The lake is even larger than that. The amount of water in that lake would in all honestly probably be able to fill a decent portion of canyon Natsu and the Alvarez troops were fighting in. It's a lake. Lakes are long. Lakes are deep.

- Individually Natsu's FDK spells are more powerful than any one of Serena's spells.
- Jacob should have as much magical power as any other Spriggan. In terms of durability, there's nothing that suggests Jacob was inferior to the likes of Brandish or Ajeel.
- Natsu can't beat Jacob because Jacob can teleport him. If Jacob doesn't teleport him, then Natsu would win in straight up combat.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
-_-

What kind of Logic is this?Natsu couldn't defeat Jacob inside the guild as he had to restrain his power.After that he basically One Shotted him.Jacob is stronger than Jura.He is a Spriggan after all.He was taken down by a city buster attack by Natsu so you couldn't judge his durability like this.It is shown Natsu's MP is greater than God Serena's.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
What kind of Logic is this?Natsu couldn't defeat Jacob inside the guild as he had to restrain his power.After that he basically One Shotted him.Jacob is stronger than Jura.He is a Spriggan after all.He was taken down by a city buster attack by Natsu so you couldn't judge his durability like this.It is shown Natsu's MP is greater than God Serena's.
How many times do I need to repeat this, it WON'T matter if Natsu will fight Jacob inside or outside the Guild. Yes, Natsu can use every spell he has. But still, he won't track Jacob down since he is invisible. His scent won't work. Natsu is kinda chanceless when he is attacked by someone he can't see.

NATSU DIDN'T ONE SHOT JACOB!!! I don't get why so many people say this lol.

It doesn't matter if Jacob is a 'Spriggan'. The rest of the Spriggans were also defeated by someone who isn't a Spriggan, so I don't get your point. I do agree with you that Jacob is stronger than Jura, but only if he uses his magic like it can be used. In the fight against Natsu and Lucy, he didn't.

When was it shown Natsu's MP > God Serena's MP?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Ok so we know that water is a weakness to fire, but if the fire is strong enough it will beat the water. So, how much stronger does Natsu's fire need to be to overcome Serena's Neptune Water?

If I'm following the discussion, below is the logic:

Serean's Water (Neptune) = Serena's Fire (Purgatory) =< Natsu's Fire Dragon Fist < Natsu's FDK Demolishing strike.

I am thinking it's more likely that Natsu's FDK flames will burn through Neptune's water. But it really depends on how much you think the weakness contributes. It is not infinite. But is it more than the difference of FDK flames and Serena's water?

There is also the question of fire resistance. FDK is stronger than the output of God Serena's spells, but does that mean FDK can overcome Serena's durability despite the resistance? This is probably my main concern here for Natsu. Why couldn't Serena just have lived then he could have fought Natsu at the guildhall...

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't see the logic that evaporating a lake means that Natsu can evaporate God Serena's Neptune Dragon's Battle Array... One has MP, the other barely has any. Just logically think through this... If we're going by this scenario, Natsu defeats Gajeel with Easy Difficulty. Natsu melted the GMG Stadium (Solid Steel/Iron) casually. So who is stronger, God Serena or Gajeel? If you say Natsu can evaporate God Serena's attacks, that means he should be able to melt Gajeel's Iron because Gajeel is no where near God Serena's level. Sure, Natsu is strong... But we're overhyping this...

So Warrod used his tree branches to trap God Serena. Does that mean God Serena can't destroy a single branch when Azuma uprooted the largest one we've seen yet? Is Laxus' lightning similar to that of the lightning from a thunderstorm? How about Gray's ice? What do these all have in common that makes it different... MP. When a wizard puts MP into any object, it changes its properties making it different from it's regular state. I already said before and I'll say it again, size is not the only factor. I won't believe Natsu can evaporate God Serena's attacks until I see it.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
How many times do I need to repeat this, it WON'T matter if Natsu will fight Jacob inside or outside the Guild. Yes, Natsu can use every spell he has. But still, he won't track Jacob down since he is invisible. His scent won't work. Natsu is kinda chanceless when he is attacked by someone he can't see.
Didn't you notice Jacob was burning from Natsu's Aura itself.So if he fought him outside then he would not been able to approach him or throw any weapons towards him.

NATSU DIDN'T ONE SHOT JACOB!!! I don't get why so many people say this lol.

It doesn't matter if Jacob is a 'Spriggan'. The rest of the Spriggans were also defeated by someone who isn't a Spriggan, so I don't get your point. I do agree with you that Jacob is stronger than Jura, but only if he uses his magic like it can be used. In the fight against Natsu and Lucy, he didn't.

When was it shown Natsu's MP > God Serena's MP?
1)Didn't you notice that Jacob was burning from Natsu's Aura itself.So if he fought him outside then he would not been able to approach him or throw any weapons towards him.
2.I added the word "Basically". It would not have been possible for Natsu to defeat him without Lucy.Why I added the word basically?Because a single City Buster Attack from Natsu took him down.
3.Why I mentioned Jacob is a Spriggan?Because You and a lot of other people label him as weak and fodder.But You should remember that a City Buster Attack took him down and he was still alive after that.I can put a bet that Low Tier to Mid Tier Spriggans like Ajeel,Wahl,Dimaria minus her hax Time Magic will be One Shotted by this Spell.
4.Natsu's MP is definetly stronger than God Serena's Spells.His FDK Spells are more destructive and larger than Serena's any spells.His Fire will evaporate his Water.It took Serena two spells to defeat Jura.While Natsu defeated a Spriggan with a single Spell.Also you are forgetting Natsu has DF.

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
1)Didn't you notice that Jacob was burning from Natsu's Aura itself.So if he fought him outside then he would not been able to approach him or throw any weapons towards him.
We're talking about a Spriggan's magic, he won't burn himself if he is invisible because he is basically 'gone'. That's what his Stealth is.

So by your logic, Natsu is immune for every attack fired at him? If you say water can't do a thing to him, then I guess he can tank everything thanks to his body.

2.I added the word "Basically". It would not have been possible for Natsu to defeat him without Lucy.Why I added the word basically?Because a single City Buster Attack from Natsu took him down.
Yes, Jacob was defeated by a destructive spell from Natsu. But was it a oneshot? No. You wanna know why? Because Natsu, Lucy, Leo and Makarov already did a lot damage to him before the final blow.

PS. I wasn't only referring to you. There are a lot others who say he oneshotted Jacob.

3.Why I mentioned Jacob is a Spriggan?Because You and a lot of other people label him as weak and fodder.But You should remember that a City Buster Attack took him down and he was still alive after that.I can put a bet that Low Tier to Mid Tier Spriggans like Ajeel,Wahl,Dimaria minus her hax Time Magic will be One Shotted by this Spell.
Lol no. Maybe Ajeel, but Wahl and Di Maria wouldn't have any problem with it. Jacob may have hax magic, but it's a fact he has very low intelligence, stamina and strength. Di Maria and Wahl >>>>>> Jacob.

4.Natsu's MP is definetly stronger than God Serena's Spells.His FDK Spells are more destructive and larger than Serena's any spells.His Fire will evaporate his Water.It took Serena two spells to defeat Jura.While Natsu defeated a Spriggan with a single Spell.Also you are forgetting Natsu has DF.
Natsu's FDK spells are fire, while God Serena knows multiple spells with multiple elements. If I compare Natsu with God Serena, I'd say Natsu is a base Dragon Slayer and God Serena a Dragon Slayer king.

His fire won't evaporate his water tsunami.

Natsu didn't defeat Jacob with one spell, please read the chapter again.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This match is right up Natsu's alley - unfairly so even. No gimmicks, haxx or trickshots. Just straight-up chaos.

God Serena with his puny variety shouldn't bother engaging a Hulk (Natsu) in his natural habitat. But since there's no gimmick to his powers and the only means he has available to defeat Natsu is to engage him in combat, he be overpowered & destroyed.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
We're talking about a Spriggan's magic, he won't burn himself if he is invisible because he is basically 'gone'. That's what his Stealth is.

So by your logic, Natsu is immune for every attack fired at him? If you say water can't do a thing to him, then I guess he can tank everything thanks to his body.

Yes, Jacob was defeated by a destructive spell from Natsu. But was it a oneshot? No. You wanna know why? Because Natsu, Lucy, Leo and Makarov already did a lot damage to him before the final blow.

PS. I wasn't only referring to you. There are a lot others who say he oneshotted Jacob.

Lol no. Maybe Ajeel, but Wahl and Di Maria wouldn't have any problem with it. Jacob may have hax magic, but it's a fact he has very low intelligence, stamina and strength. Di Maria and Wahl >>>>>> Jacob.

Natsu's FDK spells are fire, while God Serena knows multiple spells with multiple elements. If I compare Natsu with God Serena, I'd say Natsu is a base Dragon Slayer and God Serena a Dragon Slayer king.

His fire won't evaporate his water tsunami.

Natsu didn't defeat Jacob with one spell, please read the chapter again.
1)Natsu FDK Spell is much more devastating than any laser fired by Dimaria in her God Soul or Wahl's missiles.
2)Natsu has shown more Energy in his FDK Spells than Serena's Spells you yourself agreed earlier.After Natsu's Spell Thewhole ground vanished.Serena's Spells didn't do like this.I said One major Spell from Natsu took down a Spriggan.Consider the damages he recieved inside the guild hall.Lucy kick in Taurus form,Natsu's Fire Claw+Lucy's Regulus kick and Titan Punch.He had no visible damages on his body.Compare this with Jura.He recieved lot of damages from God Serena(off screen).Even after that it took God Serena 2 hits to take down Jura while Natsu took one hit to take down a Spriggan.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
1)Natsu FDK Spell is much more devastating than any laser fired by Dimaria in her God Soul or Wahl's missiles.
His spell may be more destructive, but not more powerful. Wahl's missles are more dangerous than any FDKM spell, because his missles will always hit its target. Di Maria's lazers could easily kill someone, I won't even compare them to Natsu's spells lol.

2)Natsu has shown more Energy in his FDK Spells than Serena's Spells you yourself agreed earlier.After Natsu's Spell Thewhole ground vanished.Serena's Spells didn't do like this.I said One major Spell from Natsu took down a Spriggan.Consider the damages he recieved inside the guild hall.Lucy kick in Taurus form,Natsu's Fire Claw+Lucy's Regulus kick and Titan Punch.He had no visible damages on his body.Compare this with Jura.He recieved lot of damages from God Serena(off screen).Even after that it took God Serena 2 hits to take down Jura while Natsu took one hit to take down a Spriggan.
Natsu's Fire Dragon Claw + Lucy's Regulus Kick did major damage to Jacob.

When did I agree? I only agreed that one of Natsu's FDKM spell looked more destructive than God Serena's Purgatory's Dragon Spell.

Jura has better physical strength than Jacob.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
This made me lol. Natsu defeating God Serena with low diff? Oh, please.

Purgatory's Dragon Spell is already more or less equal with any spell Natsu showed us and this spell is only of the eight he controls. If the spells God Serena showed us didn't impress you, than please compare them to other spells. Show me any spell from Juvia that looks stronger than God Serena's Neptune's Dragon Spell.

The reason why you think Natsu could defeat God Serena is because he can 'evaporate' or tank any spell God Serena has. Please, Neptune's Dragon Spell would easily disable every spell Natsu has. A lake is different than a gigantic wave, so he won't 'evaporate' it.

Because Natsu melted the Grand Magic Games arena doesn't mean he can melt an earth spell, lmao.

I'm sorry but God Serena would low diff Natsu.
Are you seriously trying to say that God Serena's Fire magic is as strong as Natsu's fire Magic? Let's compare.

vs

Natsu fire magic takes several dumps on God Serena's fire Magic. Then I bring you took Natsu's Aura evaporating an Lake with ease.

Don't sit up here and act as though God Serena is on Natsu's level or more powerful then Natsu.

Also if he tries to use his Cavern attack I don't see why Natsu wouldn't simply:

Natsu will simply use his flames to fly up.

Natsu has already dealt with every element God Serena has shown and has overpowered each Element. So I bring up the Question what could God Serena do that would hurt Natsu? His water attack would evaporate in Natsu's presence, Natsu would eat his flame magic, he would use his flames to move among the crumbling earth and his flames would destroy Serena's wind. Not to mention Natsu CQC skills drastically outclasses Serena's. Also Natsu LDF mode could without a doubt be able to take Serena out. Serena hasn't shown any lightning ability.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Are you seriously trying to say that God Serena's Fire magic is as strong as Natsu's fire Magic? Let's compare.

vs

Natsu fire magic takes several dumps on God Serena's fire Magic. Then I bring you took Natsu's Aura evaporating an Lake with ease.

Don't sit up here and act as though God Serena is on Natsu's level or more powerful then Natsu.

Also if he tries to use his Cavern attack I don't see why Natsu wouldn't simply:

Natsu will simply use his flames to fly up.

Read my post again. I said "more or less". Anyway, none of the spells from Natsu you showed looks more powerful than God Serena's spells. You only showed that Natsu uses more fire spells, which is logic. God Serena only uses one spell for each element.

I agree with you that Natsu won't have a lot trouble with dodging Cavern Dragon's Spell. But for the rest of his spells, he just can't tank them.

Natsu has already dealt with every element God Serena has shown and has overpowered each Element. So I bring up the Question what could God Serena do that would hurt Natsu? His water attack would evaporate in Natsu's presence, Natsu would eat his flame magic, he would use his flames to move among the crumbling earth and his flames would destroy Serena's wind. Not to mention Natsu CQC skills drastically outclasses Serena's. Also Natsu LDF mode could without a doubt be able to take Serena out. Serena hasn't shown any lightning ability.
He did never show me he could deal with every element. You're just overpowering Natsu, based on the fact he could evaporate a lake and take a breeze. God Serena's spells are a lot more powerful than that.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I personally think the fight could go either way especially since we never got to see all of God Serena's elements and because we are yet to see how far Natsu's raw power can go, without the remnants of Igneel's power.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
His spell may be more destructive, but not more powerful. Wahl's missles are more dangerous than any FDKM spell, because his missles will always hit its target. Di Maria's lazers could easily kill someone, I won't even compare them to Natsu's spells lol.

Natsu's Fire Dragon Claw + Lucy's Regulus Kick did major damage to Jacob.

When did I agree? I only agreed that one of Natsu's FDKM spell looked more destructive than God Serena's Purgatory's Dragon Spell.

Jura has better physical strength than Jacob.
1)Natsu killed 927 Alvarez Soldiers.You are forgetting about it.His FDK Spells are much more impressive and destructive than any lasers of Dimaria.Anyway this is not a thread of it.You make a thread of it i will speak about it there.
2)Natsu Spells were more destructive than God Serena.More over Jacob didn't take any damage from Fire Claw+Lucy Regulus Kick.Compare this to Jura who had taken much more damage.As @Cosmicstar showed how can Natsu deal with his Spells.Natsu's MP is more than God Serena's(At least the FDK Spells).You are forgetting Natsu has DF which makes his power multiply by 4X or 5X.He may not tank his Spells but he can overpower them.Ultimately it will lead to physical fight.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
1)Natsu killed 927 Alvarez Soldiers.You are forgetting about it.His FDK Spells are much more impressive and destructive than any lasers of Dimaria.Anyway this is not a thread of it.You make a thread of it i will speak about it there.
2)Natsu Spells were more destructive than God Serena.More over Jacob didn't take any damage from Fire Claw+Lucy Regulus Kick.Compare this to Jura who had taken much more damage.As @Cosmicstar showed how can Natsu deal with his Spells.Natsu's MP is more than God Serena's(At least the FDK Spells).You are forgetting Natsu has DF which makes his power multiply by 4X or 5X.He may not tank his Spells but he can overpower them.Ultimately it will lead to physical fight.
1). God Serena could do the same, no doubt about that.

Natsu's spells are indeed more destructive than Di Maria's. But Di Maria's lazers are more dangerous than any spell from Natsu.

2). God Serena probably has more MP since he uses more types of magic.

Fire Dragon Claw + Regulus Kick did damage to Jacob, which is a fact. Jura took more damage, yes. But the fact that Jacob took some damage means Natsu didn't oneshot Jacob.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
1). God Serena could do the same, no doubt about that.

Natsu's spells are indeed more destructive than Di Maria's. But Di Maria's lazers are more dangerous than any spell from Natsu.

2). God Serena probably has more MP since he uses more types of magic.

Fire Dragon Claw + Regulus Kick did damage to Jacob, which is a fact. Jura took more damage, yes. But the fact that Jacob took some damage means Natsu didn't oneshot Jacob.
I think you will not agree that Natsu's MP is greater than God Serena's.Fine.Then what about Dragon Force.Don't tell me God Serena has Dragon Force.He is a Second Generation Dragon Slayer.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why do we say Brandish is important? Because she can shrink something the size of an Island. Why do we say Ajeel was really impressive? Because he can create a sandstorm that covers all of Magnolia. Natsu evaporated a lake with his body heat alone. Not with his actual attack, but with the body heat coming from just entering FDK mode. Also, the lake that Natsu evaporated is most likely Lake Scilora, which is actually quite large.
This is the lake directly in the north of Fiore, and right besides the Fairy Tail guild. It's the lake in which the Phantom Lord guild marched through. In other words, this lake:
Now you might say that size isn't everything, and I agree. Size isn't everything. However, Natsu's body heat didn't just evaporate Lake Scilora, it also burned up Jacob. It's not just a display of Natsu having enough power to melt a bunch of magic-less water, but also an example of Natsu being able to overpower a Spriggan-level opponent.

Reminder that evaporating the lake and burning up Jacob wasn't the actual attack. The actual attack knocked Jacob out cold. Jacob didn't receive any major damage prior to getting hit by demolition fist. Serena already beat up the Ishgar Heavenly Saints and casted 2 dragon slayer spells against them prior to using Neptune Dragon's fist. Unless Makarov's fist or the NaLu combo did more damage to Jacob than all of those attacks did to Jura, Demolition Fist is superior. Quite frankly, Jacob seems to be in more pain from Natsu's body heat than he was from Makarov's punch of the NaLu kick. Natsu did the vast majority of damage to Jacob via demolition fist. In comparison none of God Serena's opponents were actually knocked out. They were all still conscious:
Even if you say there's a negligible difference between being knocked out and being beaten to the point where you can't retaliate, there's still the power-level difference between Jacob and someone like Jura to account for. Jacob is a Spriggan 12, and therefore he should be more powerful than any of the Wizard Saints. Do we really have any reason to assume that Jacob's durability is weaker than someone like Ajeel's or Brandish's? No. He didn't get taken out by an attack less powerful than attacks that took them out. He probably took a punch from Natsu better than Ajeel did.

Let's set aside FDK for one moment, and go back to the whole Jacob vs Wizard Saint thing. It took at least 3 hits for God Serena to take out someone like Jura (At least 1 for before he activated DS magic, and 2 afterwards before he used Neptune DS). Even if you want to say that Jura is stronger than a Spriggan like Jacob (???), it's not like we don't have a feat of Natsu oneshotting someone on Jura's level. Tenrou Bluenote was a match for Gildarts, which is where GMG Jura was hyped to be. Unless Jura massively outgrew Bluenote over the 1 year timeskip (no evidence of this), they should be around the same level. There is zero doubt in my mind that if Natsu can oneshot Bluenote with one of his basic spells, that he wouldn't be able to just oneshot any of the Ishgar Heavenly Saints with an FDK spell - especially since that the FDK spell can take out Jacob. Whether or not he can take out multiple people would just depend on AoE, which is more than sufficient.

So when we put this all together, what do we have? Natsu's attacks in FDK has larger AoE, and did more damage against a stronger opponent. If this doesn't meet the requirements for what makes an attack stronger than another then I don't know what does.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Why do we say Brandish is important? Because she can shrink something the size of an Island. Why do we say Ajeel was really impressive? Because he can create a sandstorm that covers all of Magnolia. Natsu evaporated a lake with his body heat alone. Not with his actual attack, but with the body heat coming from just entering FDK mode. Also, the lake that Natsu evaporated is most likely Lake Scilora, which is actually quite large.
This is the lake directly in the north of Fiore, and right besides the Fairy Tail guild. It's the lake in which the Phantom Lord guild marched through. In other words, this lake:
Now you might say that size isn't everything, and I agree. Size isn't everything. However, Natsu's body heat didn't just evaporate Lake Scilora, it also burned up Jacob. It's not just a display of Natsu having enough power to melt a bunch of magic-less water, but also an example of Natsu being able to overpower a Spriggan-level opponent.

Reminder that evaporating the lake and burning up Jacob wasn't the actual attack. The actual attack knocked Jacob out cold. Jacob didn't receive any major damage prior to getting hit by demolition fist. Serena already beat up the Ishgar Heavenly Saints and casted 2 dragon slayer spells against them prior to using Neptune Dragon's fist. Unless Makarov's fist or the NaLu combo did more damage to Jacob than all of those attacks did to Jura, Demolition Fist is superior. Quite frankly, Jacob seems to be in more pain from Natsu's body heat than he was from Makarov's punch of the NaLu kick. Natsu did the vast majority of damage to Jacob via demolition fist. In comparison none of God Serena's opponents were actually knocked out. They were all still conscious:
Even if you say there's a negligible difference between being knocked out and being beaten to the point where you can't retaliate, there's still the power-level difference between Jacob and someone like Jura to account for. Jacob is a Spriggan 12, and therefore he should be more powerful than any of the Wizard Saints. Do we really have any reason to assume that Jacob's durability is weaker than someone like Ajeel's or Brandish's? No. He didn't get taken out by an attack less powerful than attacks that took them out. He probably took a punch from Natsu better than Ajeel did.

Let's set aside FDK for one moment, and go back to the whole Jacob vs Wizard Saint thing. It took at least 3 hits for God Serena to take out someone like Jura (At least 1 for before he activated DS magic, and 2 afterwards before he used Neptune DS). Even if you want to say that Jura is stronger than a Spriggan like Jacob (???), it's not like we don't have a feat of Natsu oneshotting someone on Jura's level. Tenrou Bluenote was a match for Gildarts, which is where GMG Jura was hyped to be. Unless Jura massively outgrew Bluenote over the 1 year timeskip (no evidence of this), they should be around the same level. There is zero doubt in my mind that if Natsu can oneshot Bluenote with one of his basic spells, that he wouldn't be able to just oneshot any of the Ishgar Heavenly Saints with an FDK spell - especially since that the FDK spell can take out Jacob. Whether or not he can take out multiple people would just depend on AoE, which is more than sufficient.

So when we put this all together, what do we have? Natsu's attacks in FDK has larger AoE, and did more damage against a stronger opponent. If this doesn't meet the requirements for what makes an attack stronger than another then I don't know what does.
We should not consider Jacob's durability bad.He took a City Buster Attack and he was still alive after it.Consider that Ikusa-Tsunagi was instantly killed by this same Spell and his mountain sized body crumbled into pieces.Jura on the other hand took many attacks from God Serena to be completely defeated.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Except that Brandish's Manipulation Magic requires MP. Same with Ajeel's sandstorm. Let's say that there was a sandstorm of that size but it wasn't Ajeel's Sand World. Would you say someone like Natsu would be carried away and vanish without a trace? Would it drain all the water out of him? No. There is a difference between MP attacks and mother nature causing abiotic organisms to become active. Sure, Natsu evaporated a lake. Impressive. Nothing here proves he can evaporate God Serena's attacks. Unless you're telling me Natsu can beat him easily? If God Serena's attack were rendered useless, what stops Natsu from stomping him?

Let's take the Tenrou Tree as an example. The size is huge. Who uprooted it? Azuma... Did he casually take it down or was he out of MP afterwards? From what I can tell, he was able to fight Erza afterwards. Nothing here proves that Azuma is so strong that he would be able to cancel out Warrod's attacks and kill him. Honestly, Warrod can almost one-shot Azuma if he really wanted to. After all, he was part of Team Mavis who we know were all deadly powerful. He didn't earn his title as the 4th Rank among the Gods of Ishgar for nothing.

If we can agree that size doesn't mean anything, I don't see how this would have any significance in proving that Natsu can evaporate or destroy God Serena's attacks... Remember that the water Natsu evaporated is normal water and has no magic energy in it. Additionally, Natsu burning up Jacob doesn't mean anything. We have no reason to believe he is on the level of a high-tier Spriggan, especially after his feats. Natsu melted Lucy's clothes and the spectators at the GMG. Most of them were fodders. Does that mean he can do the same to Makarov, Gray, Gildarts, Jellal, Laxus, Zeref, or Acnologia? If anything, this just proves that Jacob has really low durability. Sure, he was up against a very powerful attack... Does that mean he should have been one-shotted? I don't think so. I guarantee the other Spriggans wouldn't go down in one hit like that.

God Serena's attacks against to the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura should really not be compared to a feat like this. God Serena literally went 1 vs 4 in that fight. We don't even know if he used magic beforehand or simply beat them up in CQC so it is impossible to state that the first "attack" he used still allowed the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura to survive. To say Natsu's Demolition Fist is stronger because it defeated Jacob has really little meaning especially when comparing it to God Serena's feats because the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura may have higher defense than Jacob. I bolded the part to emphasize that this is speculation. But as you can see, it can go either way, so we really shouldn't assume here. There are so many factors that are unknown. It is true that we have no reason to believe that Jacob's durability is weaker than Ajeel or Brandish but at the same time, does his feats prove that he has durability on par of those two strong Spriggans? No. Not to mention, God Serena used about the same number of attacks as the number of opponents he was up against so technically we can say each attack critically injured the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura, much like how Natsu did the same to Jacob. Using these feats as a way of saying Natsu beating God Serena is not accurate.

It's not like it took 2-3 attacks just to take out Jura alone... He took all 4 of them out in 4 hits. That would be equal to about 1 hit per person. As far I can tell, we can't assume that Jura and Bluenote are on the same level. That would introduce possible errors into this fight. Actually, when you use a single attack on 4 opponents, the MP in that attack is dispersed, so it shouldn't be counted that it takes 3 attacks to finish off Jura. Sure, AoE allows multiple targets to be hit, but that does not mean that the power within the whole area is the same... That would be faulty logic because when magic is concentrated at a single point, it evenly distributes the energy as it increases in size. The moment God Serena's 4th attack was completed, we saw all 4 Wizard Saints incapacitated. That means the first 3 attacks were directed towards the 3 Gods of Ishgar. Sure, Jura got hit, but the amount of MP that hit him was minimal compared to the others. I see it as Jura being taken down in 1 hit if you ask me.

I can understand Natsu's attack having a larger AoE, although I don't think it can be proven, but how does it equate to Natsu having inflicted more damage, and against a stronger opponent? Nothing adds up to a conclusion like that. Even if an attack is stronger, it still doesn't mean it can evaporate the opponent's attack. Or Natsu should be able to crush Gray's Ice which is not the case so far.

Last edited: