Discussion - Natural Disasters: Do you have to deal with them? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Natural Disasters: Do you have to deal with them?

Kratos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
where i live the only natural disaster that i had witness is earthquake. but after i few of them you dont get freak out. and like the construction is really good, after the earthquake its look like nothing had happen.. so for me i dont see earthquake like other people that by just saying the word earthquake start to run around sayin ahhhhhh.... but like i said after a few of the u get used to it.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Where I live (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).. there's no big disasters actually.. although if the disasters happened in nearby region like Indonesia.. it will somehow affect my country, but not probably where I live. I can say we're lucky... My country does not borders with big oceans, situated at the equator which means no tornados or whatsoever) and also just outside the volcanic line (no earthquakes)...

However I do have a heart.. I always feel sorry for those who are affected by natural disasters...

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Natural disasters where I live (The Philippines) are... hmm, we have typhoons every year. These typhoons cause floods and landslides. There are also earthquakes and volcanic eruptions once in a while. Indonesia has worse luck than us when it comes to natural disasters though. Either way, I also feel sorry for the victims.

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I don't know about you, but scientists are predicting Hong Kong would be wiped out from the face of the map because of flooding.

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
kunai jutsu said:
I don't know about you, but scientists are predicting Hong Kong would be wiped out from the face of the map because of flooding.

Seriously? Where did you here this? I have many friends living in Hong Kong. My uncle lives there as well.

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
And I live there too, and it just came out in newspaper magazines.

Kratos

Reaction score
kunai jutsu said:

LOL they said that San Francisco (California) will disappear because of the earthquake but i dont think that's gona happen anywhere soon

white silver

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Kratos said:
LOL they said that San Francisco (California) will disappear because of the earthquake but i dont think that's gona happen anywhere soon
Actually, the thing is, it's just a prediction since global warming will flood some parts of the area, Hong Kong being a very small country by THE SEA, would be very affected. Kinda like how the Big Tsunami wasn't suppose to hit in the south-east asia.

SakuraChi-chi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Lucky,I live in Kuala Lumpur too. Thank God,I live in Malaysia !!! & I thought Malaysia was the worse !! (that was when I was VERY young) but anyway,education for English in my school is SUPER-DUPER-BAD!!!!![br]Posted on: October 27, 2006, 10:41:43 AM_________________________________________________Oh ya,I'm in elemantary school. maybe the government thinks English isn't important for elemantary students. for me,its very important !! my class is the best class in the year yet everyone likes to say bad words !! (example: F*** !,etc) & they r very 'miang' (like to see ladies nude,that meaning)

But don't mind that,I don't really like to change the topic. )XD

Exploded Magic

Reaction score
Unluckey for them, i live in Conneticut, yea nothing happens here.

War

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I live in Singapore and my country is lucky, b'cos I don't experience any natural disasters at all due to its location. :)

Anyway, my condolences to the victims of the natural disasters.

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I was actually on my way to Indonesia when the tsunami happened. It was summer vacation and my family decided to Bali for a trip. I didn't even know about the tsunami until the next day. Considering how close Bali is to Java I'm pretty lucky I guess... Next thing I knew my mom was freaking out on me on the phone.... oT_T. Saying I shouldn't have been there. <Parents divorced....was with my dad> The next few days were still fun though.

***** Oh yeah xantos ****
I also went to Singapore during my trip. You have a lot of rules there. I bought a souveneir mug that says a bunch of them like "no picking flowers...??"

War

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
***** Oh yeah xantos ****
I also went to Singapore during my trip. You have a lot of rules there. I bought a souveneir mug that says a bunch of them like "no picking flowers...??"
Yeah. Lots of people make jokes about that. =) We can't even chew gum.

rabb

Reaction score
Country
United States
NeoShweaty said:
I live in new york and we never have to deal with any life threatening weather. Im going to college in LA which is basically the same. I count myself among the lucky ones, definitely
ironicly, just a few months after this was posted, the river vally i live in flooded, shuting down most of east/west trafic in new york, but beacuse penn got hit just that much harder, we were largly ignored. five deaths were blamed statewide on the flood, but thats not an accurate number. i know this beacuse six people died in my town alone from it. latly for some reason the weathers been getting worse. weve been having minor twisters, cloud bursts, and down bursts (all damaging storms). a top which, im in just the right spot that i get hit by every storm to hit the state; this isnt to bad when its warm, but during the (normal) winter, the nor'easters, lake effect, and regular storms being forced our way from the south west all go right over my area. we get an average of two feet of snow with each storm.  last year, the snowbanks we made from shovling were taller than i am (I'm 5'10" just under 2 meters (i think, i suck at conversion)). so the biggest natural disaster that we have is the cold. since were such a poor neiborhood, the kids that wait too long for the buses (which can be as long as 40 mins, some times longer, depending on how long it takes them to get them going) have had cases of hypothermia. but we dont have to worry about that this winter.

Kalkoen

Reaction score
Nothing happening here (the Netherlands).
But the people here really suck cuz they complain about the weather if it rains a bit. ;bash

(If a tornado comes my way I will cut it or die trying.)

zephyr_1112

Reaction score
Different people has different beliefs when it comes to the natural disaster. However, the effects are the same because it surely brings sorrow and sufferings to those who are involved. I live in Kuantan, Malaysia. Every year we had to deal with flood when the monsoon season comes. This year, the southern part of Malaysia had tom deal with a terrible flood that has never been experienced before. It was said to be the worst in about 40 years. Many people had to leave their homes for about a month. Can you imagine? Many of the belongings were lost. Although it is a natural disaster, I think the corruption of the system played some role. The money that should be used to clean up the drains is taken by those liars(contractors & Community leaders who are responsible to clean the drains). They took the money but the work has never been done. Curse them.

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States
zephyr_1112 said:
Different people has different beliefs when it comes to the natural disaster. However, the effects are the same because it surely brings sorrow and sufferings to those who are involved. I live in Kuantan, Malaysia. Every year we had to deal with flood when the monsoon season comes. This year, the southern part of Malaysia had tom deal with a terrible flood that has never been experienced before. It was said to be the worst in about 40 years. Many people had to leave their homes for about a month. Can you imagine? Many of the belongings were lost. Although it is a natural disaster, I think the corruption of the system played some role. The money that should be used to clean up the drains is taken by those liars(contractors & Community leaders who are responsible to clean the drains). They took the money but the work has never been done. Curse them.
and this is the crazy world we live in, money ova morals and human life, they're about the all might dollar, and not worried about who is effected by their corrupt actions. I hate ppl like that, how can u just turn ur back on ppl who need help. its just wrong.

cherryenchanted

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
That's part of our lives already, the natural disasters...We had to deal with it, no matter what, just to survive...It may be hard, we feel fear when this things happen, but we need to fight & face the challenge of nature...This could also be a call of nature to or our Creator...we just need always had that big faith, to surpass all these...

Here in the city I lived, we don't experience so much of any natural disasters, like floods which is very common to our country, when there would a big typhoon coming...but still I, we are lucky that we don't experienced hurricane, tornado, or any big disasters here in my country, as well as the city I lived...

theshizzle

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Orkney Islands
God causes Natural Disasters! Isaiah 45:7

luxxifer

Reaction score
Country
United States
like what my science teacher said about earthquakes and people living in california."If you don't want *put in natural disaster* then don't live in an area prone to *said natural disasters*

but he said that at a standpoint where nothing ever happens here where we live