Discussion - New cover pages counting down? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion New cover pages counting down?

Asgaraatth

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The new cover pages have been recalling old memories from the beginning of the manga. I believe that this may Mashima's style of countdown to the end of the series as it will go through everything that has happened till now and the last one might be on the last chapter. Any thoughts?

Letters so far - SA I GO MA DE O

Last edited by a moderator:

thatsvicchan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think so too

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The new cover pages have been recalling old memories from the beginning of the manga. I believe that this may the Mashima's style of countdown to the end of the series as it will go through everything that has happened till now and the last one might be on the last chapter. Any thoughts?
Interesting thoughts. Hiro likes countdowns in his chapter titles and covers, as seen in the lead up to chapter 500. I think your theory is certainly possible.

Evgeniu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The new cover pages have been recalling old memories from the beginning of the manga. I believe that this may the Mashima's style of countdown to the end of the series as it will go through everything that has happened till now and the last one might be on the last chapter. Any thoughts?
yep 12 chapters or so

and shit's ending

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
yep 12 chapters or so

and shit's ending
If you count Sun Village and Avatar, we've got 14 chapters left ot of this manga, not including an epilogue. Maybe to sweeten the deal, Hiro might do a triple-chapter special once the countdown ends.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's basically showcasing all the memories of Natsu, Lucy, and Happy through every arc of Fairy Tail.

Rzerox21xx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lets see,

next week,
4.Galuna Island
5.Phantom Lord
6.Loke Arc(if Everlue despite being a very small arc was enough to get a chapter cover I would assume Loke too)
7. Tower of Heaven
8. Fighting Festival
9. Oracion Seis
10. Edolas
11. Tenrou Island
there's a chance HIro might put the Key of the Starry Heaven since it was mentioned in the manga in a conversation with Yukino but I think most likely it wont
12. Grand Magic Games.(I dont know if its gonna be split into 2 covers, 1 dealing the tourament, and 2. dealing with Future Rogue and the dragons
despite hiro designed the eclipse celestial spirits I doubt it will get a cover
13. Sun Village
14. Tartaros
15. Avatar
16 Alvarez( there a chance it will be more than 1 cover, maybe 1 dealing with the Spriggan 12 and then Zeref/Acnologia, its a pretty long arc, but also recent so we never know).

also take accounts that last week, Hiro didnt do a chapter cover that focus on fairy tail history, he did a seprate color page, so there will probably be interuptions of color covers that has nothing to do with the countdown.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
It will probably be something like this with couple pages thrown in also probably a page or two for the movie Rzerox21 is right Galuna Island arc • Phantom Lord arc, Gruvia page , Loke arc • Tower of Heaven arc Jerza page, Battle of Fairy Tail arc, Oración Seis arc ,Edolas arc HappyxCarla Tenrou Island arc Gale(could be after battle of fairy tail cover) X791 arc Grand Magic Games arc Posibly Chendy page since Hiro has done a few chapter covers and tweets that are somewhat ambiguous Sun Village arc • Tartaros arc Zervis page
Rzerox21 is right a couple of the lager archs could be subdivided even tower of heaven Dragon force and Erza's past could both merit a cover if so than we could get quite a few chapters more than 16 just think how many moments Tartaros had.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
besides the countdown

The chapter covers could also be symbolizing the subplots.

Remember how the 483-490 chapter titles also were based around something in the chapter as well as counting down.

Memoir 1 "That fateful encounter" of Lucy and Natsu on the cover of a chapter about Natsu vs Zeref.

Memoir 2 "daybreak" a arc about a father leaving his son a message on a chapter from a son's point of view of why his father never loved him.

Memoir 3 chapter cover..... has Erza and Gray on cover..... and has Erza in chapter (Why not Gray you ask?)

Cuz next will be Galuna and the chapter content most likely will be about Gray and END/Lucy

Phantom Lord was a an arc about Jude Heartfilia and where we learned Layla died in 777. So mystery woman would probably be revealed here

Loke arc..... that chapter cover might be with her backstory

Tower of heaven..... might be Mavis's plan or something with Zeref or return to ErzaxJellal stuff

Just an idea

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
besides the countdown

Remember how the 483-490 chapter titles also were based around something in the chapter as well as counting down.

Memoir 1 "That fateful encounter" of Lucy and Natsu on the cover of a chapter about Natsu vs Zeref.

Memoir 2 "daybreak" a arc about a father leaving his son a message on a chapter from a son's point of view of why his father never loved him.

Memoir 3 chapter cover..... has Erza and Gray on cover..... and has Erza in chapter (Why not Gray you ask?)

Cuz next will be Galuna and the chapter content most likely will be about Gray and END/Lucy

Phantom Lord was a an arc about Jude Heartfilia and where we learned Layla died in 777. So mystery woman would probably be revealed here

Tower of heaven..... might be Mavis's plan or something with Zeref or return to ErzaxJellal stuff

Just an idea
Interesting idea but doesn't it seem a little too structured for Hiro?

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
besides the countdown

Just an idea
Phantom lord we will get Juvia, Gajeel along with team Natsu cover.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Phantom lord we will get Juvia, Gajeel along with team Natsu cover.

Gajeel and Juvia definetly.

And didn't mean that we would get a Jude cover. Meant that the symbology of the arc line up with thencover. Or that also where Makarov got sick and defeated Jose. So maybe something of Laxus. Juvia could even wake up by that point. But think the mystery lady would be revealed by then.

Interesting idea but doesn't it seem a little too structured for Hiro?
Well Mashima a lot of times seems to put way too much effort in things that don't amount to anything

thatsvicchan

Reaction score
Country
Italy
^ I wish to see not only Juvia but all the Element 4 members... they really have been forgotten tbh it would be nice to have a cover with them.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
^ I wish to see not only Juvia but all the Element 4 members... they really have been forgotten tbh it would be nice to have a cover with them.
Well that's like my opinion of Jose. He's not as cool as bad guys like Jellal and Hades and Mard but he was the first villain to actually be organized to be a threat to the whole Guild. Actually he was the only one to attack the guild openly before Mards. Erza couldn't take him out. Makarov had to use Law. Plus the Gajeel + elemental four were some of most threatening underlings in the series.

So hope it's cool but don't want it to be crowded.

thatsvicchan

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well that's like my opinion of Jose. He's not as cool as bad guys like Jellal and Hades and Mard but he was the first villain to actually be organized to be a threat to the whole Guild. Actually he was the only one to attack the guild openly before Mards. Erza couldn't take him out. Makarov had to use Law. Plus the Gajeel + elemental four were some of most threatening underlings in the series.

So hope it's cool but don't want it to be crowded.
Same, crowded covers are messy and hard to color. But I am actually really fond of PL... and the element 4 have no panels together... D:

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
14 chapters? That is enough time for Natsu to defeat both Zeref and Acnologia. Let's go Natsuuuu :kappa

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Can we keep track of the chapter covers on this thread? Or would that need to be another thread. Post them all in chart like how the volume covers are on the official art and volume thread.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Can we keep track of the chapter covers on this thread? Or would that need to be another thread. Post them all in chart like how the volume covers are on the official art and volume thread.
Then just ask Holt to add them to the Volume Covers thread. However it would be a bit impractical, considering that all chapters have a cover in Fairy Tail.